is the 360i streaking cure on the way?

Mikey P

Administrator

Mike Pailliotet, This e-mail is to inform you that your recent order with us has now shipped. Please be sure to inspect all boxes for damage prior to signing for the goods. Damaged goods from shipping must reported to the shipping company and Rotovac within 48 hours. Tracking information may now show up to 24 hours after shipment.
You can track the progress of your packages online using the following information:
Shipping Company: FedEx
Phone: 800-463-3339

Tracking Number(s):

Rotovac Order Number: 6836
Thank you for your business. We hope you will keep us in mind for all your future carpet cleaning needs.
Rotovac Corporation
1-888-768-6822
http://www.rotovac.com

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So what is it and what is it going to cost the rest of us to get ours corrected.......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and how come the WHOLE time you were making love to that thing, we NEVER heard a word about streaking or bogged down motors til JIM mentioned it first???

buy then, all the Mike wannabes already bought one

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
tuck your de'Jour hard on back in meAt.

The streaking is rare. So rare many owners never see it

We only saw it less than 10% of the time, far less now that we know where not to use it and have the less prone 4 headed option

never ever had a motor issue with my two units.

In fact I've had two bogging, fuse blowing issues with the HOSS' much bigger motor, but not the Rv's.

lots of theories on what causes it but no facts.

I just hope this idea works so I don't have to worry about my guys blowing it when Im not along for the ride..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Streaking is not that rare...I know a lot of guys that are getting it...
cant say I have heard any other theories except the jets getting blocked...we all knew the 4 jet would help..but not solve the problem....

whatshisbut did a thermal image of the heat that motor is generating...and I know of one that has already failed and a few that have toasted there brushes.....the ones that are having the biggest problems are the ones that pull them out more then just a small handful of times a week/month....

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah we don't use ares daily, especially now that we run two trucks with the HOSS on one of them

Do you have the 4 port head Jim?

YOU had a theory I recall, something about the V vac sucking the head down to low thus porty or pussy mount owners not seeing the streaking as much or at all.

Mikey P

Administrator
oh, and Larry, any time you're man enough to show up for my challenge of me and a RV360 against you and your 175/wand combo I'll gladly make a fool out of you.

Reactions: FB7777

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yeah we don't use ares daily, especially now that we run two trucks with the HOSS on one of them

Do you have the 4 port head Jim?

YOU had a theory I recall, something about the V vac sucking the head down to low thus porty or pussy mount owners not seeing the streaking as much or at all.

no I don't have the 4 port head. Just the stock one...portables and smaller truck mounts seem to be just fine with the 360i...stronger machines will plant the head into the carpet and it does not allow the jets to disperse the water....also the harder it plants the hotter the motor will get.....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I guess since I did the thermal image I have acquired the name of "whatshisbut" any way I get the streaking as well.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I guess since I did the thermal image I have acquired the name of "whatshisbut" any way I get the streaking as well.

LOL...sorry...for the life of me I could not remember who did it.........

SamIam

Name
sam miller
no I don't have the 4 port head. Just the stock one...portables and smaller truck mounts seem to be just fine with the 360i...stronger machines will plant the head into the carpet and it does not allow the jets to disperse the water....also the harder it plants the hotter the motor will get.....

Do You think guys pushing thier hg out to 18 plus is an issue? maybe a setting of 12 to 14? may solve the issue less grab and clamp down kinda like Mike on a bike! :pig:

F

FB7777

I have the 4 port head and haven't experienced the streaking yet

Curious what the proposed 'fix' to the streaking problem is?

The 360i 4 port unit is a great tool... Very light and does a killer job of digging out dirt . Especially on Berber and crap rental olefin.

Initially didn't like the idea of the unit only having 3 ports but when the 4 jet unit came out I jumped on it

I doubt they"ll design a 5 port head, but it would distribute the weight, spray and balance the unit even more

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Do You think guys pushing thier hg out to 18 plus is an issue? maybe a setting of 12 to 14? may solve the issue less grab and clamp down kinda like Mike on a bike! :pig:

I don't run my machines over 11.5/12...I don't need to.....but yet it will suck it down and block the spray.....

you just cant tell me that when this machine has planted itself that the jets are doing there job the right way....look at how deep it set in.....

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

now compare it to where the jets sit.....

IMG_5592.jpg

but...if you are on a carpet where it will hold itself up......unless you go to fast..it will not streak.....

IMG_5307.jpg

if you are going to have jets that spray.....you are going to need height so they can do there job....

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Wow, Jim, that post is like a tutorial, good job.

How does the Hoss clean the same long pile white carpet?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Wow, Jim, that post is like a tutorial, good job.

How does the Hoss clean the same long pile white carpet?

the spray bars is what sets this rotary apart from all the others.........it does not need height to disperse the water evenly.......it is a series of downward flow...so no matter how high the carpet is...it is impossible to obstruct them....you will still get the flow...add the water metering control valve to it...and it can take on anything out there....I would much rather have water control then motor control....it will put you way further ahead.......

I have cleaned that white carpet for years....they have me there 3 times a year....the RX did a good job but did not leave it as dry as the Hoss....the 360i choked its self....the Hoss glided right along with no problems and left it drier......

I like the 360i...it is a good little machine when you can use it....but anytime you see the out side of that shroud hit the carpet...its probably going to streak......

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hell i use mine alll the time, multiple jobs a day to....no motor issues...mine is the OG 360 with teflon everything....and i only had issues when i 1st started running it....

with that said...the hoss does have me thinking.....but for $1000+ more it had better give a BJ while its cleaning:headbang:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hell i use mine alll the time, multiple jobs a day to....no motor issues...mine is the OG 360 with teflon everything....and i only had issues when i 1st started running it....

with that said...the hoss does have me thinking.....but for $1000+ more it had better give a BJ while its cleaning:headbang:

once you run the Hoss........you will feel like you just got one.......:rockon:

Mikey P

Administrator
will that tag line be used in the next clean fax?

Order your HOSS700 today and get a ride around the block in Joe Polishe's Hummer!

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Are the swirl maker what is being referred to as streaking. Or is it soil streaking? Could I see a picture?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
four port head and swirls marks on anything other than commercial carpet. i have a hard time controlling the 360 on commercial carpet.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Swirl marks you get with all rotaries....this is soil and it really magnifies when you brush out the swirls....

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
thats how im running the jets on the trex and its working great for me

thats a good sound track cd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom