Just who the hell is Dan Gardner anyways?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I measured the tube thickness of the elbow. It is 1.84mm. Is that about same as 16 gauge?

I found a thickness / gauge chart on line. Looks like it would be closer to 13 gauge.

took the calipers to my Greenie fittings
Tank lid elbow (Same/identical as Shane's) is .062"
Couldn't get to the 2.5 to 2 hose connector, but found a straight one (2.5" ) in the parts tub in the garage ...it's a bit thinner at .050"

Yeah - I was getting my gauges confused between steel and aluminum - they're different.

Shane's 1.84 mm (0.072) is pretty close to 13 gauge
Larry's .062 is 'bout 14 gauge and the .050 would be 16 gauge, for aluminum anyways.

I guess I'll see if an aluminum 16 gauge elbow will hold up under use or not....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have three engineers for neighbors. They're about as interesting to talk to as Forsythe.

Buddy of mine is an engineer. His wife left him (for her sister's husband LOL), she said his lovemaking was too "mechanical". That makes me think of Mr. Machine. I don't know why I think it's funny.
near_cosplay___mr__machine_by_splitmindbunny-d6peb86.jpg

Reactions: hogjowl

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Exactly... That 90 degree T will cause a lot of confused air.

Sometimes I wonder if Cobb is trolling us or he's actually seriously putting stuff like that on his shelf for sale.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The Tee is 2.5" (not available at TSC , No nylon barbs either) Plenty of airflow;

and we also have done stainless steel , as I illustrated above.

Greenie is long gone !

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
but most of these guys are too cheap to buy any . . .
I'd agree some guys are too cheap.

However I think most here will spend what ever it costs if they see a value in it. You have guys here regularly drop hundreds and often thousands on tools and equipment to make their job easier.

So the million dollar question is...do they see a value in it? :icon_question:

Back
Top Bottom