John G....?

Mikey P

Administrator
Come on now big fella.

Do you really think a OP is to a 175 what a V is to a Resoil?

That's a mighty daring analogy coming from a guy who has been pushing Ed's pile of Ace Hardware left overs all these years.

John G

I started out with a couple Clark 500's years ago, there is NO comparison between the two.

If you only knew how many ChemDry and Heavens Best etc cleaners use OP instead of rotary, but they don't want their names given out on the bbs's for good reason.

Rotary is SLOWER Period! and rotary CAN NOT do the as good a job, so what would YOU call that comparison?

R

rotorob

John, remember when I challanged you to verify your claims of OP being better than a rotary in cleanability? My offer still stands.
When I travelled to Toronto, to assess your process at the hands of Richard Watters, I came away with the satisfaction of knowing that your OP process claims are "shakey" at best.
What I witnessed, was a slower, somewhat less effective way to attain a mediocre cleaning. The flimsy pads and slider system for start-up would eat into the time alloted for any claim of speed.
I can't speak for all rotary machines or processes, only my experiences at the handles of my Rotowhiz unit and the application of the RotoMagic cleaner employed in our process.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mikey you are attracting all these snakes in the grass to come here and push their products.

Weed out these wazoos who pray on BDCC.

Mikey P

Administrator
So why would you recommend a Resoil when you know a real TM is THAT much more effective.

If your reply is that along with a OP a Porty will work just fine then my come back will be that along with a TM a 175 will do as well.

John G

Of course you would say that Mikey, that is what you use!

Still say OP and porty will take your 175 and V anyday......

Rob, like I said before, put up or shut up, you know where I live, and I am ALWAYS willing.

Don't care what you SAY you saw, I will put your rotary method to shame without a doubt, not arrogance, just simple physics.

Mikey P

Administrator
Define take...

Clean deeper?

Faster?

Luke warm water and 300 psi with 70% recovery if you're lucky is not what I call rinsing.

Greenie

...are you ready to rumble !!??!!!!!!!!

Let's get it on.

Will Rob make it out to Cali for the winter?

Neil

As somebody with day to day experience with both a rotary and one of John's machines, I can say certainly that there is no comparison. The only reason I even keep my rotary on my truck is because cheaper carpets will tip bloom from the op- but only if I use 100% cotton pads. I have some new glad pads on order so we'll see how those do.

Given the large amount of HWE cleaners on this board I would bet I have more VLM experience in my 2 years in business than most of the people here, and I find some of your comments to be fairly ignorant (and loaded with bias.)

On that same note, I don't have much HWE experience, so I can't speak to the accuracy of the Vortex analogy, but there is a huge difference between a rotary and the commercial breeze I use.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
look John, the reason most people choose OP, rotary, or even a portable is based solely on cost and maybe lack of having big heavy equipment to tow around and maintain.

with us truckmount operators and especially the vortex/AT owners we have chosen what is the best all around method without cost being so much of a deciding factor, we could afford to use any method we want, If OP was so damn great, why has truckmounted cleaning become the standard most people expect?? even customers know what a truckmount is these days and ask for it, hell even chemdry of all people are using truckmounts, who woulda thought that??

the fact remains OP and rotary does work better in limited situations however this isn't normally in residential settings which most of us clean in most. saying a bonnet OP style cleaning is the best is utter bullshit, next time you need to wash your hair why not hook up a small upholstery pad to your drill and buff it around, use some common sense bro, every one knows washing, carpets, hair, material whatever works best with as much of a rinse step as possible, OP has virtually no rinse mechanism

Clark

I may not be able the compete with the big V. But I can kick the shit out of a rotary. So I'm thinking it's on. So when is it Rotorob? Mikefest? Or Connections?

Clark

I'm going to be on the West Coast for 5 to 6 weeks. I will need a diversion. I get bored easy. And a little competition may be good. Who knows I might learn something new. Besides John is a pro. I'm just having fun.

John G

look John, the reason most people choose OP, rotary, or even a portable is based solely on cost and maybe lack of having big heavy equipment to tow around and maintain.

I dont' know where you get that idea, I can use any method I want too and can bloody afford it, but my CHOICE is my choice for many reasons.

I don't need a guy telling me what I can and can not do, I know and see it day after day after month after month after year after year after decade after decade, so YOU telling me what I can or can not do is actually very humorous.

with us truckmount operators and especially the vortex/AT owners we have chosen what is the best all around method without cost being so much of a deciding factor, we could afford to use any method we want, If OP was so damn great, why has truckmounted cleaning become the standard most people expect?? even customers know what a truckmount is these days and ask for it, hell even chemdry of all people are using truckmounts, who woulda thought that??

Funny thing is people who call me want clean carpet, they are not sold on method, but on CLEAN, your bias shows plainly just watching what you type.

the fact remains OP and rotary does work better in limited situations however this isn't normally in residential settings which most of us clean in most.

And this is based on WHAT? I clean MOSTLY residential, always have, so your opinion on what I can and can not do are again, humorous at best.

saying a bonnet OP style cleaning is the best is utter bullshit, next time you need to wash your hair why not hook up a small upholstery pad to your drill and buff it around, use some common sense bro, every one knows washing, carpets, hair, material whatever works best with as much of a rinse step as possible, OP has virtually no rinse mechanism

So we are talking HAIR now? LOL, are you despate or what? I don't clean hair, I clean carpet and don't care what you do with your hair. Suck it up a hose if that turns you on.

See, so often it is the comments themselves that give the bs away![/b]

Mikey P

Administrator
So then if there "Is no comparison between a OP and 175" , according to your analogy there is no comparison between a V and a Porty.

Are you really gonna stick to your claim that you can out clean me with a Resoil and a OP?

John I dont want to embarrass you but 600 psi @ 012 flow backed by a 2.5 6008 vacuum is not something you want to mess with.

John G

Mikey, you want dual process, fine, I will be happy to compare with a porty and an op against a v and a rotary.

Of course a v and an OP would be better, but hey, not eveyone wants to buy both, right?

Your mind puts too much wieght on flush.

Greenie

time out

new rule, you gotta put something in the SUBJECT title that actually gives a clue what the thread is supposed to be about.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Time Out. LOL. New rule. LMAO. Reminds me of sandlot baseball as a kid. Make up rules as we go. LMAO!!!!

gOLDEN bOY

R

rotorob

John: It's not I that am always chirping about Rotary being better than OP. I have nothing to sell guys. I'm just a grunt at the controls of a machine.
I put up my time and effort to travel to Toronto to view your machine & cleaner, so don't repeat yourself by telling me to `put up or shut up'.
Your claim of OP being superior to Rotary is unsubstantiated, sir.
Someday we shall meet on the berber at dawn.
Till then, bullshit baffles brains.

G

Did a dirty tan berber today.

Presprayed (zone perfect), brushed it in where needed, rinsed with tm (250 psi, 200 heat, 12 hg/300 cfms), then OP'd with cotton pads. Pads were dirty, but I didn't intellectualize.

Got paid, went home, took nap.

Phil

Brad_Smith

I have a ccs brute and 175 and even a tmpro. I can tell you that a v or even a little butler will beat a porty and op or 175. Tm can put on stronger chems and rinse em out. I had to clean the other day with the brute and am so glad I am back to my tm. I feel for you guys who have battle that bitch all day. When I went back to my tm I thought how relaxing and man it looks so much cleaner.

Anyone want a 20" brute, and a bunch of cotton pads.

Brad

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Ok, I sat quite long enough. Mikey, just why in the hell must one with a Vortex, need to buy a $1500 rotary to clean carpet. I thought the vortex was the total cleaning machine?

I think you need to pick your fights more carefully.

Hell if you want more work, just book more jobs.

Mikey P

Administrator
You're drunk.

And obviously have not been doing this long enough to grasp how to really clean.

Quit looking for the cheap way out Vince. It take money to make money.

Brevic's crap and John's floor sanders are not the big answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom