Is this Safe?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've been using Kleenrite heaters for quite a while now. Dropped my flow a bit with new jets, but the trade off was higher impact and I could do a 15 foot row of cleaning before the heat dropped.Good heat, only problem is the disc thermostats go every year or so. I recently replaced all 4 (2 at 190, 2 at 210 ) to 2 sets at 240. It's been a week with no problems and screaming heat at 35 to 50 away from the heater. Is this gonna blow up on me?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Willy ....are all the components of a BOMB in close proximity

combustable material
oxygen
source of ignition

well there ya go!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
you'll probably just blow a fuse. i don't know the heater but as long as the outside isn't getting hot i wouldn't worry it will work it's self out.

gene

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Personally, after consulting both my trusted mechanical/electrical dictionary and my very limited practical intelligence, I came to the conclusion:

It is very dangerous.

Prove us wrong, willy :p

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I dunno Ofer - It sure gives me a good blast of screaming hot. Wand tube hot.But I must admit with 4 cords powering up, I never want an electrical surge.

here's what I'm talking about.

http://www.***************/kleenrite-he ... -3476.html

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
54.....????

how are you getting 54 amps out of 2..... 15/20 amp separate outlets......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Buy a TM Willy! :p

Seriously you know the deal something that isn't supposed to happen, happens and before you know it..........you better have great liability insurnace. :shock:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jim Martin said:
54.....????

2 more plugs with the extractor.
Beldar Conehead said:

Seriously you know the deal something that isn't supposed to happen, happens and before you know it..........you better have great liability insurnace. :shock:

How much fookin good is a TM here? :shock: If you wanna do those set ups.....

DSC_2639.jpg

ccing013.jpg

Vancouver20Aerial.jpg

Ron K

I'd Move or keep a really good fire extinguisher close,not in your truck!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
As long as your not over loading each circuit or producing enough heat to cause failure in your heater, you should be fine. If you can check the heat and current load on all of the actual chords running into the heater and the actual extracter while its in use... if they aren't heating up during usage or going over the 12 to 15 amp range, and the unit isn't having problems with heat itself I'd say your golden. but maybe wire a gfi power distro box to bring your seperate circuits into so if you do start having a surge it will break the connection lickity split

But just in case :

make a box of this stuff
http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/356124/enlarge

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
OP Willy.... Go to the light!

It's easier to get the carpet cleaner than a porty any day of the week.

You hack! :p

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
OP Willy.... Go to the light!

It's easier to get the carpet cleaner than a porty any day of the week.

You hack! :p

I'd like to see a decent porty go head to head with an OP. Then do a real cost comparison including washing and drying the pads.

M9F perhaps.

Even I might come to that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sounds like a plan

I'll call John G.

I think the washing of the pads is equal to or lesser than the bucket brigade (time, effort, chems, cost etc)

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Sounds like a plan

I'll call John G.

I think the washing of the pads is equal to or lesser than the bucket brigade (time, effort, chems, cost etc)

Direct faucet connection and APO "trumps" any bucket brigade. :mrgreen:

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
PITA either way.

Have you done it Connor?

I have an old 1/2 hp ccs op and have seen both the bucket brigade and the apo/direct faucet connection. I don't believe the op to be less work/cost less than a good porty with convenience features . Nor do I think it's as good of a job,but that's why I say a contest with up to date equipment.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor.... I've never used the OP that you have... But the Orbot makes a HUGE difference ... the Trinity is even more huge of a difference.

I porty'd for year straight, I've OPed the last year.

OP is easier, more aggressive, better results in a shorter amount of time, Leaves the carpet drier... and the chems are better for the encap properties etc.

Why do you think guys scrub first when needed? With OP, the scrub is in the process along with the extraction.... That's right I said "extraction". :x :lol:

I will say that with Procyon, the porty jobs did turn out pretty awesome.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Connor.... I've never used the OP that you have... But the Orbot makes a HUGE difference ... the Trinity is even more huge of a difference.

I porty'd for year straight, I've OPed the last year.

OP is easier, more aggressive, better results in a shorter amount of time, Leaves the carpet drier... and the chems are better for the encap properties etc.

Why do you think guys scrub first when needed? With OP, the scrub is in the process along with the extraction.... That's right I said "extraction". :x :lol:

I will say that with Procyon, the porty jobs did turn out pretty awesome.

Geez, Brian, I know wth OP is and what it does and could only imagine how much the newer machines are mo' better, but can you stop trying to sell something for the sake of selling. I've heard it all from G before and no matter how you slice it, a damp whirly towel is not extraction.

For the sake of argument...

...and then you gotta wash the pads and dry them and how do you wash them....HWE with more chems, energy and water!

Surely, you'll say "Tis nothing but a stitch in time to casually toss a bucket of cloth into ye olde washing machine, and only a moment to run them through yon dryer", but time is money and so is water, tide and the 'lectric, even if it is deregulated and you get a nickel back. !gotcha! Let's not forget replacing worn pads.

I wish there were objective folks in similar markets who could give an objective comparison. You wouldn't work, Brian, cos you only do "as many jobs as you want to" and are not as focused on CCing as a more down to earth person who runs a full time business is.

Since you mentioned it, with the "huge" difference between the Trinity and the Orbot, why haven't you bought a Trinity yet?

Brian, What kinda porty did you use, heat, any rotary tools?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ugh,

No drying

The microfiber pads last a long time and really you could just wring them out in a bucket.

This last year or so I did a bunch of living social, groupons etc.... I did about 3 jobs a day 7 days a week....That's when I decided not to do as many any more.

I almost bought a Trinity...But why? I'm not cleaning anymore on a regualar basis and the Orbot works just fine.

A more serious cleaner would benefit to get the Trinity.

I used a Ninja, no onboard heater, regular 2 jet wand of some sort.

At the point of the super awesome porty, you might as well get a TM....High Rises excluded.

PS. I don't make any money from Orbot or Trinity sales. If I like a product or service, I tell Mikey's Board about it.

Whether I make money on the deal or not.... I like to give good info.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
ugh,

No drying

The microfiber pads last a long time and really you could just wring them out in a bucket.

This last year or so I did a bunch of living social, groupons etc.... I did about 3 jobs a day 7 days a week....That's when I decided not to do as many any more.

I almost bought a Trinity...But why? I'm not cleaning anymore on a regualar basis and the Orbot works just fine.

A more serious cleaner would benefit to get the Trinity.

I used a Ninja, no onboard heater, regular 2 jet wand of some sort.

At the point of the super awesome porty, you might as well get a TM....High Rises excluded.

PS. I don't make any money from Orbot or Trinity sales. If I like a product or service, I tell Mikey's Board about it.

Whether I make money on the deal or not
.... I like to give good info.

Really, Brian?

Ya know, when you say stuff like "Whether I make money on the deal or not.... " it kinda sounds a little... Massengill-ish.

You're not the only person of benevolent advice. Guys like Lee Stockwell (and a host of others) has been giving good advice without any commission for the last eight years I've encountered him on the boards, that's what makes this little community work. Sure, some guys sell CCing stuff along with their free advice, but jeez, it's not necessary to say " and I ain't makin' a dime off of telling you this!" just because you gave your opinion, bro.

Back on topic.

There are maintenance and operational cost downsides to the TM. If you doubled the cost Art Kelly has in equipment for his current 'lectric boogaloo you're still a mile away from the lowest entry truckmount.

There is certainly a positive shift to the electric technology that's increasing in CCing. I think it was Brevik who started this surge and it's only going to get better.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You two need to get your own room...almost every thread that one of you post in....gets derailed with you two going at each other.....

Poor willy is about to burn down half his town.....help the man out before he has armageden...and bitch slap each other in PMs......

Connor

Name
Connor
Jim Martin said:
You two need to get your own room...almost every thread that one of you post in....gets derailed with you two going at each other.....

Poor willy is about to burn down half his town.....help the man out before he has armageden...and bitch slap each other in PMs......

I didn't derail, I merely made a suggestion with a request, politely corrected Brian, and brought it back on topic. shiteatinggrin

All I can say to Willy is that if the lights flicker when he triggers his wand, then it's probably going to end badly.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Willy P said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1iv5tnsy]54.....????
2 more plugs with the extractor.
Beldar Conehead said:
How much fookin good is a TM here? :shock: If you wanna do those set ups.....

DSC_2639.jpg
[/quote:1iv5tnsy]

I'd say, time to work on your verbal skills Willy.
Here is how it goes:
Choice 1: You can find more plugs, more vacuums, 3" hoses and even more outlets till: POOFFFF!!! goes the neighborhood.
or Dear Willy the secret weapon:
Choice 2: Improved verbal skills.

Same old portable, same old wand and personality, yet new outfit and........beaming with self confidence and well equipped with psychological cleaning ability. Surly it it will more than compensate for the lack of cleaning results.

We are talking certain nifty words here, Willy. A different music to your step and a naughty light in the eyes.

Kinda like Brian in reverse. Only this time with the skills to back it up :p :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom