Issue with Bentley Wand (Need some Advise)

Joe Couch

I recently purchased a Bently Swivel head wand and have 2 issues. I did contact Mytee (twice) and they have not given me a answer yet so I thought I would ask here.

1. The stainless glide where it mounts to the cleaning head is sucking air between the glide and head causing alot of debris to get lodged between the two.

2. The swivel head itself seems to get hung up in one direction when swiveling it to the right side. Is there a grease that is supposed to be between the head and shaft or a spray like wd40?

Thanks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Joe Couch said:
1. The stainless glide where it mounts to the cleaning head is sucking air between the glide and head causing alot of debris to get lodged between the two.

seal it with Marine Goop (specific brand) or silicone

2. The swivel head itself seems to get hung up in one direction when swiveling it to the right side. Is there a grease that is supposed to be between the head and shaft or a spray like wd40?

unscrew it, clean it up and apply anti seize compound to the threads

http://www.neverseezproducts.com/antiseize.htm

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had the same problem with a NSS PIG vacuum with a swivel head wand.

Just sprayed some silicon spray on it from time to time, maybe like everyday.

The problem with the swivel is that they become worn and will flop around.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Mine only swivels by screwing and unscrewing the threads. The part thats supposed to swivel jammed up and i cant break it free. And yes the threaded part is sloppy. Im wondering if i soak it in something it will break free.

Yes put the antisieze on it or you will end up like mine.

The wand cleans great and being able to clean under beds etc. is awesome but the fit and finish is ah.... well it cleans great.

Name
John LaBarbera
Joe Couch said:
I recently purchased a Bently Swivel head wand and have 2 issues. I did contact Mytee (twice) and they have not given me a answer yet so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks.

Can you tell me who you talked to at Mytee? PM me you phone #. Monday I'll have CS contact you and take care of this.

John

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
As Larry Cap. mentioned,

the GOOP will keep the stainless glide from leaking at the ends

(just like on Teflon glides).

The swivel should not be turning on the threads.

Lubricate the swivel and check to see if it turns easily.

If it does, then all you need to do is use the GOOP or Lock-tite on the threads to lock them in place.

Who did you buy the Bentley from ?

Larry

Joe Couch

Thanks for the replies. I did not get the names of the people I talked to at Mytee but he did take my info and said he would pass it on. Larry, I bought he wand from you. I did call and talk to a guy at your company but he was unable to answer my two questions. I appreciate you and Mytee checking out my thread to see what you can do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom