Is the IICRC worth it???

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I have been cleaning for 11 years, I had achieved the rank of Master Certified Cleaner. I stopped renewing the membership a few years back. There were no more classes I wanted to take, I never got a job referral of none of my clients had heard of them.

I was thinking about going back and rejoining so I called them and there is a bunch hoops that I would have to jump through to get my certs back.

So here is my question. Is the IICRC worth it these days? Are the changes they made for the positive? Is it worth jumping through the hoops to get back on with them?

Thanks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The new regime has not been in long enough to know if there's any difference. So far, I have not noticed any increase in business through them.
Every 5-10 years or so I get a client through them. Which does not cover the cost. As you said, most clients never heard about them.

Does it help in marketing?
You'd have to ask a client. I suspect it is one more little detail that help us look more "professional."

harryhides

Name
Tony
Only you can really answer that question.
For a large established company like Ken's with their marketing clout and in-house training capabilities, it is unlikely.
For a brand new start up it will likely be a different matter.

We did put on a TV piece for a million subscriber views that you can see here - http://www.designingspaces.tv/show_segment.php?id=1222
We have overhauled our web-site and SEO plus now have a social media presence that we never had before.
Lots more to do.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I did not renew either and don't plan on it unless they re activate me for free and show some sort of benefit. At the current time they are toilet paper about to be pulled off the roll. You know where it goes from there.

Mikey P

Administrator
nobody answered my 3 M question..
Can 3M insist that I am a card carrying IICRC member?

The homeowner in question thinks I'll be violating the warranty if I am not, regardless of method and materials used.

SuperSteemLLC

Name
Desmond Hairston
I went years ago to learn what I needed to know, and have not been back. I don't think I have forgotten how to clean because I dont have a badge that says I know. :hopeless:

Back
Top Bottom