Is my CDS about to die?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
RPMS should hold at 2750 I think may depend on your cds model.

One set the RPMS and the other holds it while under a load.

to know which one set it start it up and pull a vac off. if it idles down that is the one that set it. The other is the load one.

That may be why one cable is loose also, or it may need to be tightened.
Thanks for the info, Brad. I think I'm OK for now. The problem was most likely one of the electrical connector on the solenoid (I think that's what it is) right above the two pods. The rubber vacuum lines were not looking too good anymore so I changed them.My machine only runs at 1800 rpm but that's what it says in the manual. When the time comes I may buy the pods and do it myself.It's probably a good idea to get to know the machine better.
Yes it's kind of shabby that LPM charges 100.- for a part that might cost them 15.-. At the same time I need them to stay in business in case i have a serious problem in the future. There's nobody else that I know of around here who works on these machines. LPMs labor costs are fair and I like their mechanic very much. I can call him and he is always helpful when i have a question. That's worth a lot to me, so I don't want to alienate him by complaining about the part markup. It's not his fault.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom