Just who the hell is Dan Gardner anyways?

Zee

Supportive Member
Dan;

We made a few of stainless like this one ;
vacy.jpg

Only a sales person likes that type of Y connector....Why is it so hard to just make the Y with two parallel parts connecting together? What pictured here is lame: It holds the two hoses away from each other and its harder to keep them laying nice and neat.

Professionally done blue print patent pending trademark filed AK47 protected

Screenshot_2014-12-27-17-01-35.png

Last edited:
I can't imagine anything as interesting as the thickness of metal. Unless it's painting walls and cleaning windows.
Marty, the next time you take a flight on a jet aircraft, consider that the engineer made the aluminum skin absolutely as thin as possible to save weight, yet just thick enough that it would contain the cabin pressurization without splitting like a frozen Coke can. Yup - a few thou makes the difference between a comfy ride and frozen death as you fall.... More interesting now?

If you're fabricating fittings you want them to last (thicker) and yet you want to maximize airflow (thinner). And I rather enjoy painting walls - with an airless :biggrin:

Marty, the next time you take a flight on a jet aircraft, consider that the engineer made the aluminum skin absolutely as thin as possible to save weight, yet just thick enough that it would contain the cabin pressurization without splitting like a frozen Coke can. Yup - a few thou makes the difference between a comfy ride and frozen death as you fall.... More interesting now?

If you're fabricating fittings you want them to last (thicker) and yet you want to maximize airflow (thinner). And I rather enjoy painting walls - with an airless :biggrin:
I have three engineers for neighbors. They're about as interesting to talk to as Forsythe.

I measured the tube thickness of the elbow. It is 1.84mm. Is that about same as 16 gauge?
I found a thickness / gauge chart on line. Looks like it would be closer to 13 gauge.
took the calipers to my Greenie fittings
Tank lid elbow (Same/identical as Shane's) is .062"
Couldn't get to the 2.5 to 2 hose connector, but found a straight one (2.5" ) in the parts tub in the garage ...it's a bit thinner at .050"
Yeah - I was getting my gauges confused between steel and aluminum - they're different.

Shane's 1.84 mm (0.072) is pretty close to 13 gauge
Larry's .062 is 'bout 14 gauge and the .050 would be 16 gauge, for aluminum anyways.

I guess I'll see if an aluminum 16 gauge elbow will hold up under use or not....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
I have three engineers for neighbors. They're about as interesting to talk to as Forsythe.
Buddy of mine is an engineer. His wife left him (for her sister's husband LOL), she said his lovemaking was too "mechanical". That makes me think of Mr. Machine. I don't know why I think it's funny.
near_cosplay___mr__machine_by_splitmindbunny-d6peb86.jpg

Larry Cobb

Supportive Member
The Tee is 2.5" (not available at TSC , No nylon barbs either) Plenty of airflow;

and we also have done stainless steel , as I illustrated above.

Greenie is long gone !