"It's been a real Pleasure"!

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
After near 48 years in this great Industry of ours, it has come time for me to retire and stand on the sidelines. This company which I worked so very hard to build and gain a great reputation over all, Cross-American Corporation was recently purchased by a European firm who will take very good care of it in Europe and in the United States as well. We have had the terrific privilege of selling all over the World and have come in contact with thousands of "friends and Operators" from from these same locations whom I will personally miss. Many quality people and professionals.

I must say that I have many, many fond memories going to various trade shows especially years back, way before these bulletin boards became popular and a great way of communication. I must admit over the past couple weeks, that it was difficult to see those trucks come in while we were loading all our stocks and molds bound for a new location and future. Broke my heart in a sense to witness first hand a bit of this Industry's history come to an end. However, the new owner firm will continue the success that we achieved over the years. What I feel very good about is that we built this business without any Financial Company/Bank having their hands in the business with the possibility of taking us over if we grew to big for our britches and were short on cash. We were very fortunate, and very solvent.

I waited on making this statement because I wasn't sure if it really mattered except to myself. However, I do wish all of you , truly, the very very best no matter if you were our friend(s) or foes.

I will leave you with something I have always kept in mind: Never forget, "Good things in Life do not come easy"--you have to work for it, and, "as hard as you might try, ( if you have more than a few customers) you will never satisfy everyone because they have other unrelated problems but need someone (like you) to blame."

That's life and that's reality.

Thanks, Mikey for such a great board and all your help and attention!

May God bless you all;
Ed Valentine

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Sir,the deepest respect for all you did for yourself,your family an your client...
You gave,never took like so many before an after you.
I may be out of business but from Spfld,Mass.
We salute you an as long as I live you are always welcome here...

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Congratulations Ed. I’ve enjoyed your perspective on our industry. Hope the next chapter of your life is good to you.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Wishing you all the best for your retirement Ed. Those boosters you sold us many years ago are still performing well when needed.
RoRo

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Congratulations Ed. May your next chapter be as fulfilling as this one you just closed.

Thanks once again for those supportive words 32 years ago on one of the worst days in my life.

Good fortune .....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Ive been to those Michigan beaches...

Aint no fn way I'm laying down on that erie nastyness
Anything Midwest before the Rockies is a shithole
Now now gentlemen. I can tell that neither of you have seen the great beaches that Michigan is know for!! Sure there are some crummy beaches but there a ton of beautiful ones as well!!

And with freshwater lakes, you don't have to shower to rinse off the salt when you get out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom