Jeremy just called about a Tornado in Henryville Indiana

F

FB7777

Yea thank goodness California is immune to any forms of natural disasters

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
It's bad... Really bad. To make matters worse it snowed 2 inches last night making it hard to see things like nails sticking out of broken boards. The town of Henryville is pretty much a pile of bricks and broken lumber at this point and Marysville is just plain gone (as in wiped off the map). Niether town will ever be the same.

It's absolutely heartbreaking. So many displaced families and businesses destroyed. One guy I was talking to lost his house but someone from Ohio (a little over 100 miles away) called and said they found his desk with his business cards inside in thier yard...

Prayers and physical help are in high demand in Southern Indiana and that need will remain for months and weeks to come.

Jimbo

Are you and your's ok, Jeremy?

How far away from you guys was the nearest tornado?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Jimbo said:
Are you and your's ok, Jeremy?

How far away from you guys was the nearest tornado?

Yes, thankfully my family and I are fine and relatively untouched. A little debris and a pretty good power/phone/internet/cable outage was the extent of our personal trauma...The nearest tornado was 3-5 miles from my mothers house and 8 from my house. Although, I do have a couple friends who lost everything and one was hurt fairly seriously.

I spent 6 hours or so Friday evening & 4 hours or so on Saturday searching what was left of Henryville's houses in the affected area for survivors that may have been trapped... I also have 6 walkie talkies on loan to the National Guard at the moment...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom