Kunkle's gone Wild

G

Gnu

I bought a truckmount with the kunkle installed onto the tank. Well the shaft broke off the valve into the tank in the middle of a job. Unknown to me at the time. I get a call with a really pist off custy with over wet carpets in her rental unit. 3 days later!!!!

I immediatly offer to go to the rental and find out what went wrong. The unit is less than 7 minutes away. I explained that the water needs to be removed asap. Dehues need to be going dryer fans and deoderant, anti mold etc.. Im on my way....

She said no, I have to show the house and a few others. I dont have the time.... :shock:

Has anyone else ever have a kunkle shaft break????

And since she refused extraction and dehues, deo etc... To remedy the problem and to fix the issues.
Would I still be liable since she refused the remediation process?? Ivebeensold

Scott Rogers

Why did you leave the job in the first place with out checking how dry it was? If it was that wet you certainly should have noticed.

Were you using a rotary extractor? If not how could you not notice the drop in vacuum?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I put a restrictor over the inlet side of the valve. Even with when the valve is open the vac won't go above 15hg.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If a Kunkle fails, they generally always fail open. Which is good, because otherwise they would implode your system.

Does your Kunkle look like this?

Kunkle%20ASME%20Bronze%20-%20Vacuum%20Safety%20Valve%20-%20Model%20215V.jpg

if so that is the proper unit for your machine, it it is tall and thin, it is not.

Take care,
lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom