is there a benefit to have links in your signiture HERE?

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Mikey, good to talk to you a couple of weeks ago, thank for calling me. I had a question about your being a "supportive member" post.

First off I would just say, honestly I have never really ever given any thought (I'm sure a lot of people haven't either). But now that you post some benefits, it does make you think. I do enjoy checking out topics and postings, even though I do not post a lot. Really like the new rugs and textiles page.

Any way, my question to you was about the links and SEO benefit of being a supportive member. Can you explain those for me? For $60, for the year and get some benefits, it certainly could make sense to join. Thanks,

Fred, I got this in my PM box tonight and would like YOU to answer the gentleman...

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
What answer do you want?

Yes it is possible that one of the factors of the algorithm is backlinks from niche related forums (or non in quantity). Why do you think you see so much forum spam?

but really that is such a small part of "SEO" and the value of forum and comment links seems to have diminished greatly to combat spam

That said we are considering a couple things that may be of real benefit........but they may not make it to primetime......so don't base your membership on that.

Is a link from MB going to get you to number 1? No..

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

highsteam

Name
Alberto
I also heard that is not that goos as it used to be for organic rankings. It is for direct traffic though but since its difficult for a customer to be searching for a company thru the forums i dont know.

To be Do Follow is a + for sure. More important i consider is the blogging option in this forum.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes the Blogs here can help but keep in mind a blog entry here for lets say, tile cleaning in Chippawah Falls may show up better than your poorly optimized website and I really don't think you want your customers finding MB instead of your site..

that damn Googleman :very_drunk:

he never makes it easy now do he?

come to M9F to hear Fred speak on what all you can do to boost your showings on the search engines (according to the rules established for the week of 2/15/2013)

and no, a blog on toothymuddahfookers aint gonna do you shit either..

FredC

Village Idiot
There was a time when having a blog on both would be of great benefit.................not so much anymore.

Still a link in your sig, your member profile on the main page, and links from the blog are probably a good idea

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
On a scale of of 1-10 signature is probably like a 2 or something. Used to count for more but not so much today.

The way i look at it quitting is not an option, so over a year we will try 15 or 20 different things and test ideas out.
Blog 1x month or whatever is a pretty good idea also, according to the googleman anyway.

Giving myself until next spring to figure this mess out and then it goes onto the pile of broken dreams and missed opportunities...
What's one more ?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I dunno, but for my city its good.....now i just got to figure out how to get on the other cities top list....like that Kellys carpet....

screenshot.jpg

Kipp

Name
kip
This is an easy one. For $60 a year to have do follow links from a contextually related forum is a no brainier.

Members should have keyword backlink(s) and google place page address in signature.

Like Shane said blog periodically.

People pay pretty good to have one link from a website that is as relevant and has the authority that mikeysboard does.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
so then what Shane you hire a SEO pro or you go back to door hangers?

HaHa, no door hangers for me...

Positive we are going to hire a commercial sales person this winter, so might just focus on commercial work for a couple years and really nail down a system.
SEO is great from a payback standpoint but in my market you are not going to become rich from the volume.

Back
Top Bottom