Jon-Don is opening in Denver CO next week!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Oct 31 will be the soft opening for the newest Jon-Don store. This will be followed by the official Grand Opening on Dec 13th. We figured by that time Scott Warrington will have run out of disguises to find out what we are doing in Denver.

Dec 15-16 we will have 2 major seminars in a Denver hotel to introduce the Rocky Mountain folks to Jon-Don. I made sure that the seminar would be on a Friday so I can head into the mountains for the weekend. Indiana mountains are a bit lacking.

To see pictures and addresses as well as other info check out the Jon-Don Facebook page.

Hope to see many of you in Denver.

Bill

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That's cool! Poor Adco guys..

My question is this Billy: is there something that stops jondon to open up in California? There is a giant market in CA. Always makes me wonder why not here? Does jon don make money off of shipping when CA orders come in? I'm not agains making money, I'm just wondering out loud I guess..

There is only 38million people in CA with a HuGe number of carpet cleaners running around, so there will be plenty of business here and we wouldn't have to have everything shipped if we buy from jondon.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I guess I'm selfish. :lol: I wana go to SFS but don't wana go too far. It would be easier if it was more local..

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah and how bout one between Roselle and langhorne, maybe cleveland? !gotcha!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

My question is this Billy: is there something that stops jondon to open up in California? There is a giant market in CA. Always makes me wonder why not here? Does jon don make money off of shipping when CA orders come in? I'm not agains making money, I'm just wondering out loud I guess..

There is only 38million people in CA with a HuGe number of carpet cleaners running around, so there will be plenty of business here and we wouldn't have to have everything shipped if we buy from jondon.

Z, we have been trying to open up in the southwest for several years. We prefer to build our own stores as to purchasing existing companies. As you know running a business in CA is different from any other state. We keep looking in CA and when it makes good business sense we will be there. We don't make any money shipping.

Until then we will just keep creeping closer.

In the new Jim Collins book Great By Choice he uses a term "20 mile march" which means every year you hit steady goals in both good and bad years. I think Jon-Don falls into that category.

As for SFS in CA I am sure Steve, Chuck and I would love to hit LA in February but we don't want to interfere with MikeyFest.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Chris Adkins said:

Hey Chris,
We have some pictures of you having a good time in Atlanta. Think how St. Pete would look in January as opposed to NW Ohio.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Would be great if you guys opened one up in the DC area.

Chris A

Name
Chris
billyeadon said:
Chris Adkins said:

Hey Chris,
We have some pictures of you having a good time in Atlanta. Think how St. Pete would look in January as opposed to NW Ohio.

Billy Id love to do it again with Stephanie this time, now she spends as much time with clients as I do and usa really stepped up as an owner. We were actually planning a Florida trip this Feb and it fell through so it may be a great match.

John Watson

Hey there Billy, Love the way you guys keep expanding, Congrats to all of you. Like Papa Nick says, Its the team...

All these newbys don,t know how good you guys have made it for them... Twas a time SFS was available only in Roselle once or twice a year if memery serves me right. Heck the first time I went was before you filled out the trio.. But like I told our buddy Steve you were the coup de gra to pull it together....(Up chuck and ol stevo taint no slouches)

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
That is cool! 8) I will have to make Denver a stop on the JonDon Nationwide tour! How bout a mikefest in Denver sometime!! !gotcha!

Becker

Name
Becker
billyeadon said:
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

Z, we have been trying to open up in the southwest for several years. We prefer to build our own stores as to purchasing existing companies. As you know running a business in CA is different from any other state. We keep looking in CA and when it makes good business sense we will be there. We don't make any money shipping.

Until then we will just keep creeping closer.

In the new Jim Collins book Great By Choice he uses a term "20 mile march" which means every year you hit steady goals in both good and bad years. I think Jon-Don falls into that category.

As for SFS in CA I am sure Steve, Chuck and I would love to hit LA in February but we don't want to interfere with MikeyFest.

Seattle is always a good buy..

Jamesh921

Name
James
Why does everyone keep by-passing Oklahoma. We only have 3 real suppliers in the whole state, and 2 of 'em really take us to the cleaners on price. Plus, the don't really carry the products we like.

C'mon "Big Guys" Give us a shot!!!

Mike Draper

Who in their right mind would start a business in the most anti-business state in the country? California just past cap and trade, they get more hostile towards business owners by the day. Pretty soon carpet cleaners in Cali will be paying a cap and trade tax on their TM's for every hour they run. Guaranteed.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike Draper said:
Who in their right mind would start a business in the most anti-business state in the country? California just past cap and trade, they get more hostile towards business owners by the day. Pretty soon carpet cleaners in Cali will be paying a cap and trade tax on their TM's for every hour they run. Guaranteed.

Sounds to me like you should stay in Uoooooooooooootah.

Not much of a chance of you making it in the Golden State.

Mike Draper

yep, thats why Utah is gaining business and is the most financially sound economy and government in the country right now. Business folks are leaving CAli by the droves each day.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Mike Draper said:
yep, thats why Utah is gaining business and is the most financially sound economy and government in the country right now. Business folks are leaving CAli by the droves each day.

That is why I miss that snowy state.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
GCP said:
congrats thats great, jon -don rocks. Denver look out.
Thanks, Jay. I just got word from Jason Leitner, our Denver manager, that Jon-Don Denver will be open for business Monday morning, October 31st. 420 Bryant- be there!

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS So we're continuing our slow and steady march toward the Pacific. Meanwhile lots more western states will be getting next-day delivery from Jon-Don Denver.

PCCN

Looks like the Denver Interlink folks provided the same "good service" that the Nashville store did and JonDon is taking advantage of it. Shouldn't be hard for them to pick up tons of service and supply business and wish them the best out there. Just waiting for them to open up closer to Nashville too.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Is it true that Jon-Don are going to open a store in Cairns. ??

Mangoes & prawns are hot on the menu for the next six months.

Papa Nick can always get plenty of fresh pasta down under also.

Then I could get Scotchgard. :p

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
ShortyDownUnder said:
Is it true that Jon-Don are going to open a store in Cairns. ??

Mangoes & prawns are hot on the menu for the next six months.

Papa Nick can always get plenty of fresh pasta down under also.

Then I could get Scotchgard. :p
Sounds good to me, Shorty. Papa Nick still talks about the Roselle SFS you attended. I would love to get the two of you back together. Heck, if you can make it back to Chicago March 12-16 next year I'll comp you the class. (All you gotta do is get there which may be a challenge with the labor trouble Quantas is having!)

Plus we are reworking the entire SFS program for next year AND Yeadon has grown another inch since you saw him last!

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS By the way, our Denver store officially opens tomorrow morning. (My guess is if you "stop by" today you could get a sneak preview as I'm sure Jason will be working.) Here are some photos, directions, etc:

http://sfs.jondon.com/11392/blog/jon-do ... s-now-open

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom