Jim Martin aka Mr Vortex

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim a while back you sent me a link to the high water shut off valve in the waste tank...

I cant find it.

the guys had the V shut off tonight due to the tank being full. Power was still to the control panel. they shut the truck off and dumped but when they went to turn the unit back on there was no pwer at all.

Until they flipped the waste tank valve up and down a few times...

Got to be a short in there..

Still have that link or should I go on Facebook and ask your buddy?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim -

Mr Vortex and Mr AT. I wanted to formally thank you for your help over the years. I am not the most mechanically gifted man. Actually, before I got the AT, I had never done hardly any maintenance on my machines. Either had someone on staff or took it to someone who knew how.

Your unsolicited posts on what you were doing at the time, had done, or had found out through experience have been a great help. I have probably only retained 10%, but it has been an important 10%. Aside from that, your promptness to answering questions is awesome. Thank you.

What is your wife's favorite restaurant? You are owed a long overdue Christmas present from me.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks........and I really appreciate it....but it is not necessary........happy to help out when I can...........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
$89 and on the way...

Jim in your opinion would or could the float kill all power to the unit in any circumstance?

Yep....most floats do...........IMO..kind of a crappy way to wire things up.....If my tank gets full...I would much rather have the float switch just kill my pump so I could not add anymore into the tank until it was emptied....(just like your low water level float switch does)......but...for some reason most are wired to kill the entire machine....cant say it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when my machine is running at full RPM's and 230 degrees and it just kills itself.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
On all of trucks it will shut down the pto or not let the pto engage, but the panel will still have power.

not all...........my 6008 it killed everything but a red light...........once they got away from the old 777 vortex's......things started going side way and there were way to many cooks in the kitchen.....next thing you know...instead of a cookie cut machine where a person could learn one and be able to work on them all.....every one started being different......could not tell you how many I have seen that on the outside you could not tell them apart.....but open one up...and it was nothing but the next generation red headed bastard step child....in a crumbling world of its own.............

Mikey P

Administrator
ours is toast, that's for sure

today it did not shut off the tank at all, water was shooting out the blower/silencer..

After draining the power was totally dead to the control panel until I tapped the body of the valve (out side the tank) a couple times and the power came back on....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Never leave home with out one........something so stupid can be the difference of either you finishing your day....or it being totally screwed up...............

PC050806.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
On all of 777 s. for some reason I left the word ours out of the sentence.

how long till your replacement level switch comes in?

Mikey P

Administrator
just got it

no damn pig tail or rubber gasket...

20121207_151029_zps3ccdcba6.jpg

yesterday, the vacuum hose bumped the solenoid and killed the unit, took another thump to get it to turn back on..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
they cant......how do they know what style pig tail that you have on your truck......or how it is wired....

and not a single one of mine have ever had a gasket.....just the rubber cord plug at the end......

PC070807.jpg

unscrew the cord cap off the end of the old one..and very carefully pull the rubber plug back about 6 inches....do not pull on the wire or you will unplug it......take the 4 screws out and remove the cap...plug the cord into the new one just like it is on the old one.....

Mikey P

Administrator
good gravy :hopeless:

replace the float this AM.

the pod was full of pond scum water :eekk: the connectors were corroded and yet it was still working for the most part.

amazing cause that switch in there AINT suppose d to get wet judging by the way they got it all sealed up in there..

I suspect I found the root to many evOls that I've been dealing with the past year or two..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom