It says "No Burst" LOL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The real irony is these are the one's State Farm is giving out free to their insureds. :eekk:

They are wrongly assuming the wire braid is going to save them money. :errf:

Reminds me I should change mine out, they are around 5-years old. Its usually only the "hot" that pops.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Calling State farm in Monday to tell them I'll buy and provide those lines to them if I can attach my biz cards to them all :)

Reactions: GCCLee

J HARVEY

Name
J Harvey
Actually, State Farm is still giving out hoses, but not these. They give out good quality rubber hoses (not braded metal), and recommend changing out hoses whether regular or braded metal at least every 4-5 years. They have had engineers study all or the hoses available on the market and decided on the rubber ones they give out due to price and quality. The problem in the past with rubber hoses, was that washer hose manufacturers switched from a nylon reinforcement to polyester reinforcement (to save money)and after a few years they had many of the hoses burst. I think this manufacturing flaw has long been corrected, but who knows if still manufactured in China.

Connor

Name
Connor
The hose in the pic is a faucet supply connector, not a washing machine hose. But you are correct, the rubber hoses are better than the braided washing machine hoses, also they usually have a higher burst strength.

I'm a jerk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom