Just ordered the Samsung Epic from Sprint

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Actually, I ordered 2 of them. One for me and one for Jen.

Really cool phone. Have been playing with it at the Sprint store for a while.

My contract is up and Jen needs a better phone too so I did it.

$150.00 each and $30.00 a month each...because I have a total of 4 phones on their share plan.

It's only $10.00 more total for each because of the smart phone thing.

We can video chat, it's a hot spot for my laptop, AmLED screen, slide out keyboard...screen is just the right size (the Evo is a little big)

Charged it right to my account...easy peasy Japaneasy.

I'm stoked.

sprint-epic-4g.jpg

Yeah I know....welcome to the now...my Blackberry served me well.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you have to pay for the hotspot feature :x :x :x

its the phone i have and it is bad ass...plain and simple

Name
Bruce
Nothing wrong with the blackberry, they were the smart phones before all the "app" phone came out.

I love my droid x , I had the palm w before that.

F

FB7777

I was just looking at that phone , I've held off far too long for a Smart phone

I'm in the Stone Age with my Samsung Reclaim

John is right, at least in my case... getting a Smart phone for me should be in the 'waste more time and money room'

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I bought an Epic over 6 months ago and an Evo a few months back.

I suppose Fred will need to see the sales slip.

Name
Jesse
Great phone but get yourself 2 or 3 extra batteries + a charger off ebay to carry with you. Very necessary if you like your screen bright or use gps with satellites and don't want to be chained to a 12volt outlet. I use 2-4 batteries per day.

I still haven't found one instance where I preferred to use the slide out keyboard.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks for the suggestions.

You have to PAY for the hotspot feature???? The "nice" lady on the phone didn't tell me that.

I even asked. "It can be used as a hot spot for my laptop right?"

That's when she should have said something.

It's like she just put the scotchgard in the quote without telling the price for just the carpet cleaning first. The nerve! !gotcha!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Out Of Character said:
Great phone but get yourself 2 or 3 extra batteries + a charger off ebay to carry with you. Very necessary if you like your screen bright or use gps with satellites and don't want to be chained to a 12volt outlet. I use 2-4 batteries per day.

I still haven't found one instance where I preferred to use the slide out keyboard.

HOLYYY CHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i use it quiet a bit but daymn.....granted if i used it much more it would be plugged in more...just make sure crap is turned off if your not using it.....programs running in the background will killlll it...

with that said mine is on the charger now, after only being off since 11 Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold

I use the keyboard for typing email addys or web stuff.....or if i am doing alot of memo stuff...other then that...swype is the shit

i know brian huh...people doing shit and not asking you...

with that...it is a subscription so you cant "accidently" use it

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Shit man, I want a new phone, my Blackberry Curve 8900 is pissing me off, whenever I take a pic and try to send it or upload to fb it freezes up than i have to restart than start again, than the reset screen comes up, resetting takes a good 5-10 minutes for the software to load. I'm just ready for a new one, we have 3 on our plan w/ Tmobile, and this is my 3rd-4th replacement, usually the trackball gets stuck, they replace it.

I used to be one of those that used to say who needs a smartphone, but when I finally realized how great it is, I was stunned I didn't do any sooner. Have 4 emails on mine, 2 personal/2 work, I actually get my emails on the blackberry quicker than Outlook, forgot the last time I even checked Outlook, unless I'm sending a bid. That's just the basics of smartphones. But yea I'm ready for a touch pad, especially after using my iPad for the last 8 months.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you can get the epic equivalent on tmobile...ask for the galaxy s phone....just no slide out keyboard....but its a fast mutha...i have photobucket on mine and it uploads pics as soon as i take them

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Got an email last night that it was shipped. Sprint has always been good to ...and I've been good to them. Can't remember when I just had one phone with them.

The sales girl was happy as pie when I suddenly said "ah, give me another one."

I don't think they get commissions but I'm sure they get something for sales.

I asked her and all she would say is "It's very good for us when we make sales".
But she said no to the commission. Bonuses maybe?

I really need the better camera and the web conference will be cool. I have GPS on my blackberry but this will be a little better because of the screen size etc.

Can I use Service Monster on it? I think Joe said "unofficially" or something like that.

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
I bought an Epic over 6 months ago and an Evo a few months back.

I suppose Fred will need to see the sales slip.
No Dave, I'll trust you on that one

its all the other horseshit you try to get past people

I doubt the 16 employee deal and all the work you claim off all your different referral sources , 800 postcards / month

all the while doing the work with an electric TM and helper

You mean to tell me you ran a million $ plus operation and need all that marketing to keep yourself going?

You NEVER answer a direct question of mine Yoakum, so I'll sweeten the deal

Prove the 16 employee operation and show me what you grossed in 2010 and I'll pay your $5 month fee here for life

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The HotSpot will go against your data time, not really a true wifi. They're trying to get a limit on internet usage up here so even home computers will need a data plan.

Turn off the GPS sync on your photo app otherwise every photo carries with it the location where it was taken.

How secure are these for doing banking, credit card processing? ie Chase allows taking front and back of cheques and its deposited, people are checking bank accounts and making transactions, etc. This is all done wirelessly rather than through hard wire.
How many movies have shown people hacking into the phone's signal?!! ANd people want to bank with these!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If someone wants your bank info and is good like Fredcc....they will get it.

Wireless or other.

It's like a lock on your front door. It's not there to keep people out...it's to keep the Honest honest.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hey Ron...on the sprint plans its unlimited data shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

granted like anyone else if its abused they can put a cap on it..

but the hotspot feature is in fact an extra charge, now tethering is a different story 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) but you gotta have the right app for it

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Check the time when I first posted this thread and now.

The UPS guy just dropped off the two phones. :shock:

That was damn quick and NO I didn't pay anything for shipping.

Awesome!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
call me if ya want to know how to work it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lol, I'll probably be OK.

But PM me your number just in case. :oops:

This kind of reminds me when Bugs Bunny would order something in the mail and just stand by the mail box he dropped the envelope in and the mailman would swing buy with a "package for Bugs Bunny".

I am easily amused. !gotcha!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If its unlimited how can you abuse it???

Different rules in Canada. They offer a Gig of data and are trying to limit usage on home internet lines.
You better hope it doesn't pass in Canada that they can limit internet usage from homes, guess who'll be next!
You won't be surfing MB as often.

Is that GSM or other network?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
If its unlimited how can you abuse it???

Different rules in Canada. They offer a Gig of data and are trying to limit usage on home internet lines.
You better hope it doesn't pass in Canada that they can limit internet usage from homes, guess who'll be next!
You won't be surfing MB as often.

Is that GSM or other network?

Its CDMA network...sprint, verizon run it....along with sprints subsideries virgin, boost...

GSM is tmobile, AT&T

They have limits for everyone.....comcast has a 250GB limit....they say MOST avg users use about 5-8....i am at around 25-30 :shock: :shock: :shock: ...and i dl music and we use vonage over it...but no where near the 250 cap...

Sprints is the same...they have never released a number, but they could tell if you use it as your sole provider, based on my phone i use about 2.5 GB per month...if they had someone over the 5 all the time, they would research it....

Plus we pay the extra $10 for "enhanced phones" or some other shit...basiclly its for the 4G usage, and the extra bandwidth...but its cheaper to use 4G then 3...sooo i dunno

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Can you guys tell me which one of these is the best option?

I'll only be using it for emails, calling, texting, fb app, weather app, that's at least what I use on the Crackberry now. The iPad is my GPS since I purchased it.

I would like video conference if any of these have it on them, can you video conference with other phones in other networks, say Sprint to Tmobile to Att?

Samsung Galaxy S
250x270_1.png

myTouch 4G
250x270_1.png

G2
250x270_1.png

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you need the front facing camera....for the video.....well if you wanna see them lol

and yes you can conference between,

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Super awesome phone...been playing with for a while now.

I will have to admit that I think the screen text is easier than the slide out keyboard. Oh well.

So maybe the Evo would have been a better deal? No regrets...I'm just sayin.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no...there are times i want the keyboard.....I had a screen only phone....ehhhhh didnt like it....granted with swype its the bomb....but still....web pages and stuff i need the FN key for, are better with key board

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool. No regrets.

Ok, maybe one.

Blackberries have a better email program.

Now the phone has to search for email every 5 minutes where Blackberries were there as soon as the email was sent.

And how the hell do you do a bulk delete of the email?? I'm deleting each one individually.....time consuming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom