Is there a Big Truck in your future?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Oh Brother!

Would somebody please get this old/old/recycled thread out of its misery?

Pull the plug BABY!

Euthanasia all the way!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian R said:
Room would be the biggest reason for a box truck. Get a decent size TM and use the rest of the space wisely.
thats what makes my new truck nice is the layout inside.

Oh, you can't use just one waste tank between 2 blowers, you would lose the effectiveness of the 2nd blower. Better to have 2 waste tanks with 2 blowers and 2 separate pressure pumps or 2 separate pressure regulators.

Mikey P

Administrator
kolfer1 said:
Oh Brother!

Pull the plug BABY!

Euthanasia all the way!

you've become a real dick Otis.

Welcome to Mikey's Board.

Glad to see the real you.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I am happy with what I have. Have a few commercial jobs that need 2 300' hose runs. Still have more spit and suck than a single unit with 300'

bought the machine for more space and to save time more then anything else and that what it does

don't plan on buying another machine, when this one runs out I will probable get out and down size

steve g

Name
steve garrett
at some point could it be better might it be better to just drive 2 extended vans with a unit mounted in each out to a job, schedule your days so that say 2 or 3 days a weeks you need 2 wands on a job, the other days a single wand machine will work.

as to the 6-7mpg yeah that is what I got out of the isuzu NPR's I drove, they were loaded to 11,500 with machine, equipment and box, they had chevy 350 and a GM 4 speed trans, pretty basic v8 gas motor, I can guarantee there hasn't been a big change in motor fuel mileage since I last drove those, technology hasn't progressed that much, maybe unloaded fuel mileage has went up but not towing or weight carrying mileage. you have to understand with that much weight you have to run motors like that nearly wide open all the time. and BTW those motors were toast by 100k, they were either blown or about to give up at around 100k miles.

Dave Rampage

Mike,

I have a warranty place nearby. I haven't needed them except for my veggie oil fiasco in 2006. I would like the UD again. It just runs and runs and runs. I don't mind the bumpy ride, I race go karts on a rough track with no suspension. A UD truck is like a cadillac compared to a racing kart.

Dave

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:
kolfer1 said:
Oh Brother!

Pull the plug BABY!

Euthanasia all the way!

you've become a real dick Otis.

Welcome to Mikey's Board.

Glad to see the real you.

That Otis has some good moves.
And that is a misrepresentation Bubba- I certainly don't have that level of dexterity.
Reminds me of Elvis.

Take it out of its recycled misery.
Regardless of the rating.........
What?
No drama any more.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave Rampage said:
Mike,

I have a warranty place nearby. I haven't needed them except for my veggie oil fiasco in 2006. I would like the UD again. It just runs and runs and runs. I don't mind the bumpy ride, I race go karts on a rough track with no suspension. A UD truck is like a cadillac compared to a racing kart.

Dave

Do you still have that old guy doing oil changes and hand waxing every night?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:
Now why would I want to do that?

This is The Vortex Board after all.

I'm just dieing to find out if a Big Truck will be at Connections.

Wasn't Yorkie going to sue you if you mentioned his machine any more?

Go, Yorkie.....................

Mikey P

Administrator
Sue me for mentioning MY Truck?

don't make me laugh..

I love my Vortex but would not buy another, Aerotech or not. Facts are facts Otis. KMA!
Shawn claimed he was going to sue Lee Stockwell, Fred Boyle and Art Kelly for having personal opinions that were not in line with his own.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Lee Iaccoca ever sue anybody for not being Bow Tie loyalist?
Did Colonel Sanders ever sue a guy for preferring Churches?
Did Larry flint ever file a case because a homo refused to read his magazine?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Chix?

Pix?

Lee, that is the same spelling my kids do when phone texting.

Whoever says you are not keeping up with the times should have their hedz chexed :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:
Sue me for mentioning MY Truck?

don't make me laugh..

I love my Vortex but would not buy another, Aerotech or not. Facts are facts Otis. KMA!
Shawn claimed he was going to sue Lee Stockwell, Fred Boyle and Art Kelly for having personal opinions.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Lee Iaccoca ever sue anybody for not being Bow Tie loyalist?
Did Colonel Sanders ever sue a guy for preferring Churches?
Did Larry flint ever file a case because a homo refused to read his magazine?

KYA??????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What happened to subtelty? :oops:?

Oy Vey, Bubba!

Du bist eine meshugene?

Billy

Name
BH
Not sure of when but we have plans on purchasing another AeroTech even though we still are mostly Residential. The AT has been a GREAT truck to us so far & yes I know the negatives & positives after 3.5 yrs.

Some Negatives: Everything cost more Oil Changes, Brakes, Tires which I just purchased 6 new Michelin's for $1600.00 Ouch. Also I never had to deal with the DOT with the Van.

Some Positives: Easier to work out of, Great Manufactures support, Unbelievable results even with Environmental products, Very Fast Dry Times, A True Heavy Duty Commercial Truck designed for a PTO Mount, Lots of cargo space etc...etc...etc.....

But all in all the Big Bear Truck has been one of the most positive things for our business in the last few years.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
First, its HOT!

Second, I need to make a penny first in TX, than I'll talk.
Right now I make the $ in CA and waste it in TX.

Besides that, I love the country side.
We are in the Hill country- It's beautiful. We have a nice parcel of land, flowers, wildlife (yes including rattlers) horse, dogs, cats.

Kids classes are 15 or so per class (as opposed to the 35 per class in the Bay Area.) People are very polite and I am probably the only Jew in the county.
What do I have to complain about?

Mikey P

Administrator
Sounds good to me.

What brought you out there anyways?

and why are you the only Californian that has never contacted me personally.?

Just curious.
Kinda weird.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
in fact he was one of the first "bailout" types.....but did it the right way

1979 Auto Bailout

Realizing that the company would go out of business if it did not receive a significant amount of money to turn the company around, Iacocca approached the United States Congress in 1979 and asked for a loan guarantee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Iacocca

and he was a ford man...never bowtie

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
no way

2 units in 1 truck?
how bout the truck breaks down?
well?

still dead in the water no way to make a living
i think i will keep 2 2500 extendeds

joe harper

Name
joe harper
handdi said:
no way

2 units in 1 truck?
how bout the truck breaks down?
well?

still dead in the water no way to make a living
i think i will keep 2 2500 extendeds

What about when the "ONE"..truckmount breaks down..???..
"We can just CRANK the other Unit-Up...and CARRY ON"... !gotcha!

How about doing the "WORK" of two vans..."Out of ONE truck"... :idea:

A...PTO unit is dEaD in the water when the Van goes down... :cry:

If your van "breaks down" on the jobsite..? Aren't you also "dead -in- the- water".?

ps. NevEr...Dead in the water..."If you have LiFe PresErVerS"..we have 3 more units.. !gotcha!

01-04-09_1608.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Now Harper all you need is to get Les to build you a reliable space saving PTO, and bamb! You could have three truckmounts in one truck.. Iseeru

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
harp i understand that
but can we agree to disgree?

make no sense for us at this time how is that.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
handdi said:
harp i understand that
but can we agree to disgree?

make no sense for us at this time how is that.

HELL NO..!!! "We can't disagree"...."wE iS..cOuSin"S".... :shock:

"I will just CHANGE my mInD"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

CaUsE...YUr Truck Is BiggEr ThaN MInE.... :!: :!: :!: 8)

Name
I'm Rick James
I thought with the new high flow technology and so on that the big truck is just lipstick now. Its great for bragging right and boosted egos but Harpers setup will do just as good and still be cheaper. IMHO.

Seems like the industry agrees because i dont see the big trucks anywhere close to being dominate, in fact I only know 2 people in the whole seattlle area that owns one. Besides ZeroRez.

Billy

Name
BH
brent said:
I thought with the new high flow technology and so on that the big truck is just lipstick now. Its great for bragging right and boosted egos but Harpers setup will do just as good and still be cheaper. IMHO.

Seems like the industry agrees because i dont see the big trucks anywhere close to being dominate, in fact I only know 2 people in the whole seattlle area that owns one. Besides ZeroRez.

Big Trucks will most likely never be dominate in our industry since they are double or almost double what a good van setup is. We use the Big Bear Truck for all it is worth Image, Performance, Marketing etc etc...This approach is neither good or even practical for all. The type of equipment one chooses is their choice & doesn't even say how good they are by itself.

We LOVE The Big Bear Truck & anything less will have to be The Little Bear Truck at this point. Not sure how much I loved it a few days ago when I had to buy 6 new tires though LOL

There is also another thing about Big Trucks I was told by a former friend more than once you can't understand what a Big Truck is & does for you til you actually own one. I didn't understand this until we started using the Big Bear Truck 3.5 years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom