Is the Cimex still king?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think it's the combination of 2 things.

The weight of the head. Huge motor right over the pads.

Pads spin (faster) and in the opposite direction of the head itself. This gives the pads big scrubbing power and even wear.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Last edited by a moderator:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Pushes much nicer. Using stairs doesn't suck as muchlol.
If it's your main vlm tool you should have it. Unless your a cheapskate like Richard :p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
7 and don't tell any of my employees about the Big Wheels! :errf:

Actually if I were to do it over I'd have bought it on each machine, one at a time. Now, they are fine. In fact they want another Orbot instead of big wheels on the Cimex's.

Reactions: tmdry

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Guess it depends on how often you run into stairs marty.

We don't have the big boys either but next one will.
Would be nice to have 1 set up.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't have the big wheels but wish I had gotten them.

Maybe when I'm rich and famous.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you are working on your own, then ramps are a necessity if you don't want to damage your back or other body parts.

I use telescoping ramps, 3' - 6', aluminum, so they are very light.

RampsnPort013_zps98581a89.jpg

I store them against the wall in the van.

RampsnPort010_zpsf17525f1.jpg

What I like about the Big Wheels are the way they help me maneuver the 'Mex;

They are so much easier to take the machine up stairs, but that's not all.

I am forever running over my electrical cable, especially if walking backwards.

With the small original wheels, these would usually jam when they hit the cable, the Big Wheels roll straight on over.

IF you ever have to go across soft ground, pebbles, etc; you will bog down with the original wheels, the Big Wheels roll over it like a 4wd compared to a car.

As you work with them you realise just how essential they really are.

I also believe that Big Wheels make the 'Mex; easier to move around without adding any extra weight, dimensions, etc;

They have allowed me to clean more carpet in a day which equals more dollars in my pocket. (TAKE NOTE RICHARD). :smile:

What the Big Wheels cost me are a lot less than medical bills.

:yoda:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Richard, I've since removed the rear galvanized step & installed a tow-bar to pull my trailer which holds my WDR equipment.

Simple matter now when I get a call-out just to hook up the trailer and go straight to the job without the need for a second vehicle, or unloading/loading dehums;, air movers, axials, ducting, water claw, etc;

The Toyota Hi Ace four cylinder, 2 litre gas donk with auto; tranny is a great van, has 6 cubic meters of space in the rear, and will suck the skin off a custard tart at a hundred paces quicker than any Vortex could. :stir:

I think :pig: $Marty should get one. :winky:

Mike Draper

In the last week I've cleaned around 30k sq. ft. with the cimex. It always amazes me how well that thing scrubs carpet. It's still king in my book. Maybe we should rename it the money king?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Is the bigger wheel kit necessary?

I bought the bigger wheel kit. $200 extra. That's dinner for Ricky and his Wife. It does make handling a lot easier. As for your Ox "Son"......anyone with any balls can pick it up. It's just too awkward to load alone. That friggin' motor throws the weight balance off. I will be building ramps this weekend for self-loathing......I mean self-loading. Just trying to narrow down the best encap-poo without emptying wallet.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When it all totals up I think that's what its going to cost for EACH girl. That would include tuition, books, housing and everything else.

They are working now and once school starts they will continue to work weekends for spending money and......food. :winky:

They could have lived at home and went to Washburn University but they didn't want to. Housing is expensive in Lawrence, gouging the students is a way of life over there. :errf: :icon_cry: :lol:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
RICHARD, maybe you could get a set of Big Wheels mounted onto a Cimex and send it t the girls.

That way, instead of working part time at some fast food joint to make ends meet, they could do some work on campus, cleaning dorm rooms etc; for the other students. :winky:

Plenty of Oscar Ash there also. :pig:

It could be Wheeley good for them & think of the FREE exercise they'd get rolling Big Yella all over campus and up & down stairs. :numfi:

That all equates to less money you'd have to send them.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
One other thing to remember:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Although Rick Gelinas sells the Big Wheels, he also has to purchase those wheels and axles from someone else, & then stock them until someone wants to purchase a set.

We all know that suppliers aren't in the game to be nice people and give things away, just like we don't clean every carpet for free.

Everyone has to make a profit to stay in business, to supply us with what we need, to carry on our business profitably.

I find the silence deafening from those that have purchased a set of Big Wheels and have not been satisfied with them.

I personally, have recently bought another set of wheels & tires to replace my aging ones.

NO WAY will I ever go back to the stock standard, harder than a mother in laws heart wheels that Big Yella was supplied with.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Russ, this board has a way of making all the neat toys seem absolutely necessary. I wouldn't change a thing though. All the extras I have purchased from seeing on here have paid for themselves.

Reactions: Russ T.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Trio is the absolute king of CRB's because of it's weight, and yes all 3 brushes come into contact with the carpet. it cleans as well as the Cimex. but it is designed poorly, i posted my thoughts and experience on another thread. i am back to using the Cimex and have only kept the Trio for any project where i was worried about carpet warranty. in 10 years i have never run into such a project....i quoted one but didn't get it...

after reading Billy Y's post, now i am not so worried about warranty issues. my next CGD machine will be another Cimex.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My Cimex came in today. Big boy wheels and all.

But Tricky Ricky didn't put the free commercial marketing kit in the box.

HE told me that you were the GURU of commercial marketing and helped write the encyclopedia on it with Richard Chavez's help so you didn't really need it ??

Go get 'em tiger. :winky:

One Vortex for sale in six months time. :pig: :lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom