Just getting started and have a great mentor

Chuck Shew

Name
Chuck Shew
I am pretty new to Mikey' Board and have not really posted. I am brand new to carpet cleaning, I recently purchased my van with an Inferno Unit, I am currently laying it out differently. Tom King and I started talking a while back and when he told me he offered consulting services I jumped on board. Now Tom is helping me with everything from laying out my van to how to clean and marketing. I am so excited, I just can't wait to get started.
When I bought my van Tom looked at the layout and said "What if you did it this way?" So now I'll have both solution and vacuum lines coming out the back, the fresh water tank weight is more evenly distributed. I am correcting some things the former owner changed on the unit, like using the wrong hoses and wiring.

Here is the newly re-installed Inferno. I moved the water tank from the side to behind the seats, I sprayed a bed liner material down after removing the molded carpet.
View attachment 1969

I just got official notice today that my name (coming soon) was available and now belongs to me. Once we get the logo finalized I'll be learning how to market.
One thing I did learn will working with Tom is there is a whole lot more to learn working with Tom!
My sincere appreciation to Tom King.
Chuck
Here is how to get a slide out, out.
View attachment 1970

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome a board Chuck!

You found a great mentor in Tom, pay him what ever he asks and pay real close attention to this forum and you'll do great things in the world of rug sucking.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You couldn't ask for a better mentor/consultant, Chuck, than Tom King. No doubt his advice will save you boatloads of time and money while getting underway. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of CC. Get yourself in top physical shape, the work is hard and grueling at times but worth it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Welcome to Satan's forum! It's kind of like the Hotel California!

I couldn't tell from the picture how you got that thing out of your van.

Let me know if Tom advises you to have donuts on hand.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You're smart to be looking for help early in the game. Good luck to you. MB has been a huge help to me recently, saving tons of time, aggravation, $$$$.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Beeks

Name
J.R.
nice man, feel like i already know ya since we have spoken in the past, hope things are going well from our past discussions, and good luck in the CC game!

Chuck Shew

Name
Chuck Shew
I don't really think they should be called slide outs, grunt outs maybe! To get it out I pulled next to the porch which happened to almost be the same height,then I just started pulling it out, yes it was heavy but getting it in was twice as hard. There was nothing to use for leverage.

Back
Top Bottom