Is the BBB going bye,bye

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you guys think that the BBB is even relevant to use for marketing purposes any more?

Due to the rise in the use of online reviews. Does anybody think there is a marketing reason to join the BBB?

Or is it going the way of the Yellow Pages and lined phones.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Its still one of the most recognised symbols to indicate whether a company is trustworthy or not.
Even though that trust has been badly abused many times, people still see BBB and think that company must be ok, or they will check to see how that company is rated.

Its a whack of money but if you use the marketing I think it will pay off many times over what any Yellow Page ad will.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know I only had 15 hits on the BBB in the past year and 5 or more were from me!! How many were from competitors?

However, I have many calls a day from clients that say the reason they called my company over the rest in my area is my strong and prominent online reviews.

Online reviews are hot and much easily accessible than going to the BBB.

Heck online reviews are even all over TV and print.

Every Sunday I see them in the paper from major retailers.

From my experience a review from a former client carries a lot of weight and adds trust.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
they've been bugging me lately. i had them email a packet, I need to thoroughly look at it to make an opinion, it looks like they're creating a bigger internet presence, it may be worth it for $30 a month......maybe

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Funny, some dude called me and left a voicemail saying he was from the BBB and needed to verify my info.

When I called him back he said "Hello"

Hell of a way to answer you phone if you work for the BBB....So I'm not sure what that was all about.

This just shows how much the so called marketing experts know.

I get a good majority of my new clientele directly from the bbb and they pay a premium price.

Tons of people tell me they checked me out with the bbb.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dannny Boy,

My point is that if a cleaner has a lot of reviews prospects won't find as much of a need to check with the BBB.

(Less than 1 per month check on my company)

Your listing proves my point.

Since, you only have one review. It forces the client to go to the BBB for more information.

Also, with wording like,"Rips off and mistakes to avoid" in the front of your listing on Google Places it can implant in the client's mind that carpet cleaners are a bunch of rip offs.

You might set a better tone with more positive wording like , Honest, Dependable, or your USP...

I was never a fan of negative advertising. It reminds me of class warfare. I can backfire and plant negative seeds about your own company.

Could also be a factor of why so many go to the BBB for your company.

I won't mention that you look very young (15)in your picture.

I don't say it to disparage you. I just wonder if you prospects think the same thing.

Dave I get nothing but compliments on my site and would bet I get more in any week than you get in a year.

Your website, your truck, your machine, your business, and your pretend marketing program suck.

And by the way I get tons of nice looking women call me because in their words I look handsome unlike your creepy pedophile

looking self.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The problem with the BBB is scare tactics and dishonesty....If you're getting work from it ...Great.

But remember the client just got scammed by what they probably thought was a govt agency and really believes the crap they spew.

20/20 or 60 minutes did a piece on the BBB and how they operate....I choose not to associate with that kind of company whether it brings me work or not.

Now let's talk Groupon LMFAO!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
danielc said:
Dave I get nothing but compliments on my site and would bet I get more in any week than you get in a year.

Your website, your truck, your machine, your business, and your pretend marketing program suck.

And by the way I get tons of nice looking women call me because in their words I look handsome unlike your creepy pedophile

looking self.

And You are the one that gets tons of people that have to check you out at the BBB.

You get all these compliments. Yet only 1 review?

Something doesn't quite jive with your "logic."

I wasn't talking about your site. I was talking about your places listing.

Further, I don't drool at my clients.

I treat all clients the same, with respect.

It's not wise to lust after them, like you talk about here often.

BTW: I get compliments on my Places listing(several a day). No need to go to my website or my competitions.

The listing alone closes the sale.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I'll just say that SCREWGOOLE isn't the answer to everyone's internet hopes and dreams...there are other internet avenues that work...maybe this could be one of them?

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
To me The BBB is a tool of the dishonest and untrustworthy companies.
Some of the worst bait and switch carpet cleaning companies I know Have A+ ratings on BBB because they buy it and then the brag about their great rating on their website. I know of companies who rip people off left and right and have terrible reviews all over the internet but somehow have an A+ rating with the BBB. Also a company named Inventhelp.com tried to rip me off for tens of thousands of dollars and if you do a little research you will find horrible stories of how they rip people off, when I told the rep I was going in another direction because I found out they are a scam company the rep told me "how could we rip people off and still have an A+ rating with the BBB" I told him because you buy the rating!!

PCCN

Sorry to say that I was disappointed to find that by simply paying your dues on time you can keep an A+ rating. It's fairly expensive dues for what you get, but I actually get 1-2 inquiries a month about us to the BBB. Regularly have customers tell me they wont use anyone who doesn't have a good rating. So, even though our customers don't see how easy it is to get a great rating, it does give businesses an edge. It of course doesn't hurt that after 9 yrs. we have no complaints. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom