Is this an OK upholstery tool?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
danielc said:
I have never seen a haitian cotton piece either. I have seen some white linnens that were a pita.

Just use the tool I mentioned as it comes stock. It will work just fine. The enclosed spray may overspray with the lips. The internal spray would be better for the lips.

Mikey is right though. The enclosed tool will work great for small to medium jobs, but if you have to clean 50 chairs etc you are going to want a saphire type tool as your arm will fall off. Really you need both tools, but just starting out the enclosed spray tool will clean deeper and do just fine.

I personally never got the fascination with the prochem tool. There is nothing special about it. It oversprays like no other.

I did want to demo the hydry type tool, but have yet to. I would love to try one with lips (continuous flow would be icing on the cake). You could go forward and back, easy glide, great heat, and fast dry. Am I wrong?

Yes, I'll probably start with the tool stock. The longer this thread goes on the more there is to think about. I'm loving this thread but I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.But weighing everything out so far, I think I'll go with the PMF 3 1/2" because someone told me that with the 4 1/4 you just can't always get into the tight spaces. I'm not sure if I'll be doing 50 chairs anytime soon but if I get a gig like that, I'll figure out how to get a Sapphire tool ahead of time.
But one thing I still have questions about is the continuous flow thing. Is that some type of valve that I install instead of the lever valve or is it a valve that goes in additionally? There was also another type that was mentioned... some type of soft valve? I called LPM and they had never heard of such a valve. Where could i get something like that?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The soft touch valve is a westpak valve for wands. All upholstery tool valves are easy to trigger. Most tools are not continuous flow. The only one as far as I know that is continuous flow is the Drimaster.

T

The Magician

Even tho it cheap its a pos. Used 1 for 3 weeks and send it back. Mikeys right carpal tunnel using that that tool.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
kolfer1 said:
Art, still don't get that throwing the tool as hard as possible on the driveway thingie.
I thought that we were all trying to treat our tools in a civilized respectful manner :oops:

The point there is if you drop and break a plastic tool, which I think I read someone did with their Sapphire tool, it is toast. My stainless PmF has been dropped hard many times and even flew out the back of my van and bounced on the pavement this summer. Just some scratches. Even if it broke, it was $79. Not $500.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
gimmeagig said:
[But one thing I still have questions about is the continuous flow thing. Is that some type of valve that I install instead of the lever valve or is it a valve that goes in additionally?

I just take the lever off the valve, unscrew the cap holding the valve stem, throw those things away, and put a 1/4" brass plug from the hardware store where the cap went. Water flows through the nozzle non-stop then. You need to control the flow with a ball valve.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Art Kelley said:
danielc said:
[Wait a minute.

An internal jet tool with lips would be great.

Seems like a winner to me.

I just wrote about it earlier in this thread. You take the trigger and the guts out of the wand valve and thread in a 1/4" plug and it becomes continous flow. You can adjust the water flow with your ball valve on the solution line.

Ok I got it, sorry I overlooked it.Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom