Is there a remedy for dimples?

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I had an appartment (I really don't like doing them) for a favor for someone.

Their landlord came over telling me it wasn't clean because of the dimples left in the carpeting. And then went on to tell me his rug doctor did a better job....etc. He stood there wanting an explantation.

I told him the work was free. It was also clean.. I walked to the truck and dumped a gallon of slop and told him that what he seen was in his carpet.

He mumbled walking away that his rug doctor doesn't do that.

Anyhow, what's the key to removing them?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Its an indentation in the backing itself. Steaming($40 black and decker one), suction, and grooming can add improvement, but depending on severity a lot of times its permanent.

XCC

I've pulled up carpets that have dimpled from sofas sitting in the same spot for years and the rebond pad was crushed flat and stuck to the floor! No machine, not even this know-it-all's weak and feeble Rug Doctor can remove crushed padding.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I had an old school customer pull out a butter knife one time. It worked half way decent... But I wouldn't recommend it.

Here's a question for the highly trained, experienced dudes out there.

if you have a dimple or 50 in a carpet from heavy furniture AND you're able to pull, steam, grab, swirl :roll: them out.... Wouldn't it create bubbles or ripples in the carpet?

That extra length has to go somewhere and I don't think it's going back to the tack strip on it's own.

Anyone?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
no.. often times the heat will just relax the fibers and backing to its orginal state. but if its severely disformed and all over the place, it can sometimes require a restretch and replacement of the pad to fix. However at that point the carpet is usually old enough its not worth doing. But we have done it.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I developed a process a couple of years ago. It removes the dimples 100% of the time.
Shoot me an email and I'll teach it to you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gregcole said:
I developed a process a couple of years ago. It removes the dimples 100% of the time.

Ancient Chinese secret huh?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian R said:
gregcole said:

Ancient Chinese secret huh?

LOL Definetly! just being selective about who i tell.
Haven't worked out a way to market it yet but WORKING ON IT! lol

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I cleaned a empty today that had the furniture sitting in the same place for the last 7 years.

New owner wanted them gone. Told her I would try my best.

Did the normal thing, vac, pre-spray, whittaker, 360i.

Damn, they came out.

The power of Judson my friend. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom