is this a good deal on a burnisher

cbcsi

Those machines are pretty good for burnishing VCT (not stone). I would call it a fair deal especially if shipping is included, if not you might not saving enough to make it worth while.

I can say that I've bought things from South Eastern Equip. before and they do stand behind what they sell. I once had a machine arrive with some damage from the shipping, and they overnighted me the parts to replace. It was awesome service. They said if I were'nt able to fix it they would have it picked up, brought back to them and they would send it back to me.

IMHO the dust control is a bit of a gimmick on a burnisher. On a contractor grade Blue star (tennant sub line) not dust control without the wheel on the front to be missalligned You can buy a bew one for well under a thousand, maybe under 900.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
it is an ok deal but i would look around some local pawn shops and see if i couldnt find a better one. as far as the dust control i believe it controls dust by not letting the wind created by the machine blow stuff from under shelves and behind stuff other than that it is not like a vaccuum.

TimP

I'm looking for stuff to do vct. I really need a 175 first. anyone know where I can find the best deal on a good one.

BTW shipping is included free with that.

cbcsi

When I started doing vct I bought a used 175 from a distributer that had gotten it from someone who had used it twenty years and insisted that he heard a noise. The repair man couldn't find a problem, so salesman let him trade in the buffer on a new one. I gave him $250 I think, but put many hours stripping and waxing with it. I still use it some for stripping. That model was a Kent, but an old Clark particularly the Floor Maintainer series is a hard machine to kill. If the motor runs, and the handle switch isn't kaput you can't go wrong with 100 to maybe 400. On the other hand $800-$900 on a new 175 is going to give you many years of use. It is kinda like a refrigerator. If it runs 20 years you only are spending 30 a year for a cheap one or 50 a year for a good one.

Just my opinion.

Fon Johnson

It looks to be the same as the Integrity Dust Control we had. I did not really like the machine.. vibrated like crazy. The dust control on it is passive, not active. It uses the suction built up within the skirt to blow dust into the filter. I worked so-so as far as dust control. If you have no equipment, you NEED to start with a good 175. You can find good deals on used machines. Check suppliers, southeast, bigger companies selling stuff off, and pawn shops. You cannot scrub and strip with a high speed..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom