Large amount of blood

beagleboy

How can I get rid of a large amount of blood in berber carpet? I already rinsed it a lot but it has returned. Any tips?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
call that Forest "there was blood everywhere" guy........
however....i'm purty sure that was his last post!
he was laughed off the board!

Reactions: Connor

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I would recommend using an enzyme spotter first before using an oxidizer. Give enzyme spotter pleanty of dwell time to work, and then rinse. Then apply an oxidizer to bleach out any remaining discoloration.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Wrap your self up in PPE, lift the carpet replace the pad, clean the back, dry it and reinstall it, clean the pile again with peroxide based cleaners and loads of 40 volume them leave a poultice on it to deal with any more wicking

Or you can try using a water claw to flush out the remaining blood.Most likely it will take a ton of flushing do leave a fan behind to dry the carpet.A poultice would be a good idea too but you'll have to let it dry before running the fan

Regardless of how you go about it, a few visits will be needed, so charge accordingly.

Make damn sure the person who bled out wasn't sick(aids)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's not uncommon for blood spots to return after spotting it.

In fact in the future I'd plan on two trips and build it into your price.

A large amount of blood is always questionable on whether you should spot it or remove it. If you do spot it, as Mike and Greg mentioned wear proper PPE. Bloodborne Pathogens training classes are available online very cheaply for added protection.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Like the other have said. When you have a large blood spot it almost always wicks up. Charge accordingly and educate the client how it is normal.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I have never had a blood job resurface. I hit it with regular prespray boosted with peroxide quite heavy when big enough spill. Have tried a lot of things including fels but the best I ever found is made by Steam Action called Super Charger (for what it's worth you can buy it from Godfathers Supply in the Salt Lake area) Here's a link http://www.steamaction.com/chemicals.html

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have never had a blood job resurface. I hit it with regular prespray boosted with peroxide quite heavy when big enough spill. Have tried a lot of things including fels but the best I ever found is made by Steam Action called Super Charger (for what it's worth you can buy it from Godfathers Supply in the Salt Lake area) Here's a link http://www.steamaction.com/chemicals.html

I know you like Clean for gum - works great on blood and rust too.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
THEN axe yorsef.....
if YOU would let YOUR two year old crawl
around on it..............afferwards????

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
You should clean back and front of carpet, replace pad also clean and disinfect subfloor and seal it replace tack strip if affected

Reactions: Scott Rogers

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We cut it out if it goes past the backing. Liability issues. Just got another one about an hour ago. Only about 1/2 mile from our home. Shotgun. Violent way to go. Massive overdose seems the most considerate, unless you are pissed at who finds you I suppose.
Al

Reactions: Scott Rogers

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Removing blood from carpet is similar to removing paint. It just keeps coming up and up and up... If the spot is over about 10 inches in diameter it is probably faster to cut it out if that is an option. If not rinse rinse rinse. It is more a matter of procedure than product. Mike's procedure sounds pretty thorough. I use Dynachem Fabric Brightner or 40 volume peroxide to test for residue. It will foam if there is still blood present.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom