Is there a Big Truck in your future?

Mikey P

Administrator
Taking everything into consideration do you see your company needing (another) a PTO driven, dual wand, cab over diesel any time soon?

Personally, my next truck will be a gasoline engine box truck with two Slide Ins ala' Joe Harper.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mike,
I agree with the whole box truck thing. But, with a C-4 would one really need 2 truckmounts in the box.

As things stand now when we get a back up truck I am looking seriously and actively looking for a used Penske box truck, and then will be putting a C-4 in it with at least 200 gal. fresh water tank. My only hangup is the propane, and I really don't fear it as much as I am concerned about problems with the pressure etc in the winter that I have seen mentioned. I just have to study it more I suppose. I would love nothing better than to have an Aero Tech but I just can't justify 90k when I can get the other set up for around 35k total. I rarely use double wanding so no real need for it. And I truely believe the C-4 will have everthing we need and be much quieter than the beast.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think we are good with big trucks for now, we have a Prochem 805 and she is a beast.

We don't use it everyday, in fact we only use it for large commercial carpet jobs or large commercial water losses. Plenty of suck and plenty of heat, we run two powerglides off of her on high, and she still has more heat than our high temp Butler running a single powerglide. Long hose runs are no problem other than hose management end.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
mikey a gas box truck is all fine and dandy, but be prepared for 6.5-7mpg, I ran gas isuzu's npr's before I started my biz, that is the kind of mileage they got, also they were slow and underpowered, the one diesel we had was a '92 model npr, it didn't accelerate very fast but would pull the load at highway speeds better. It also go about 16mpg weighing around 11,500 normal weight. I still think diesel is the way to go.

if you really want a horse of a truck get a GMC top kick with the duramax in it, and pretend you are driving a zerorez truck. :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I won't need a "big truck". If I did need more power, the C4 has all I'd need. Plus I have my old Big Red which could be Judson-refit.
As for a truck, if money was no problem I'd consider the new Mercedes Sprinter. There's also the cabover Izuzu's. I'll go diesel or propane though, not gas.

Amazing

A nice ford LCF with a mounted gas tank for TM would be nice. Sure help in monitoring fuel uses for rig and tm.

I'd not want a gas engine in a box truck.

As for a vortex, Aero, etc..
As sexy as they are, they seems like a PITA.

For now I will stick with econolines.

F

FB7777

Mikey P said:
Taking everything into consideration do you see your company needing (another) a PTO driven, dual wand, cab over diesel any time soon?

Personally, my next truck will be a gasoline engine box truck with two Slide Ins ala' Joe Harper.
nice to see you finally come around to what many if us already knew when you were busy blasting everything non-Vortex and getting banned from every other bulletin board :mrgreen: :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can't blame the guy for finally seeing the light.
Those ideas get lost in all that head room looking for the sweet spot. :mrgreen:

What I want to know is why the need for a large box truck and two machines?

An extended cargo would allow you to have an EVEREST and still carry over 130 gallons of freshwater. You could have a chemical shelf, carry 300' of hose, and still have room for extra tools.

If you needed the extra mahcine, then install the Lunchpail in a small trailer and pull it with the van on jobs it was needed for. You could even drop the trailer and go to the opposite side of the building with the van.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan wrote: What I want to know is why the need for a large box truck and two machines?

Because we "WANT" what we "WANT"...&..."We always get what we "WANT".. :idea: :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
danielc said:

An extended cargo would allow you to have an EVEREST and still carry over 130 gallons of freshwater. You could have a chemical shelf, carry 300' of hose, and still have room for extra tools.

If you needed the extra mahcine, then install the Lunchpail in a small trailer and pull it with the van on jobs it was needed for. You could even drop the trailer and go to the opposite side of the building with the van.

I am not a big machine loony, but even I will admit the everest is no dual wand machine. if you wanna run too machines I think it would be cool if a guy could somehow figure out how to have both machines share a waste tank. it would take up a bunch less space that way. and you only fire up one unit is you are single wanding. 2 sapphire machines wouldn't take up too much space in a cargo box truck.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
steve g said:
danielc said:

I am not a big machine loony, but even I will admit the everest is no dual wand machine. if you wanna run too machines I think it would be cool if a guy could somehow figure out how to have both machines share a waste tank. it would take up a bunch less space that way. and you only fire up one unit is you are single wanding. 2 sapphire machines wouldn't take up too much space in a cargo box truck.

Anyone looking for the "pErfEcT"..waste tank..I HAVE IT..300 gal..& 3 vac ports... :shock:

S4010990.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
If it were perfect it would be on your truck Joe?

The "perfect" waste tank would be a very small cylindrical separator with an APO to a bladder type tank that would be much lighter and only occasionally take up much space.

Ideally that would be paired to a similar bladder type fresh water holder that would also be much lighter and likewise only occasionally take up much space. For practical purposes one would be near empty if the other were near full.

Thanks,
Lee

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
All you really need to dual wand is 2 blowers. White Magic makes such a beast. Maybe Les could do the same in a slide-in.

Cameron1

There is a big truck in my future, and its' gonna be a disel unit and truck.

Details to follow, but I think it will be cutting edge stuff.

T he future....so to speak.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:

Cuz even my shitty little 36 blower machine in a van takes up to damn much room....you guys that clean outa vans are looooney...same loons as those who dont clean with HOT water....Both follow the same analogy to....ifn you havent done it, you dont know what your missing....ohhh and stfu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve g said:
mikey a gas box truck is all fine and dandy, but be prepared for 6.5-7mpg, I ran gas isuzu's npr's before I started my biz, that is the kind of mileage they got, also they were slow and underpowered, the one diesel we had was a '92 model npr, it didn't accelerate very fast but would pull the load at highway speeds better. It also go about 16mpg weighing around 11,500 normal weight. I still think diesel is the way to go.

if you really want a horse of a truck get a GMC top kick with the duramax in it, and pretend you are driving a zerorez truck. :lol:

What type of gearing are you talk there Steve??? 6-7 are you smoking dope??? I gets straight up 10 (ok not tons better but not 6) wether i pull some hills, or wether i drive 80 down the freeway...10

ill give ya diesel gets better, but it seems that it always is higher priced latly..so the costs dont offset that much

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a 14 ft. box truck. I have a tnt which has a 150 gallon waist tank, 225 gallon fresh water tank and
plenty of room for all my my other stuff.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Room would be the biggest reason for a box truck. Get a decent size TM and use the rest of the space wisely.

Dave Rampage

Love my Aero Tech. It's 5 years old with almost90,000 miles and 3300 hours. I will definitely get another one when the time comes. Right now I am happy with the one I have.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:

nope........

Mikey P

Administrator
fred boyle said:
[quote="Mikey P":2ta8iwjo]Taking everything into consideration do you see your company needing (another) a PTO driven, dual wand, cab over diesel any time soon?

nice to see you finally come around to what many if us already knew when you were busy blasting everything non-Vortex and getting banned from every other bulletin board :mrgreen: :shock:[/quote:2ta8iwjo]

**** off Fred, I demand that you remove any mention of my name or business from this Board or I will have your head up your lawyers ass so far you'll know what he type of girl scouts cookie your kiddies forced down his throat last year.

As for my Vortex, the reason I would not buy one again is the same as why I would not buy another Butler.

PTOs don't make sense.

Why ruin a very expensive automotive/truck engine when a $2000 lawnmower engine does the trick?

Never again.

Dave Rampage

Mike,

I've had those small lawn mower engines, butlers, 4 cylinder liquid cooled and the big trucks. The big trucks cost me way less to maintain and I have never had a truck as reliable as this.

Just my opinion. The Aero Tech works for me.

Chris A

Name
Chris
At the 72k ish price point they were at one time, maybe... now, prolly not

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Lee Stockwell said:
If it were perfect it would be on your truck Joe?

The "perfect" waste tank would be a very small cylindrical separator with an APO to a bladder type tank that would be much lighter and only occasionally take up much space.

Ideally that would be paired to a similar bladder type fresh water holder that would also be much lighter and likewise only occasionally take up much space. For practical purposes one would be near empty if the other were near full.

Thanks,
Lee

Missed this one LEE...

It was NOT perfect for me...because the PC 805 it is a monster... :!:
That is why I had a custom plastic tank ...made for the 805...!
You have to remember we can dump "almost ANYWHERE"...
Both the Pc 805 & the PC 405...have APO'S..very seldom to we transport waste water...

If that is the "situation"...we can just dual-wand withe 805 only...& run the APO into
the 405's waste tank.."if nessary" :idea: "IT hasn't happened YET..!"

The versatility of running the 2 TM'S..is endless....You can match the equipment to the
job...! "It works out GREAT for us"... !gotcha! Needless to say...We do NOT clean
much furniture with the 805.... :lol:

AGAIN...I must stress the fact that we run 3 to 4 techs on this truck...!!!!!!!!

I can tell you this....This UNIT is NEVER sitting on the yard...The MEN choose to
work out of this UNIT...EveryDaY... :shock: Realize their % rate..goes DOWN when
they all team-up on ONE truck... :!:

They can INCREASE production...so much more on this unit...That THEY net MORE money
Than if they were on a truck with a 2 man CREW... :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave Rampage said:
Mike,

I've had those small lawn mower engines, butlers, 4 cylinder liquid cooled and the big trucks. The big trucks cost me way less to maintain and I have never had a truck as reliable as this.

Just my opinion. The Aero Tech works for me.

I'm sure your unit was put together much better than my made out of haste, torn apart, re-engineered and rushed back together unit.

What truck do you have Dave?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey P said:
[Why ruin a very expensive automotive/truck engine when a $2000 lawnmower engine does the trick?

Because they're just so nice to operate. The engine is silent and has no odor, no risk of fire or explosion, the machine belts and components operate very cool and last thousands of hours longer than slide ins. You only concern yourself with the van engine and components which any local machanic can repair. My Chevy Express engine will need replacing at 190000 miles, thats in another ten years, it's seven years old now. It's not that big of deal for all the bother you put up with a stinky hot noisy lawn mower motor right in your van with all the equipment you bring into homes.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I liked that Judson machine I demoed with the Zipper wand in Nashville. Built like it will last for decades. If you want to use a slide in thats a good unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom