Is the Rolladex dead?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is the Rolladex dead?

Many many moons ago we handed out a plastic rolladex cards. I've not seen a rolladex for quite sometime, my 82 year old father had one and it was filled with his contacts but he didn't use a PC.

Is it dead, not worth making new cards? I think we still got one from Uline and laughed about it.

What do you think?

Rolladex.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Istill have mine from years ago.that I ocassionally look at to find something obscure but I would never add to it and haven't since maybe 2000.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'd have really liked him Lee. Soft spoken, church going, man.....nothing like me. eat shit! Dan is more like him than I am. I frustrated him, made him laugh and made him think.
I take it all for granted and then when I think of what he accomplished I'm amazed. He grew up dirt poor, said he had no middle name because they couldn't afford to give him one. who cares!

Raised in a railroad box car, he was the oldest of 14-kids, dropped out of school after 8th grade. He was a drill sargent in the army, then spent 25-years in the laundry business before starting his own business shampooing carpets in 1967.

I miss him everyday!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom