Jon Don plug

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I have been doing business with Portland Jon Don (formerly McDowell Supply) for about 25 years now. Jerry was the go to guy and now it is Gary that I deal with mostly. Jerry is a certified inspector and Gary is one of the most knowledgeable people in the business I have ever spoken to. On top of that their prices are great. Just thought they deserved a plug for all the good they have done for me.
Al

Mikey P

Administrator
Top of the notch in every regard if you ask me.

P.S. I heard Toburen has been clicking Fjord King's Pay Per Click ad for 67 hours straight.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
As far as "smaller guys" go I feel that Gary and Jerry make a living off what I buy from them and that makes them a "smaller guy" in my opinion. They have the time or make the time to give personal (not personalized) service to me. They have done stuff for me that NO other distributor would have ever done.
Al

Bob Foster

You know some of us hear more than a little inside stuff on the state of distributors and how they conduct their affairs. Here is a remark that is typical of a few who will remain nameless that are amongst the heaviest hitters of manufacturers in this industry.

When JD take on a product line they like to put a lot of resources behind the brand to support it properly with information and education. The most coveted shelves and floor to be on nationally is Jon Don.

But to be fair there also some first class independent distributors who by their size and nature can be extremely responsive and accommodating to their customers. Some of these independents also have large levels of inventory of products and parts.

Joe Bristor

Al,

Are you seeing service better, or about the same since Jon-Don took over?

How about product knowledge amongst the store personnel, better, worse or the same?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
The store is run by the same people. The only difference is Chuck the mechanic is no longer there, Joe took the place of Chuck. Joe has it together.

Chuck was funny but a little on the edge

The JonDon store seems to be busier than the other suppliers

They have treated me well over the years, Jerry, Gary, Jeff, Greg, Joe. I go fishing with Jeff all the time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is this the thread where we are saying good things about Jon Don's?

The Garland Jon Don has now become my happy place. I just go down there and stand until I'm in a better mood. Takes about 10 seconds on a bad day.

Great things to learn and buy. Great people to learn from and buy from.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom