Is this real money?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
hu3aryqa.jpg

Looked weird. Some guy tried buying a portable from me just now with bills that look like this. I wouldn't accept it.

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It even feels different....

I guess I just don't carry a lot of cash.

The Clean Machine

Becker

Name
Becker
You took a pic and posted it here rather than a quick search for new currency.

Look legit ti me. I've revived and passed many if the new funky bills. Well. They have been out fir months.

Reactions: Cleantechsk
F

FB7777

Why didn't you just go to a local bank with the guy and verify the currency, or any store for that matter?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's 7 PM here. Only store in town is a Dollar General. Maybe I should have brought it there.

The Clean Machine

F

FB7777

Oh stfu Rainman, at least Russ comprehends when he may have made a mistake

You, on the other hand

Reactions: Russ T.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Geez Russ, I live in Canuckistan and I've already got one of those babies from a customer who couldn't find her chequebook. All our bills are made of high tech plastic now.

You need to raise your prices........:winky:

Reactions: Russ T.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The big deal with those bills is that the collectors were looking for the low serial numbers because they started them at # 00000001. If you happen to find a very low serial number hold on to it.

The new big deal from the US mint is the new 50 cent legal tender coint that the mint is selling for $5. What a deal!

Last edited:
I only see bills with Washington or Lincoln. 90% of mine is check or credit card. When I'm at the bank, I take out a little folding money, but I'm the kind of guy who will pay for a $5 lunch with a credit card. Some gas stations give a 2-3¢ cash discount, but the cheapest one in town doesn't.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think they are cool and ver much like how they feel new.

Here is front and back.
ffaec305b4c89bd49b837bfadaf79f3c.jpg

A few of the security features

Hold it up to the light and you should see Benjamin franklins face water marked on the right side of the bill.
5fdb0d42d8337a89368fb32c8fed0057.jpg

The blue ribbon that makes it look fake is actually the coolest feature in my opinion as the 100s and bells move when you tilt the bill in different angles.
d06078b1cd1c404c61114e09511630f3.jpg

Again hold up to the light and to the left the 100 USA strip will be visible.
bf07c7477da20ed7a5ffd15d51f1ea38.jpg

Just a few cool things about the new benjys.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmdry and Russ T.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
This got me to laughing and reminded me of the time when I was 9 or so I had a case knife that I wanted to sell for $9, so a manager of this restaurant handed me 9 Liberty silver dollars and I wouldn't sell it to him because I thought he was trying to cheat me!

steve_64

I only see bills with Washington or Lincoln. 90% of mine is check or credit card. When I'm at the bank, I take out a little folding money, but I'm the kind of guy who will pay for a $5 lunch with a credit card. Some gas stations give a 2-3¢ cash discount, but the cheapest one in town doesn't.

many businesses around here wont accept credit cards. locally owned and operated anyway. money is tight for everyone and prices are at a low already. credit card companies want a percentage of the transaction as most people know so cash is king. well that and bridge cards(aka welfare).

i thought it was going to be a picture of bit coins lol

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Russ,

It was a $100 bill buddy! Call the guy back NOW if ya wanna sell it. Heck give him the gas money off for returning, play dumb dude : )

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think he was going to scam me. I sent him a couple text messages and called him a couple times too and he never got back to me.

Felt funny.

The Clean Machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom