Administrator
How is your year going so far?

Up

Down?

Tied with last year?

If up what can you give credit to?

If down who or what is to blame?

If the same, why is that?

Dont be shy but dont send me copies of your tax returns either.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We are down, mainly because I pulled almost all marketing. It will cost me this year but from now on will be doing things differently in an effort to track where dollars are most effective.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Down 30K year to date, but that's actually deceiving because of one bad month. Actually one terrible, stinkin awful month! :cry:

We've been rockin and rolling the rest of the time, so there is still hope to salvage the year yet. :winky:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Down 30K year to date, but that's actually deceiving because of one bad month. Actually one terrible, stinkin awful month! :cry:

We've been rockin and rolling the rest of the time, so there is still hope to salvage the year yet. :winky:
So you come to Santa Cruz for a few days and everything went to pot?

Becker

Name
Becker
Sales for my main van are up. Ahead of the pace for the goal I set.
2nd van, well this is the 1st year. 1/4 for 1/4 better and better, however I should see sharp increases over Q3 and Q4.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
How is your year going so far?

First 2-3 months just the worst(polar vortex), really made thing tuff. You save enough during the summer to be "safe" during winter, but when winter lasts an EXTRA 2/3 months things get a little stressful. On the GREAT side:rockon: the last three months have been amazing. All double our previous high months. Busier than I could have ever imagined.

If up what can you give credit to?

Internet and my wonderful wife answering the phone/helping more.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I was down 5k in the first quarter due to the late spring. Summer didn't really start until the week before memorial Day. Been rockin ever since.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Definitely down a little bit.
Why? because i am an idiot!

Not too worry, monday on the 1st I'll get right to it...

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Our total revenue for the On-Location and Rug Care Divisions is down only a tiny bit over last year which is very surprising after the very severe winter we had. At he end of March we were WAY behind last year and even further behind budgeted numbers. I never expected the severe cold and record snowfall amounts we experienced the past winter.

We have changed the look and feel of our marketing to a more touchy/feely type of approach and it seems to be resonating with our target market. The sales in each of the last 3 months have been up over last year and are slowly eroding the losses we experienced the first 3 months of the year.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yous worker bees gave me a 3.4% increase in my social security again this year.....
thank you very much!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We are having a fantastic year so far.

We are up 32% year to date.

We are focusing on three core services with our highest margins.

It will be tuff to keep that pace. The winter freeze with water gave us a tremendous boost in January.

June was fantastic and July is looking to end strong. August was a hard month last year. Lowest grossing month. We have been gearing up to combat that.

We have not increased out spend for marketing just focused more.

The best is our net it is 300% over last year due to not having any large capital expenses.

Even though things look good I am already thinking about winter. Running 3-4 trucks residential and 1 commercial each day is going to be hard to maintain when the snow flies.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jerry

Supportive Member
Up about 25% so far, I have some really big( for me) commercial jobs that are booked to look forward to. I'm paying off as much personal and business debt as possible this year in the event next year is down. Can't quite put my finger on why I am so busy, havn't changed anything much in my marketing??

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm double where I was last year. Referrals have been great (thank you, all of you who have helped spread the word). Last May I quit my part-time gigs that helped supplement my income and went full time. Being able to concentrate on the business more helped a lot, including my stress level. The last three years I've done nothing but invest everything back into the business and paying off all of my personal debt and repairing my credit. I can now get lines of credit from banks, car loans, and credit cards without much trouble. Having credit has helped a lot to stretch some dollars.

I am almost done with college and when I'm finished I'll have a total of 2 degrees. I've managed to pay off school debt as I go so when I finish I'll only have about $2,400 in debt left when I'm done. I look for the next half of the year to be just as good. I have quite a few irons in the fire and bigger projects coming up. But I've systematized most everything so things are pretty fluid and did all the back work the last 3 years. I'll be adding a few services to complement the others that I do soon as well.

Al_Paulsen

110% over last year. Last year was a very good year also.
Had a large structure fire and a very large school WDR job. Those two were responsible for 30% of the increase. Feel pretty blessed with the good fortune.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gotta say well over 100% possibly reaching 2 or more if it keeps up.

Without Vinyl..... Straight word of mouth and Social Media!!

Business Cards by the boxes face to face and Magnets. I draw attention for some reason, lol

I so want to chat up area garage salers : )

steve_64

about even. started the year better than normal due to the cold temps and all the frozen pipes but my normally good months have just been so so.

with genny now in my life and the work weve been doing together cleaning (non carpet cleaning) things are way up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom