Just who the hell is Dan Gardner anyways?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
You really think there is a market? Lisa always said they broke even or lost money on every one they sold.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well, I'm not sure if there is a market(there should be).. I have read the same as you, and cleaners are REALLY cheap! There should be a market when these things make your TM a powerhouse(at or above24 horse with a #4 blower)!! At the same time I wrench on locals shit(for fun really) and not sure they could even point out any component other then the engine..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Those aluminium connectors slowly but surely crack and keep falling apart. I have a few from Greenie and I found that I always have to snip off the ends where its cracking and bending (restricting flow). Chems are for sure not helping..

I would do stainless too instead of aluminium.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Those aluminium connectors slowly but surely crack and keep falling apart. I have a few from Greenie and I found that I always have to snip off the ends where its cracking and bending (restricting flow). Chems are for sure not helping..

I would do stainless too instead of aluminium.

I haven't seen this yet but I haven't checked out my Y splitter from Greenie on the 2008 unit

Definitely going to take a look at this

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have been using one Greenies 2.5X2 reducer(I don't believe it was anodized) for at least 7 years and it is still in good shape even though it gets drug across the ground daily. I also use 3 of his anodized 2.5 elbows. Just a little corrosion inside where it is welded to the fastener plate.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I found this to happen with the 2.5"to 2" reducers. Definitely get messed up over time.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have been using one Greenies 2.5X2 reducer(I don't believe it was anodized) for at least 7 years and it is still in good shape even though it gets drug across the ground daily

same here
But my TM doesn't see near the hours most do

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Here it is. Just setting up to a 3000sqft tile grout job right now.
You can see the connector is shorter already as I cut it before. I'm sure the occasional drop to the ground doesn't help...but it definitely cracks and bends. Perhaps the El D has toooo much heat and suction... :lol: :lol:

DSC_0283.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Interesting! Looks like pretty thin material. I ordered some 16 gauge material, maybe it will last longer?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My reducer is protected by the vinyl hose cuff and starter Cool Cuff so it still looks good on the outside.
IMG_0348_zps9f821f87.jpg
The inside shows no sign of corrosion.
IMG_0351_zps788f082d.jpg
The anodized elbow is in great shape. A little corrosion on inside weld and some of the anodize finish is wearing off the inside.
IMG_0353_zpsbbe3413d.jpg
IMG_0355_zps35d06946.jpg

Reactions: dgardner

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I know the hole I made in the lid looks ugly. It's stainless steel and I didn't want to ruin my holes saw so I cut it out with a metal blade and jigsaw.:(

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I know the hole I made in the lid looks ugly. It's stainless steel and I didn't want to ruin my holes saw so I cut it out with a metal blade and jigsaw.:(
It does the job, that's what's important. Stainless will sure eat holesaws, just ask Bawb. Looks like your tubing is 16 gauge, that's good information!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It does the job, that's what's important. Stainless will sure eat holesaws, just ask Bawb. Looks like your tubing is 16 gauge, that's good information!
I measured the tube thickness of the elbow. It is 1.84mm. Is that about same as 16 gauge?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
took the calipers to my Greenie fittings
Tank lid elbow (Same/identical as Shane's) is .062"
Couldn't get to the 2.5 to 2 hose connector, but found a straight one (2.5" ) in the parts tub in the garage ...it's a bit thinner at .050"

.L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Dan;

We made a few of stainless like this one ;
vacy.jpg

Only a sales person likes that type of Y connector....Why is it so hard to just make the Y with two parallel parts connecting together? What pictured here is lame: It holds the two hoses away from each other and its harder to keep them laying nice and neat.

Professionally done blue print patent pending trademark filed AK47 protected

Screenshot_2014-12-27-17-01-35.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I can't imagine anything as interesting as the thickness of metal. Unless it's painting walls and cleaning windows.

Marty, the next time you take a flight on a jet aircraft, consider that the engineer made the aluminum skin absolutely as thin as possible to save weight, yet just thick enough that it would contain the cabin pressurization without splitting like a frozen Coke can. Yup - a few thou makes the difference between a comfy ride and frozen death as you fall.... More interesting now?

If you're fabricating fittings you want them to last (thicker) and yet you want to maximize airflow (thinner). And I rather enjoy painting walls - with an airless :biggrin:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Marty, the next time you take a flight on a jet aircraft, consider that the engineer made the aluminum skin absolutely as thin as possible to save weight, yet just thick enough that it would contain the cabin pressurization without splitting like a frozen Coke can. Yup - a few thou makes the difference between a comfy ride and frozen death as you fall.... More interesting now?

If you're fabricating fittings you want them to last (thicker) and yet you want to maximize airflow (thinner). And I rather enjoy painting walls - with an airless :biggrin:
I have three engineers for neighbors. They're about as interesting to talk to as Forsythe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom