Is my website OK?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hey guys,
I finally put a website together. Lot's of versions and updates.... took me a while. To me it looks pretty good but I wanted to post it here. I'm hoping that some of you might have a moment to look it over and tell me if there is anything that I should change. I recently did a post on Search Engine Optimization and got a few suggestion already and I made those changes already.
I have started a facebook page but I have not learned how to design it to look good and I don't know how to integrate it into my web page. I'm working on it.
I'm also starting to work on a youtube clip for my website.
So my link is
www.deepsteamcarpetcare.com

BradD

Supportive Member
Name
Brad Duncan
Looks pretty solid. The one thing I would change is on your services tab, making sure they are centered on the page.
The bullet points are hanging over the edge.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks for pointing that out. Foe some reason when I use bullets everything on the page get's messed up, so I took them out for now. I'll work on it tomorrow.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
looks like you left out tile and grout cleaning. if you are not cleaning tile you should consider it. your leaving money on the table.

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
I would submit having ladies that you know evaluate it. Since, they are the ones that make the decisions on your service.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
looks like you left out tile and grout cleaning. if you are not cleaning tile you should consider it. your leaving money on the table.

Yes it's probably something I should learn how to do. right now I have no clue about that.I'm not sure what i would have to spent on tools to get into this part of the business.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
if you already have a truck mount capable of running 800 psi or so all you need a about a $1000 investment in tools. very easy.
Yes it's probably something I should learn how to do. right now I have no clue about that.I'm not sure what i would have to spent on tools to get into this part of the business.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Put your logo at the top or at least change the blue on blue. there is too my indention between that at the tabs. you show the same picture in the header and he footer.
take the hit counter off ( NOBODY has used that since the 1990's!!!)
the contact page blue box hurts the eyes! and the info is out of allignment

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I changed the color and layout on my services page, took out the picture on the bottom of my front page, added a special, but I'm keeping my counter. I just want to know how much traffic is coming to my site.
I was trying to find a way to get a better looking coupon for my site but that cannot be done within the program.
Godaddy suggested I get some blank coupon images from the web and then fill them with what I want to say on them, and finally convert them to a jpeg upload them and insert the coupon images.
I was looking for some templates that would work but couldn't find any.
So I suppose now I'm kind of stuck with the single plain coupon for now.I really wanted three in a row on the front page but right now I don't know how to do that.
I have to see if I can put something together in Word.Then convert that to a jpeg.I'm not really great at that and it's going to take me some time but for now I can't think of another way to do it.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Richard has got some nice looking coupons posted in another thread here. Why don't you just copy his, seems to be the thing to do:clap:

I would like to if that was OK....who is Richard and how do I find the posting. I did a search but it didn't turn up anything.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Your website looks nice...No offense...You look like Gandaloff from Lord of The Rings...:icon_rolleyes:

Mikey P

Administrator
I know its kind of hard to tell but I'm still alive and well...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Over all very nice..

I personally hate backgammon wand patterns in b4 and after pics. I don't think most customer have a clue so it looks like you F'd up the carpet.

Needs a blog.

Needs more testimonials, preferably from community figures.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Your website looks nice...No offense...You look like Gandaloff from Lord of The Rings...:icon_rolleyes:

LOL that's funny. I hope I don't look quite that old yet!
BTW thanks for the continued input. I got a few testimonials on there now. I'll be getting more soon. The patterns from the wand are something that I've been wondering about myself. I personally happen to like that look but I read the thread about grooming or not grooming and I know that there are different opinion about that.For before and after shots I thought it would show the difference better if there are wand marks. I'll probably add more pics as time goes on.
Lately I am getting all kinds of calls for SEO companies. Not the calls I want to get from the site. I also get lots of e-mails where companies are trying to sell me these optimization packages. Is that a scam or it it worthwhile?
I'm not showing up on the first page yet but I'm starting to get the word out to all my contacts.
As far as having a blog goes, I don't have a clue about that at this point. I should look at some sites that have blogs. Do you guys write your own content or do you get it from other sites?

Mikey P

Administrator
I write most of my own, take a few quotes from elsewhere.

Easy enough to do with a cell phone cam and a 1 to 20 minutes to load up some thoughts..

You'll be surprised at how many people will read (some of) it.

I often send customer links to tips from the blog rather than overload them with info on the day of the job.

Back
Top Bottom