It's official

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
You could fit all kinds of broke down harleys in there! Just kidding. That is a sweet shop. I have a 2.5 car garage with tons of sq footage, but the roof is low and the garage doors are low so I cant fit my truck or trailer in it. Nice that yours has a big door.

yeah definitely cant fit my stepvan in my garage lol

Name
BradFenstermaker
Man that is gonna be a nice shop. You check the possibilities of rug washing water disposal?
Could build a fold down pit on the back wall.
Stack rugs and do them 1 day a week or month.

Mount a TV and Roku. Cigar/Pool room get away. Dart board.
Man I would put in bunk beds for you and the boys. No Mommy allowed weekends.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Man that is gonna be a nice shop. You check the possibilities of rug washing water disposal?
Could build a fold down pit on the back wall.
Stack rugs and do them 1 day a week or month.

Mount a TV and Roku. Cigar/Pool room get away. Dart board.
Man I would put in bunk beds for you and the boys. No Mommy allowed weekends.

bed is a great idea depending on how far a drive it is from home

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think you'll change that thought if he tells you

????

lta

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
That’s a great deal. Cheapest deal I found was a small office and a steel storage container for over $600 a month. That would be over a $1000 a month here. Thinking of doing a large tuff shed in my backyard.

Reactions: Nomad74

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Man I just got my WRT back in February. And my ASD this past week. I would like to lean towards another source of work that’ll make money and a good living. But I have no clue where to start. I’ve reached out to a few insurance companies to see where to begin.

I don’t want the growth or headache of having a huge company. I love to be a owner operator. But that’s not the case in restoration.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Make sure you check all carpet well. I would say use a moisture detector BUT there is so much wiring underneath I wouldn't.

Some of the padding has a vapor barrier and traps moisture. It's also a fiber that smells like it is a natural fiber and can give off odor.

I'd suggest you take up the rocker panel at the door to do your moisture inspection.

You don't want to be responsible for trapped moisture.

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Make sure you check all carpet well. I would say use a moisture detector BUT there is so much wiring underneath I wouldn't.

Some of the padding has a vapor barrier and traps moisture. It's also a fiber that smells like it is a natural fiber and can give off odor.

I'd suggest you take up the rocker panel at the door to do your moisture inspection.

You don't want to be responsible for trapped moisture.
I wait for it to dry on its own from the leak. Then I do a very light surface cleaning and then let the Hydroxyl Generator do the heavy lifting

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wait for it to dry on its own from the leak. Then I do a very light surface cleaning and then let the Hydroxyl Generator do the heavy lifting
Got it. Just watch your liability. You are treating airspace and not the source. If water gets down under that vapor barrier, removal is the only way to dry it. It becomes trapped and that is where the odor comes from.

If you are treating odor only, you are fine. If the treatment is to correct the problem, you are putting a bandaid on something that needs stitches.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Got it. Just watch your liability. You are treating airspace and not the source. If water gets down under that vapor barrier, removal is the only way to dry it. It becomes trapped and that is where the odor comes from.

If you are treating odor only, you are fine. If the treatment is to correct the problem, you are putting a bandaid on something that needs stitches.
There has only been one vehicle that was so bad that I had Safelite pull the seats and the carpet out. The others were chip shots that safelite was doing as a courtesy to the customers.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We do ozonation for several body shops. They are responsible for drying and cleaning the vehicles and we are just putting on the finishing touch for the odor. $150 per vehicle.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I know, right. After 30 yrs. I finally have one. Actually I have one for front and back. I fought a garage door for at least 10 of the 30 yrs. it’s amazing what gets us excited!
My wife got mad at me because I danced in that garage door video but I refuse to get on a dance floor with her. I told her if she would let me mount a remote on her I would dance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom