issues making reviews on google.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So I had a custy really happy with my work....well let me rewind...

this guy found me via the web, but commented how i had no reviews....but went with me anyway...

VERY impressed with the work....and went to leave a review, based on my link to him for it (so maybe this is wrong i dunno)

Anyway said it was a bitch to leave the review so he didnt.....

any other custys say this???? maybe thats why i dont have any.....here is the link...https://plus.google.com/108541008880317971345/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

has google fooked this thing up with wanting people to go to their + thing???

FredC

Village Idiot
as long as they have a google+ account already....mostly easy

googles way of you using you to promote + ...

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
They are pushing everything/everybody towards Ppc or something similar. We lose 1-2 reviews every month or so and my very best client (in BNI) that has 150 higher quality rentals has tried to leave a review twice and can't seem to get it to stick. I think places will eventually dwindle to nothing and that's a shame cuz thanks to FC we have done exceptionally well with places.

Name
Ron lippold
I'm having the same problem people just can't seem to figure it out, they are sending me e mails for reviews. Sucks not getting them on google places, I love that place.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sooo how then do we let google know this???

or rather, that not everyone wants to be part of your "circle".....much like not everyone wants to be part of MSN stuff....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Google sucks for client reviews.

Too bad they are the big bully in the room.

They "lost" 30 or more of my reviews. Now new reviews drop off after a couple of days.

Although many new reviews never are even seen although they are seen by the client.

Now Google is going to all product searches to being paid.

Google Shopping is the new player.

It is being launced to be in place before the christmas shopping season.

The free ride for product searches is over.

Google shopping is designed to go head to head with Amazon.com.

I wonder how soon it will be before Google considers carpet cleaning and other services to be products and eliminate free searches for all business categories and turn all business related searches into a bidding war?

Glimmer of what is to come?

You bet. Google just needs to hit the button.

More info on this:
http://searchengineland.com/google-...-google-shopping-use-pay-to-play-model-122959

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Doug,

I think Fred is laughing because Google could care less. To win with Google you're better off playing their game. Plus is their way of competing with forms of social media, and since they make the rules you have to abide by them to win. Frustrating, yep, always changing, you bet.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Your Google Places needs to be on Google Plus now, if you don't have it setup yet. You need to create a google + profile (go to your google places profile you'll see the tab for it up top). Once you create your profile, it'll than ask for a phone #/address than try to link your current google places business to your profile. It's a bit confusing but there a few tutorials online on how to do it. As said above, your clients need to have a Google + account as well.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Its difficult enough to get customers to even leave a review but we've had several that tried using Google plus and they never showed up.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Yep! They have made it so hard to do that most don't want t do it anymore. I make 1 do it every month or so. Now without the stars the places don't pop anymore either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom