Mikey P

Administrator
Same job

Screenshot_20200330-195129.png

You F'n people can kiss my marty..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Well, I took the rug down and it still looks like shit. Really browned out. I used Prochem All Fiber rinse to rinse it but all the browning came back. I think today i'll soak it in white vinegar 50/50 mix and rinse it with that.
I'm charging $1.50 per sq foot for this only because its a crappy poly rug with lots of wear.

Being polyester, it can't get cellulosic browning, so you're wasting effort with acids. Soil and oil wicking are what you're dealing with, so a high alkaline/grease eater like a restaurant prespray would work better to loosen those brown stains.

Then you have to do a good job rinsing and getting it dry. For that rug, flat with an Airpath might work well.

Good luck!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm charging $1.50 per sq foot for this only because its a crappy poly rug with lots of wear.
I now charge the same for a crappy poly or a fine Persian rug. In fact, I should give discounts on Persian rugs as now they are among the easiest to clean. I struggle with tufted poly rugs that have been abused.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Being polyester, it can't get cellulosic browning, so you're wasting effort with acids. Soil and oil wicking are what you're dealing with, so a high alkaline/grease eater like a restaurant prespray would work better to loosen those brown stains.

Then you have to do a good job rinsing and getting it dry. For that rug, flat with an Airpath might work well.

Good luck!
...and a rotary extractor will help you achieve this! (If you're charging $1.50 psf, you should have a rotary extractor--you could have a 10 y.o. clean it and it will come out much better.)

Not really trying to sell you my RX. I just want to see you succeed.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
...and a rotary extractor will help you achieve this! (If you're charging $1.50 psf, you should have a rotary extractor--you could have a 10 y.o. clean it and it will come out much better.)

Not really trying to sell you my RX. I just want to see you succeed.
The acids worked. All gone

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom