Is this bait and switch

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
If I put on my website or on my post cards two rooms $69.99 up to 180 square . Is that considered bait and switch if the customer has more than 180 square feet when I get to the home?

Neil

No because it's in the ad so there's no switch. 180 sq/ft seems small for 2 rooms though, I would probably bump it to 250ish.

S

sam miller

No Bait and switch is advertising $69.95 for a 180 sq ft and when thay say here is a 180 sq ft clean it and You refuse saying I need $99.95
Advertising something You never intend to do? even a coupon for $16.95 for 2 rooms isnt bait and switch if You actually do it for that price!

Its disengenous especially if You upsell with out warning!

Its called a lost leader in advertising! Automobile ads are full of lost leaders where they advertise 1 car for a great deal to get traffic into the dealership. It would be bait and switch if they bever sold a car for the deal price!

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys remember I am in NYC Square footage is very small here. most rooms are small, plus im only measuring the areas I clean

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not bait n switch...But if you're hiding the text too much then it can be close.

Smaller text is fine.....Just not so you need a magnifying glass to read it. :lol:

You absolutely have to put sqft limits on coupon ads or people will knock down walls just to get the best deal carpet cleaning. :shock:

Everyone is a sqft cleaner.....Just some word it differently.

Remember...People read what they want to read.....I still come into places and they say "900 sqft of carpet cleaning right?"

NO, it's 3 rooms UP TO 900 sqft of carpet

Funny how that works.

Name
Ron lippold
why not just go by and give them a free estimate, you would be supprised how much more you will pick up.. dont give your price away, its all we have....

Ron K

Brian R said:

Wrong Brian we are all hourly, unless you really do live in another world of Bonnets and Lolypops.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
As long as the limitation is in the font and text of the offer (not added in tiny print at the bottom) I would not consider it B&S, however you might want to clarify whether you are referring to total room sq. footage, or cleanable areas (unless you move all furniture) as a customer could protest that there was less than 180 sf cleaned. You may want to add that additional s/f is billed at the rate of $$ per s/f.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron K said:
[quote="Brian R":22evwn1w]

Wrong Brian we are all hourly, unless you really do live in another world of Bonnets and Lolypops.[/quote:22evwn1w]

Time is money...I agree

But sqft will generally dictate time, expense and income.

Try charging and hourly rate for carpet cleaning in your ads. :roll:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
don't have the time to look at every job, i know the neighborhoods and the models. saves me loads of time , which is money.

gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
sam miller said:
No Bait and switch is advertising $69.95 for a 180 sq ft and when thay say here is a 180 sq ft clean it and You refuse saying I need $99.95
Advertising something You never intend to do? even a coupon for $16.95 for 2 rooms isnt bait and switch if You actually do it for that price!

Its called a lost leader in advertising! Automobile ads are full of lost leaders where they advertise 1 car for a great deal to get traffic into the dealership. It would be bait and switch if they bever sold a car for the deal price!

LOSS leader

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
sam miller said:

You have to warn a client before you can offer them other services they may need?

?????????

Do they warn you at the restaurant before the waitress asks if you would want a drink or desert?

Sounds like you may be suffering from salesfobia.

S

sam miller

Lee Stockwell said:
[quote="sam miller":eek:bl8cy1p]No Bait and switch is advertising $69.95 for a 180 sq ft and when thay say here is a 180 sq ft clean it and You refuse saying I need $99.95

LOSS leader[/quote:eek:bl8cy1p]

TY thats what I meant

S

sam miller

Royal Man said:
[quote="sam miller":hojkgs6f]No Bait and switch is advertising $69.95 for a 180 sq ft and when thay say here is a 180 sq ft clean it and You refuse saying I need $99.95

You have to warn a client before you can offer them other services they may need?

?????????

Not talking about add ons talking about carpet cleaning like $39.95 for 2 rooms then show up and say its gonna be ex amount more without imforming the customer there was a potential for more costs.

I would say if I did business this way that the advertised price covers X in these conditions Y costs more and then when You show up they're expecting it.

To not warn and just show up and offer extras will create problems if thats Your business model.

I charge $30 per room and tell people pet stains and odor control costs more they expect it before I get there.
Do they warn you at the restaurant before the waitress asks if you would want a drink or desert?

Sounds like you may be suffering from salesfobia.[/quote:hojkgs6f]

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Ever have the customer do the bait-b-switch? "I only have a few bad spots. It's a very small house, really. I don't want much furniture moved. Can you just clean this one small rug for me?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rhino1 said:
Ever have the customer do the bait-b-switch? "I only have a few bad spots. It's a very small house, really. I don't want much furniture moved. Can you just clean this one small rug for me?

I got the shakes when I read that.

Funny how people can be sometimes.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Geez..you guys need to get hip. How politically incorrect can you be? There's no such thing as Bait and Switch anymore. It's called "Cafeteria Pricing"....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From the title.

I thought this thread was tips about changing hands in the middle of pleasuring oneself.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ed said:
Geez..you guys need to get hip. How politically incorrect can you be? There's no such thing as Bait and Switch anymore. It's called "Cafeteria Pricing"....

I am proud of you! you are embrassing the "new World" LMAO shiteatinggrin :p

Connor

Name
Connor
Lee Stockwell said:
[quote="Royal Man":2izest25]From the title.

I thought this thread was tips about changing hands in the middle of pleasuring oneself.

...and thus you looked?[/quote:2izest25]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom