Lady your nuts!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Sooo, go to clean for a new client few weeks ago. Get to her big fancy house(million+), as we start the walk through - she's starts questioning me about how much water we will use to clean 2 rooms and stairs(small job).

I tell her it won't be much(water) - we are only cleaning 2 rooms & stairs. She says,"well I could have had it done cheaper from someone that brings their own water. Okay - would you like me to leave? No, using my water is just another expense for me". Then she asks if well water will affect the cleaning(it wont)....... What? Your on a well and worried me using your water will affect your water bill? Your on a well, you don't get a water bill!

Then I remember pulling up to the house..... 5 guys putting water (features)fountains along her 200' driveway! Looooooool! Come on lady! Really?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
In these cases I explain that using their water does cost them. I understand that times are tough and you shouldn't be responsible for water I use. I actually will deduct the full cost of the water on the cleaning bill. I will do this after I clean of course so I can acuratly estimate the total number of gallons used. After the cleaning I always use 25 gallons and then give them a 5 cent discount. That is more than the cost of water in most cases.

If she is on a well then it is a little more technical. A pump for a large house could use 2kw an hour of electricity. Usually would pump 600 gallons in that time. if you use 25 gallons then you would consume about 60 watts of electricity. At 25 cents a watt (high end for heavy users, you would be responsible for a little less than 2 cents, Which I will gladly deduct from the final bill. Fair is Fair of course.

Funny, then these people will ask you to do an extra little entry rug, or doorway into a bedroom. Of course mame, fair is fair, you have about 5 square feet of extra carpet you want me to clean so it will be $1.75 tyvm.

Actually I would rather walk away from these people. Too many customers that will be willing to pay a fair price and appreciate your effort to waste time with someone like that.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
jcooper said:
Sooo, go to clean for a new client few weeks ago. Get to her big fancy house(million+), as we start the walk through - she's starts questioning me about how much water we will use to clean 2 rooms and stairs(small job).

I tell her it won't be much(water) - we are only cleaning 2 rooms & stairs. She says,"well I could have had it done cheaper from someone that brings their own water. Okay - would you like me to leave? No, using my water is just another expense for me". Then she asks if well water will affect the cleaning(it wont)....... What? Your on a well and worried me using your water will affect your water bill? Your on a well, you don't get a water bill!

Then I remember pulling up to the house..... 5 guys putting water (features)fountains along her 200' driveway! Looooooool! Come on lady! Really?

In a round-about way....she just wanted to see your hose.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I would have found a way to add to her bill so I could get out of there. I can't stand people like that.

PCCN

It never fails that the more affluent the customer, the cheaper the price they want.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
PCCN said:
It never fails that the more affluent the customer, the cheaper the price they want.

How do you think they got that way..........What's the proper puncuation for a rhetorical question??

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Talking about interesting clients.

today we went to a house that the residents said most of the spots were from years of mixed drinks and parties. When we started cleaning the lady I got out her camera and took about 30 or more pics of before and after shots. She watched the entire process like an eagle and (here is the kicker) She got out 2 halogen shop lights and scanned the carpet during and after cleaning to check for any flaws.

I thought we were never going to get out of that place.

Connor

Name
Connor
Tell them that your fee only includes fuel, chems and manpower. Water and such is a dollar a gallon if you have to bring it, unless they want to supply it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Connor said:
Tell them that your fee only includes fuel, chems and manpower. Water and such is a dollar a gallon if you have to bring it, unless they want to supply it.

So, water is your upsale?

Cooper,

It wasn't the cost of the water.

Likely she wasn't used to a cleaner needing to use her water.

She was REALLY saying," Even XYZ Carpet Cleaning company that charges less. Brings their own water and you don't? What is your freaking problem. Next time I'll just call XYZ Carpet Cleaning"

Bring your own water and step your service up a notch.

You'll look more professional.

It's just like having uniforms. Clients just expect it.

Do you ask you clients for blocks and tabs also?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
jcooper said:
No, using my water is just another expense for me". Then she asks if well water will affect the cleaning(it wont)....... What? Your on a well and worried me using your water will affect your water bill? Your on a well, you don't get a water bill!

That's when you get a real serious look on your face and tell her " Oh, well water we need to filter it with our special on board filter system pfff,.. just another expense for me!"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would tell her...Do you really want anyone to use the water from a 10 year old van that's been carrrying it around all day....or longer?

Do you know what grows in that stuff??

Wouldn't you feel better using the fresh water from your home?

Just sayin.

Fear works every time. :lol:

Ok, just kidding....don't crucify me or anything.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:
Fear works every time. :lol:

Kawasaki disease.
How OP'ers justify their method to homeowners, Since 1982.

Yeah, Chem Hack tought us that. I didn't go with it.

I went more with the inconvenience of having hoses stretched through your home, loud noises, wet carpets etc. I never pushed the mold growth thing either...Sometimes you just know better whether you know it or not.

Back
Top Bottom