John G....?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Is a rotary an option when you buy a Vortex? I'm not cheap, just smarter than most, except for when Gargan screwed me. I was being cheap then.

I agree it takes money to make money, but being stupid about it is not reason enough.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Last year (06) it was 35%. Less this year due to the increase of commercial work, but don't have the numbers.

I do 2 houses per day, maybe 3 depending on the size of job.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Neil said:
Given the large amount of HWE cleaners on this board I would bet I have more VLM experience in my 2 years in business than most of the people here, and I find some of your comments to be fairly ignorant (and loaded with bias.)

Good, cause I view your idea of clean the same way. You can shake it, rub it, spit on it whatever way you want, it will never be mainstream... EVER.

Clark

You guys are so much fun

I haven't been able to pick a good fight since I left the Navy.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
John G according to you all of us don't know how to clean a carpet, I would like for you to show me, how you clean a carpet, go to mike fest and lets see who the winner is, this question is begging for a showdown. also lets not forget speed should be a factor as well, if it takes an hour to clean a bedroom with OP/resoil and the V takes 10mins to get the same results, I say the V wins, time spent needs to be within 20% or so

Neil

Kevin Bunce said:
Neil said:
Given the large amount of HWE cleaners on this board I would bet I have more VLM experience in my 2 years in business than most of the people here, and I find some of your comments to be fairly ignorant (and loaded with bias.)

Good, cause I view your idea of clean the same way. You can shake it, rub it, spit on it whatever way you want, it will never be mainstream... EVER.

I hope your carpet cleaning skills are better than your reading comprehension skills.

I already know what you think of my cleaning, and my post had NOTHING to do with that.

Go back and read my whole post, then think really hard about what I am referring to.

John G

John G according to you all of us don't know how to clean a carpet,

Why do you make this crap up Steve G? You spew this, yet I challenge you to find where I have EVER said any such thing.

This is just BS YOU make up to make an argument.

I have never even THOUGHT that, I have no problem with TM guys and how they clean carpet, I have no problem with any cleaner with whatever method he uses, what I have stated OVER and OVER and OVER again is, "I clean with OP it does a great job, and is another way to skin and cat and skin it well."

It is YOU hwe guys that claim that as an OP'r I can not doing the quality of work I should be doing, funny I have NEVER had a HWE guy come here and clean with me and EVER say that. So those in the know, as opposed to guys like you Steve who make shit up, would say that.
So obviously, your assuming makes me LAUGH, because you don't know crap about what I do, day to day and everyday.

I would like for you to show me, how you clean a carpet, go to mike fest and lets see who the winner is, this question is begging for a showdown

I have gone the extra mile, no actually 6000 miles, this time, come to Kentucky and you will see the straight dope, this time you
all can spend the buck and come here.

. also lets not forget speed should be a factor as well, if it takes an hour to clean a bedroom with OP/resoil and the
V takes 10mins to get the same results, I say the V wins, time spent needs to be within 20% or so

This again shows you have NO KNOWLEDGE of OP. Where do you get the times you state? At .35 a foot I AVERAGE $150.00
and hour and UP. I often clean much faster than you would with a V or another TM. Ask Tony Wheelright, on the one carpet that was just normal carpet for cleaning, NOT THE ONE FULL TO THE TOP WITH SOIL in Mikeys garage, I took less time than the V and you couldn't tell any difference.

So what you SAY without knowing what in the heck you are talking about means NOTHING. With all the times I hear people telling me that I slam HWE, I challenge you to find that!

I just will not put up with a bunch of people telling me what type of work I do or CAN do with the method I have chosen.

All to often people think that when I post a positve about OP that it is a slam against HWE, simply not true.
Each method has its benefits, and I respect all those benefits, what gets me going is people who deny or slam the benefits of OP with no nowledge of it.

Look I have sold 80% of my machines as TOOLS, get it? Tools, add ons for another method, 20% are sold as stand alone, and YES it will stand alone as well as any other method, but that does not mean it is the end all or the best choice or the fastest choice for all situations.

I personally CHOOSE to do it as stand alone because that enables me to answer and support our customers who need to know HOW to do something that might be easier with another method, with their OP equipment.

Have you seen SHAWN YORK whip out and OP machine and do some jobs with it because it is better suited for a certain type job? HECK NO, but you see no problem with that probably.... LOL

All I ask for is a little intellectual honesty, but the bias seems to run to deep to get much of that.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good reply John! While we do not use OP as a primary source I do not get why people keep insinuating you put down HWE. I have never seen you do that.

Ken

steve g

Name
steve garrett
john, I want you to know I was somewhat serious in my post, in all seriousness I would like to see you go at it with your machine, and see for myself what you can do with your equipment, I loved to be proven wrong because that means I have learned something new. so lets see it happen in a real situation I think a head to head matchup with at least 3 different types of carpets need to be done, if yours is better, I will be the first to say so, hell even the other mikefesters where willing to admit how much they liked HOST, imagine that we have all dissed HOST as being udder bullshit, the truth will out.

John G

What you don't probably know Steve, and I thank you for your clarification of your post) is that I do this a LOT, that is why I travel all over the country. In going to Connections I already have 20 stops I have to make to do exactly what you are talking about.

I have done this a couple of hundred times.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Neil said:
Kevin Bunce said:
Neil said:

I hope your carpet cleaning skills are better than your reading comprehension skills.

I already know what you think of my cleaning, and my post had NOTHING to do with that.

Go back and read my whole post, then think really hard about what I am referring to.

Neil, I'll clean circles around you, and then take your customers. So...shhh. I responded to your post, and it had everything to do with what I said. I stand by it. If your gonna rely on some misting and rubbing of the carpet, i'll be aggressively against it for residential cleaning.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
John G said:
The idea that the world was flat was "Mainstream" Buncie!

hahaha, yeap. And I'll stand by the fact that the world being thought of as flat will never be mainstream again....EVER. Thanks for the analogy!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Steve, I don't if you've ever met John or seen his equipment work but it appears that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Last time John was at MF there were several TM's, Odin's electric TM and John with his OP machine all there to clean 20 units in a motel. They all cleaned up nicely but John was all done and had his machine back in his van before any of the tm guys had laid out their hoses and begun to pre-sprayed.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
harryhides said:
Steve, I don't if you've ever met John or seen his equipment work but it appears that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Last time John was at MF there were several TM's, Odin's electric TM and John with his OP machine all there to clean 20 units in a motel. They all cleaned up nicely but John was all done and had his machine back in his van before any of the tm guys had laid out their hoses and begun to pre-sprayed.

Thats because all the truckmount guys were talking about their new wands, new colored hoses, airline for water line, greenglides, greenhorn wands, propane burners...and lie detectors!! LOL.

Neil

Kevin Bunce said:
Neil said:
[quote="Kevin Bunce":eek:sd2buxh]
Neil said:

Neil, I'll clean circles around you, and then take your customers. So...shhh. I responded to your post, and it had everything to do with what I said. I stand by it. If your gonna rely on some misting and rubbing of the carpet, i'll be aggressively against it for residential cleaning.[/quote:eek:sd2buxh]

LOL Bunce, you get an F. Go back and read my original post AGAIN. I was comparing OP to rotary, and I was making the point that most people here don't have enough VLM experience with both of them to make a valid comparison.

MY POST HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I can admit the shortcomings of my system, and I will own a TM as soon as I have the money for it. This board will be where I will come for advice on what to purchase when that time comes. Perhaps then your input will be of more value. Until then, learn to read.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
First of all, your not my teacher. So, nice attempt to give me a grade when I never asked your opinion. 2nd of all, I've cleaned about 4 million square feet of carpet with VLM, and you were saying what now about us HWE people? Don't start your prejudgement because this is a majority HWE board. Many of us come from all different backgrounds. I myself, did not just "find" my way into HWE world. I went there by choice. Now, go read your post again and understand where I am coming from.

Neil

I said MOST of the people here, Bunce. That leaves room for exceptions. If you want to take issue with that, or have a conversation about it, then lets do it.

You decided to just go off on some tangent about the way I clean and how you would take my customers, which had absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about. You were coming completely out of right field.

Seriously, go back and take an objective look at what I am talking about in this thread and you can see how completely unrelated your comments are.

I was doing nothing more than comparing one VLM method to another VLM method.

Neil

Took you what, five posts to make that point?

Bunce, you are one of those people who are too stupid to realize how stupid they are.

Back
Top Bottom