Issues with cobb carpet

Brad_Smith

Does anybody have the horrible luck that I have with this company. I have not ordered that much from them yet have had many errors. They always fix the problems, but now when I order I have to make sure they get the credit card so that my order goes out (once they didn't get my credit card number and did not let me know, so I call a few days after my order should be here and the guy tells me he needs my number).

They have sent me the wrong hose and then charged me for the new until I return the hose I did not even order. Now they double charge my credit card (I think for the second time).

Yes they do make it right, but the time resolving issues pisses me off. Hopefully I'm the only one with bad "luck". And yes I'm venting, that's what this board is for.

Brad

P.S. I order form jondon (a company many times larger than larry's who claims he doesn't have online ordering because telephone ordering gives better service) and while they aren't the goto place for CC knowledge they make getting my shit easy.

P.S. X2 It sucks that I can't order cobb's cheap solvent protector now. Anyone know of a good place to get affordable solvent protector?

Name
Jesse
I love online ordering, Cobb's loyalty to his salesmans commission hurts his business more than I think he gives credit.

I have gotten the wrong product from them before also, lucky for them I just keep it and re-order what I ordered the first time. It's kinda like ordering from India, you just have to repeat yourself and then be rude to the salesman and make him repeat himself.

All in all they are a good supply company by cc supplier standards, it just could be better.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I just ordered for the first time and got the wrong pump. I needed a fresh water transfer pump for a TM and got a 115 Volt pump. They called back today and are going to take care of it. I would love to give all my business to a small guy I actually like but, this is the kind of thing that keeps me going back to Jon-Don.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I looked this up in Yahoo Answers and this is what I found:

Why is there so many dumb people in Texas?
I say we let them become independent. They never wanted to be annexed anyway.

By Jimbo
2 years ago

by Sulli (Vato Loco) Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Texans in general are very proud of their history and their heritage. They are also very proud to be a part of the US. I doubt they majority want to leave the union.

You can call them anything you want, but you need to undersand that there are dumb people everywhere.

Are you one who thinks all Texans where big hats and drive cadillacs too?
2 years ago
100% 1 Vote

Other Answers (9) Show: All Answers Oldest to Newest Newest to Oldest Rated Highest to Lowest
by texaslib... Member since:
July 31, 2008
Total points:
3733 (Level 4)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

As a proud resident of Texas, and a 4th generation Texan, I can tell you we wonder the same thing about Yankees. Over and over we watch you people call us dumb, then we watch you come with your hat in hand asking us to fix your mistake. Yankees love to make fun of rednecks, until their car breaks down, then it's "please mister redneck sir, fix my car". I especially love how the yankees refuse to acknowledge that Texas is the home for so much cutting edge research in cancer, stem cells, biological, micro and nano technologies, and much more.

We have cutting edge technologies with computers, and more doctorate graduates per ca pita then the entire New England area. Texas also has more acclaimed doctorate universities per ca pita then any other state.

Next time you stand up and say something stupid, and you don't get your butt whooped, you can thank a Texan. Texas has more sons and daughters in the armed forces then any other state, and they are protecting your 1st amendment rights, and your right to be a moron.

I have traveled many New England state, and even traveled west, teaching my craft. It amuses me how there always seems to be that 1 person in every crowd that doesn't understand there is a reason that Texans act superior.

Source(s):
Common sense... you really ought to try it sometime.
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
1 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by Patrick G Member since:
November 12, 2007
Total points:
18343 (Level 6)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

Pretty easy asking that question protected behind your computer and separated by miles....

Come on down and take a poll in person. We would be happy to have you visit.

Based on the grammar and structure of your question I would suggest that you are not the right person to question anybody's intelligence.
2 years ago
0% 0 Votesswer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by al b sure Member since:
March 25, 2008
Total points:
317 (Level 2)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

Well considering that you chose a name like Jimbo for an on line name, that pretty much tells everyone in the USA that there are many Dumb people around the world. Not just in one area or state ok JIMBO ?!?!? DUH!!???!!! Like people say if you have nothing really good to say about anyone or anything then just keep you pie hole shut!!! ANd mind your own freaking business!! And I do believe I speak for everyone in this great nation and every other part of this planet ....
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
1 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by knightra... Member since:
May 05, 2008
Total points:
519 (Level 2)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

why don't you shut the hell up there's dumb people everywhere especially where you live id love it if you said that to my face in stead of talkin **** to people that can't hurt your ***
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
0 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by Heavy Metal Leftist Member since:
July 02, 2008
Total points:
1649 (Level 3)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

Jimbo, I am no fan of Texas, but you should really watch your verb agreement there. It's supposed to be "Why ARE there so many dumb people in Texas?"
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
2 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by Lord Mando Member since:
August 25, 2008
Total points:
32 (Level 1)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

You must be talking about the north part of Dallas- Fort Worth area. Glad I do not live there.
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
0 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by nileslad Member since:
June 03, 2007
Total points:
11569 (Level 6)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

Why "is" ???
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
2 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by fittofig... Member since:
June 18, 2008
Total points:
706 (Level 2)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

Because a lot of yankees move there.
2 years ago
0% 0 Votes
0 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse by Psychodelic Chicken Member since:
April 26, 2006
Total points:
6867 (Level 5)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

LMFAO...did you mean why ARE there....
2 years ago
is what I found:

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's been years since I did any business with Cobb's, but I did try to start using them. My experience was the same as yours and I just gave up trying.

starrett

Same concerns here. Credit on and returns on a messed up order is approaching 90 days. But then they got their money so why hurry?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The sales guy did a good job giving me a quote, emailed it to me, and followed up. I'm trying to decide which way to pursue, but with everyone having issues for a while now, that really worries me. Not sure why these issues have not yet been resolved?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I ordered some product, got one price on the phone and was charged another price on my credit card. I PM'd Larry about it and he had one of his salesman call me with a half hearted "I don't really care" explanation of why. So I just simply don't order from them anymore. I would rather support my local guy, after all, he cares about his customers.

And I wouldn't be surprised if this topic gets beat up by some on here. Cobb's prices went up after he bought a banner.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have ordered 2 times from them and they screwed everything up twice. The sales guys have never used a wand in their life and are completely clueless. If they say they will call you back you can guarantee they will NOT. I ordered a battery. they sent me a pump. I called every week for almost 2 months and each time they said they would get me a call tag to return the item. I thought I would have to drive to Texas to get them to do anything. Of course they charged me for the pump and wouldn't give me credit for their screw up until they got the pump back. So I called and called. I drove down to the UPS store and sent the dang thing back. About 3 months later I got a check for the screw up.

I ordered several chems at the same time. Most came but the rinse did not. I called, they said it should be there tomorrow, 3 days later I called and they had no clue where it was but that they would find out and call me the next day. No call. I waited for another week and called again. They said that UPS broke the package. (Why not call me and tell me that ) on and on and on............. I finally did get my stuff but what a joke.

I do love Cobbs Dynachem brighter. It is the best and at $11 bucks a gallon you can't beat it. That is the only thing I will order from them again. Unless some changes are made.

R

rotovacguy

Judging from the responses here, I'm convinced that Cobb's and Steambrite are run by the same people under different names!.... :p

What is it with those Texas disty's that just can't get it right?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I bought my bentley wand from them.. get this.............
I opened up the package and there was hair on the wand! IT had been used! I called and they said they didnt have any more left, so they shipped me the demo.......... They said they would credit me back like 75 bucks on my card, guess what I never saw that 75 bucks.

T

The Magician

Usually the parts person on the phone doesn't have much knowlege of their parts.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
WTF, Cobbs makes great chemicals, quality truckmounts and can’t take a sale order? I guess it’s like someone said the other day: quality, price, service. You only get two out of three.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cobbs pre spray is the only one that I use...I have only had a few problems....I just learned to order when I am about 1/2 empty in case I run into a problem.....Been caught empty handed a few times so now I just stay ahead of the game........

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I ordered a wand a few years ago, wand broke and had to return it. Kind of the same stuff happened but it was made good.

I bought some op pads, no problems

I bought some diamond floor pads. The receipt didn't match the charge slip. No big deal, I was charged the correct price. I asked Larry for a new receipt in a private message and never got response.

Nothing against Larry's company but I am to the point that I only trust a few people online anymore.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have ordered from Cobbs probably about a dozen or so times. Mostly chemicals but also a blower filter, some spotter bottles and a few misc. things and I have NOT had a single issue yet. Everything has been correct, on time and a good price.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I appreciate the input.

All I can say is ...
that we are trying to provide the best service possible.

We are not there yet, but we have been training account reps on a regular basis.

I think the account reps we have now, have a good understanding of the cleaning process.

Some of these issues were parts ordered,
where there was not a clear understanding of the exact part needed.

I am here every day, if technical help is needed.

Larry

Thanks Jim for your response.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have been ordering from cobb for 3 years and have had maybe 2 problems..
no one is 100% perfect..you have to cut some slack. figure if they are 95% problem
free and 5% problem on that is not too bad..even though we all try for perfection
it is not possible. it is important that the problems get fixed pretty fast and larry is informed
of the problems so he can work on them.
i us ed when i do my ordering and have been fine.
and you cant beat the powermax and the dye stain remover..it rocks
dave

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I love Larry's powermax, we order it by 400lb drums all the time. But a couple of time my order didnt ship and I've had to call to reorder. I'm not posting to bash but Larry needs to know if theres a problem so he can fix it.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've ordered from them a handful of times. Not really any problems. Jerry I think is his name is the one that seems to always take my order.

Maybe Larry should just give us a one time 50% discount to make it right shiteatinggrin

J/K Larry.

Albert

Name
Nate W.
I've ordered a few things from Cobb's. The sales rep said they'd call back the next day with the shipping price. They did call the next day. I ask them to reconfirm the order, (got some attitude about it) and they had 1 too many tiny tachs on the list. I said I only needed one, the guy argued abit saying I said 2 yesterday. I apologized for the misunderstanding. It doesn't matter who's fault it was, a simple "Oh ok, I'll get that changed for you" would have been sufficient.

After making me wrong and saying it'll only be 1 sent out. I still receive 2 and charged for it. A whopping $36.00. I'm not going to waste my time trying to send it back. I haven't ordered anything after that. Mostly due to no alternate method for shipping.

I think online ordering would be alot easier. If the orders wrong due to the customers side, the customer should pay for it. If it's wrong the company or person who filled the order should eat the costs associated with shipping back. On paper, you can't argue with it. Not this he said, she said crap.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I just want the free shipping on 2 plus pails again !gotcha!

This last time i guess i misunderstood, and thought he said it was free on over $200...So i bought a 3rd, yet had a $29 fee on there...i mean no biggy, but i may have just ordered 2 as, $29 is a 1/3 of the way

other then that, everythings been A-OK

Name
George Valliant
I've been doing biz with Cobb regularly about 18 months now.

Never had a problem.

Just as long as they keep those pails of PowerMax, Powder Brightner, and Cherry OdorSolv coming!!! shiteatinggrin

It would be nice if they could anticipate what I need and automatically ship it. Until then, I'm perfectly content calling Cobb and requesting Ed (ext 115) and placing my order. The dude is super cool and works Monday Wednesday Friday's.

Thanks for the killer product Larry!!!

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
If you want great online service I'd highly recommend John Olsen at Superior. I'm on the other side of the Pacific from him. A few emails, good advice, and my smallish order was here within 4 days I think (that's international... :shock: ) Hopefully I can bless John one day with some larger orders...
I've found that quite a few website contact forms either don't work, don't get read, or are just too much of a pain in the ass for big companies who don't like dicking around with small orders maybe.

CB

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I appreciate the input.

All I can say is ...
that we are trying to provide the best service possible.

We are not there yet, but we have been training account reps on a regular basis.

I think the account reps we have now, have a good understanding of the cleaning process.

Some of these issues were parts ordered,
where there was not a clear understanding of the exact part needed.

I am here every day, if technical help is needed.

Larry

Thanks Jim for your response.
excellent response Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
I order Cobb's carpet protector and grout sealer about every other month and always get it within a reasonable amount of time.

Not Olson fast but fast enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom