Joe Bristor please explain some more about your stuff

Bob Foster

And while your at it we want to know a little about you so this kind of like a getting to know Joe thread

How long you been hanging around rug suckers?

Where and how did you start in this business?

What do you like most about the business?

What don't you like about the business?

What person do you look up to most in the business?

What's the biggest problem with the carpet cleaning supply/distribution business?

Who's your most favorite Rug Sucker?

Work with me a bit on this one Joe....Do you or have you ever gone camping with Ken Harris?

What is your biggest regret in business?

When and why did you get into wand sales?

What in your opinion is the ultimate wand?

Are carbon fiber wands the way of the future?

Do you have any future with.....er, .. ah, .... teflon?

When are you coming out with a JoeBilt upholstery tool?

Explain each and every one of these cool cuffs and how you best use them.

8418828.gif

7176203.gif

5298469.gif

6843322.gif

Bob Foster

Not going to happen Rafael and you can take that crap out of your profile or I'll do it for you.

Joe Bristor

How long you been hanging around rug suckers? Too long.

Where and how did you start in this business? Grew up in Dallas. I’m a degreed geologist, worked in Midland, TX for a time, left oil exploration the day before it crashed ‘85. I was a successful trader at that time, love to fish, as a boy, my best friend then had gone on a fishing trip with his dad somewhere in Colorado. He showed me pictures of what he caught - Rainbow Trout. The prettiest fish I’ve ever seen (beat hell outa Carp, catfish, bass and Gar). So I wanted to move somewhere I could learn to fish for Rainbow Trout. I picked Sacramento cuz it’s centrally located in Rainbow country (ocean to the west, Mountain streams to the east, native streams north & south). Since then I’ve fished just about every river from Sacramento on up into Alaska. Most of them just once. People say fishing is boring – you haven’t been with me. God I love to float down a river sight unseen, size it up, plan the cast, then land it, all on the float. The biggest dream of my life was fulfilled packin that UHAUL and burnin brakes down that long straight stretch across Nevada, moving there to ‘learn how to fish for Rainbow Trout.’ At that time, Chinook were shoulder to shoulder at the Nimbus Dam, a solid black mass from bank to bank almost 2 miles long. Nowhere else in the world. Every one of them was right at 32lbs. While in Sacto, I got into real estate, sold a house to a carpet cleaner, watched him clean the carpets, I was shocked at how well HWE worked. I bought into his business, fell in love with cleaning, helping people. Did a lot of floods, fires and repair work. But the salmon runs died so I moved north. Someday I‘ll be forced to live in Alaska I guess. Maybe I’ll run into Kodiak John his own dan self. Btw John, you’ll probly find me on the Karluk R. still the largest native runs of SH I ever knew. But the native Indians are a pathetic breed, I’d have better luck with the grizzly.

What do you like most about the business? That a ‘nobody’ can do so well.

What don't you like about the business? The fact that so many have done so well turning it into “business.” **** that. I got into this to help people, make some money and go home and forget about life for awhile. “Marketing” as we’re taught it – **** that too.

What person do you look up to most in the business? The little guy struggling to make it, especially the honest little guy who’s just really trying to do things to the best of ability.

What's the biggest problem with the carpet cleaning supply/distribution business?
Not enough of them. Too much controlling the ones there are and ‘exclusives.’

Who's your most favorite Rug Sucker? I guess Dave Rampage, followed by all the ‘strugglers’ like me. May we never see a BNC tech come & go while we’re on a job.

Work with me a bit on this one Joe....Do you or have you ever gone camping with Ken Harris? Don’t make me laugh. He’s kinda pissed at me right now cuz I’m kinda pissed at him right now.

What is your biggest regret in business?
I don’t have any. Life’s a journey. I live a whole life every day in my trading. That’s my real love. I could die right now and I’d show pissed off on the outside, but inside I’d be smiling.

When and why did you get into wand sales?
Cuz Westpak makes a good valve and didn’t know how to market it. I’ve made the fucker a household name even though all the ‘salesmen’ tried to call it theirs.
Plus glides, and shear, and untraining guys on the ‘scrub wand’ ideal. The wand is our tool. I’m just trying to help make the most of it. I was playing with extensions years ago, then took Ernie Lombardi’s challenged to do it right – on a bunch of wands. What else does an old fart like me do with his time? I’m almost done. B’fore log, many cleaners will be doing it on the wand they use everyday.

What in your opinion is the ultimate wand?
Ask you know who. And when he’s done I’ll copy it. I’ll copy anything good he ever does for trying to **** me in ’05.

Are carbon fiber wands the way of the future?
I wish GG would donate a glide to all the people who have or want to send back the CCF wands I sold them. LOL. Seriously, these wands redefine CHATTER. Makes me sick too cuz they really do have potential. We just need the slide of the glide.

Do you have any future with.....er, .. ah, .... teflon?
Hell yes, but I’m playing the lamb still, hoping the USPTO does the right thing.
Funny how it’s all ended up back in their lap, right where it started. Pisses me off that Patent office doesn’t punish applicants more for NOT making reasonable effort to meet their obligation in disclosing prior art. That’s the big problem in Patent & Trademark Law – no enforcement - they leave it up to the individual entities to enforce things, not what the founders had intended. IMHO.

When are you coming out with a JoeBilt upholstery tool?
I have a good idea that will help several of them but just an idea at this point.
I do wish people would stop making them and focus more on making them better.

Explain each and every one of these cool cuffs and how you best use them.
It IS pretty lame huh, the way they’re just all lined up so neat with no explanation as to their use huh? Well my plan is to show more ‘use’ pictures in other pages. So how am I doing? You people have any suggestions for making it better?

Joe Bristor

Whoa, Keith Able just pm'd me a video.
Can you put it up here?
This is what I gotta learn how to do. You promised to teach me Bob Foster.
C'mon Keith! Post all of your videos here. pretty cool.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have noticed with a power reel the flat outside hose 2" work's best to start 2.5 hose the other shit just slips off...
th_056.jpg

Kind of feel like I'm jacking this thread though..

R

Rafa L

Oh I'm so sorry.....almost forgot....my bad.
Never hinder the flow of paid advertisement....

Foster, I was almost disappointed at you but then I was reminded of what your boy Walmart Joe Bristol would always say to me about you and the gang over here.

Come on over to the other board so I can teach you a feel things since this board can dish it but can't take it.

John Watson

Hey Pig breath, Helen tells me I am No 1 in the No 2 department and that includes assholes!!!!!!!!!

Hey Brister, Been on the Karluk many times in my youth, at the mouth during tide change is simaler to crossing the Oregen bar. seen fishing boats flip in a snap of the fingers. Normaly a white boy is at the helm!!!! Some of my relatives still live in the village.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Took more then a screwdriver to make it run true though piggy... My shit was seriously tweaked. Some washers to even things out and (ala)bamo..
th_055.jpg

Just saying whatever you got you can put power to it and make your life way easier..

steve g

Name
steve garrett
so joe, are you a worm dunker a spin fisherman, or a fly fisherman, for what its worth my favorite trout are browns on a dry of course. it took me about 3 years for me a redneck from texas to become proficient with a fly rod, now its all I care to fish with, somedays I dream of throwing a gigantic cicada on a warm night into a calm pond and have a huge large mouth bass bite it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
hey joe, just got the qd in today. i see that you sent rebuild kits and was thinking of running ,the brass until they go out. then i will replace them with the (ss?) ones you sent as rebuilds. are guys changing them from the start?

Mikey P

Administrator
Rafa L said:
Oh I'm so sorry.....almost forgot....my bad.

Foster, I was almost disappointed at you but then I was reminded of what your boy Walmart Joe Bristol would always say to me about you and the gang over here.

Come on over to the other board so I can teach you a feel things since this board can dish it but can't take it.

this coming from a nutcase who hangs on ***'s every word.

F

FB7777

so if Greenie ever gets his shit together, will there be another smear campaign done against Joe to steer business to Jeff again?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mikey P said:
[quote="Rafa L":1puy7u48]Oh I'm so sorry.....almost forgot....my bad.

this coming from a nutcase who hangs on ***'s every word.[/quote:1puy7u48]

Bob Foster

Lets keep this thread respectful. No talking smack but comparing products is fair game.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
fred boyle said:
so if Greenie ever gets his shit together, will there be another smear campaign done against Joe to steer business to Jeff again?

Fred there was never a smear campaign. The truth is the truth is the truth. Just because Mikey let Joe back here and Foster wants to be his new best friend doesn't change FACTS. I haven't heard a single apology from Joe. You don't go screwing people then expect them to just forgive and forget because Mikey decided to let you on his board. I am amazed so many here have given Joe a pass.

Mikey P

Administrator
IF (if) Greenie ever gets his "shit together" and wishes to return here in a suppliers setting he'll have to have a proven track record of at least one year of perfect customer service.

For Ken Harris to return, I would need to see two years of solid proof.

Does anyone know if Josh got his truckmount yet?
5 months and counting. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bob Foster

Many people here have said and done things that they have regretted. I believe its the fair thing to do to allow Joe the grace and dignity to show his sincerity by his actions.

Joe brings a lot to the table that is helpful to many people and he admits that he has his faults. Can each of us here say we don't have any faults? So in the interests of moving ahead and giving him a fresh start lets try and make this situation better for everyone.

Nobody is forgetting anything but bearing in mind what may have happened in the past you can choose to deal with him or not.

That's why I am trying to help Joe give himself a fair chance , just like I would help any of you. That's my job here.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I believe its the fair thing to do to allow Joe the grace and dignity to show his sincerity by his actions
Just when did HE apologies? I haven't seen one on here or to me personally but you think people should just forgive people because you think it is a fair thing to do even though they have no admitted any wrong doings and have made no attempt to make amends. Why should we do that? Becuase Mikey let him back on and now he is now an advertiser on the board?

Can each of us here say we don't have any faults?
We are not talking about anyone else we are talking about Joe. You want to talk about my faults? Sure we can start a thread and i'll be happy to share them, but screwing people isn't one of them and not admitting my mistakes nor refusing to make amends when I am wrong are NOT part of them.

Pull you nose out of everyones (_*_) Bob and look at things for what they are not what you want need them to be for some unknown personal reason.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I posted this many times over the years Mikey. I even posted the emails. You, Greenie, Lisa and many many other people in the industry from cleaners and suppliers told me he was going to screw me and I kept saying no he won't, me and Joe are friends. I defended Joe for months even when Lisa sent me the famous Joe "C-Word" emails. Then it happened just as everyone said. Even worse was Joe screwed me by email. We would talk by phone at least once a week for a couple of years. To this day I have still never recieved a phone call.

Mikey you of all people know everything. You where one of the people that told me over and over he'd screw me and I told you know he won't. We talked about this on the phone Mikey. It is your board and you can forgive and forget all you like but I haven't seen any sort of apology. Joe is here ONLY because he has NO place else to go. His cuffs have run their course, he has screwed his last hope in Hydro-Force. *** has sent him packing,ICS doesn't want him, without mikeysboard he will slowly fade away..So just why should I forgive someone who has admitted not wrong nor asked for forgiveness. I don't need his cuffs I bought enough to last me until July. :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Jon Don is selling his cuffs now and with direct sales I'm sure he'll have enough to keep him in night crawlers.

Joe, please apologize to John's vagina so we can move on.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Able 1 said:
Took more then a screwdriver to make it run true though piggy... My shit was seriously tweaked. Some washers to even things out and (ala)bamo..
th_055.jpg

Just saying whatever you got you can put power to it and make your life way easier..
HOLY JEEBUS:
i see front teefs bein' banged out when the QD comes around........

jus sayin'!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey P said:
Jon Don is selling his cuffs now and with direct sales I'm sure he'll have enough to keep him in night crawlers.

Joe, please apologize to John's vagina so we can move on.

Now Mikey that was un-called for, just because Joe is buying your forgivness doesn't mean everyone else needs to forgive him.

P.S. Dave won't take one of the patented Joe blow ups. I give the Jon-Don/Joe relationship about 60 days.

Bob Foster

I had a small blow up from Joe a few years ago and I was outspoken and often used the expression "go Bristor on him". I have talked with Joe since and we both apologized to each other.

I have come to understand why Joe was upset with me - that's what you call the other side of the story. We were both gentlemen about it and reached a better understanding with each other and we're both better for it.

Here's Joe in a nutshell. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he is very disappointed in people who don't treat his relationship with him with the same level of respect. When you play games with him, dismiss his extra felt sincerity he gets really pissed off. There isn't a thing he won't do for you except be screwed or bullshitted by you.

How do you deal with it? Either deal with him in a matter that respects the heartfelt work an genuine sincerity he pours into every rug sucker or go by your stuff elsewhere.

Joe Bristor

There's two sides to every story.
I'm just here to help people find their way as cleaners.
Seems to be working pretty good.
thanks for your support. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom