Larry Cobb- question with pictures

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I didn't trash him on purpose but that type of comment personally infuriates me.

If I hear that from an employee, they are soon an EX-employees. Everything we do is hard, I know that! However I expect them to figure it out, if that means working longer and harder then so be it. If my support is needed then I'm more than willing to help BUT don't tell me "I can't do it right because it ain't easy". :angry:

As they say "if it were easy everyone would do it".

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Good grief, seriously? You can dish it out but can't take it? I am certainly not calling anyone names, but does anyone disagree with my last statement? Think thick skin, like Larry, remember? Anyway I try to take care of all customers like they are good friends, especially you guys. That will never change.

Oh Doc, lol, that is a comment, not an answer. Why so much negativity with no dog in this hunt?

Zee, give me a call buddy. That bucket looks funky. I would be happy to take care of you.
You know, come to think of it, that was the bucket with the cat turds in it. I apologize, you got that by mistake, that was supposed to go to Doc. :D

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Busy, gotta go
Ray

ps Hi Bill!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Okay, so we all see the bucket is bad and we all know Cobbs Carpet is in agreement. Why at this point does Zee need to call in. Send him some new shit and be done with it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok well he should have had 2 days to check it over...Lets hear from LARRY on this...(no offense Ray)

and also CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE LABELING!!!!!!!!!!

forgot it had instructions for a RINSE?????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...PRINT OUT SOME NEW LABELS!!!!!!

its not like you bought a whole slew of buckets with screen printing on them....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why so much negativity with no dog in this hunt?
Ray you posted something on a public bulletin board, it wasn't stated for customers only.

Sorry but something with that lame an excuse I couldn't just let get by. Seriously If you can't take an observers comments don't post it on the board, PM or email them direct.

Because it ain't easy to hold back my comments either.:p

Reactions: Ken Snow

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Agreed not only did Prochem but your distributor failed you too! Even if the manufacturer didn't then at the VERY LEAST your distributor should have!!!
To be sure, it was actually a cheap education, and not just for me. I'm pretty confidant I've cost them some bigger sales by advising others what happened to me. Why would anyone invest thousands of dollars into a machine when the company or it's distributor won't step up to the plate on a $200 bucket of chemicals? That's like me refusing to correct a carpet problem I caused.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Good grief, seriously? You can dish it out but can't take it? I am certainly not calling anyone names, but does anyone disagree with my last statement? Think thick skin, like Larry, remember? Anyway I try to take care of all customers like they are good friends, especially you guys. That will never change.

Oh Doc, lol, that is a comment, not an answer. Why so much negativity with no dog in this hunt?

Zee, give me a call buddy. That bucket looks funky. I would be happy to take care of you.
You know, come to think of it, that was the bucket with the cat turds in it. I apologize, you got that by mistake, that was supposed to go to Doc. :D

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Busy, gotta go
Ray

ps Hi Bill!

Hey Ray,

Before you made this post we had already placed an order this morning for a few buckets of powermax and a case of acid rinse. You could adjust that order before you ship it out. I will pm you more info. I just wanted everyone else to see that when I said I like powermax and Cobb's stuff I wasn't just talking.

Again, as far as this public form of conversation goes: this forum is here for carpet cleaners by carpet cleaners where we discuss and share opinions, issues and give advice or warning about pretty much anything. I don't think it was anything new regarding powermax problems...it was (as you read my comments in this thread) a question about something funky looking and the real life "applicableness" of the product.

Name
Nate W.
When I read the last comment that CrazyRay posted, the first thing that popped into my mind was the whole JonDon and Cole thread... I didn't think of you Zee at any point...

But I agree, text and words on a screen is hard to interpret... People take it, however they read it...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So I just ordered a bucket of PM and unlike the rest of you, if there's turds in it I'll probably not say a thing and take my loss, I just wouldn't order again.

Not to bash, but one thing I've seen from lesser manufacturers is inconsistency in their product's.

Chemspec, and Prochem I distributed for over 15 years and you always new what your getting. I tried a bunch of off brand stuff for less, the fillers always changed along with the color. It doesn't build confidence.

Raw materials in a product should always be the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for the record..I didn't mean brake rotors in the cement mixer
i was meaning old disc brake pads and caliper pistons

..L.T.A.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
This situation also shows something else interesting about Larry and his products.

On th surface it might appear like a good lashing, but the reality is, regardless of the issues Cobb's may have, most people like his products so much, that they remain loyal to him, and are always willing to give him another shot.
I think that considering the looks of that bucket Zee got, he had all the reason in the world to get all butt hurt, and make a huge stink about it, but he didn't.
What he didn't do was criticize Cobbs, or blow anything out of proportion, which again, he was very justified in doing if he chose to.

I think this says a lot about Larry and his products.

As far as this being a "Public" forum, no one other than a bunch of BD carpet cleaners and 1 plumber, who are all familiar with the true context surrounding all these issues, are going to take the time to spend more than a few minutes here before they become nauseas.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
The last two buckets Ive had looked like that. Always use rubber gloves when I mix Cobbs stuff. You never know what Crazy Ray will "toss" into the buckets. That is one sick dude.

Golden Boy

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Chemspec, and Prochem I distributed for over 15 years and you always new what your getting.

I call BULLSHIT:bull:

000_0013-1.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
200 techs 12 shops each distributing mostly powders and a lot of ultra pac more chemicals sold then you and 40 others will use in a lifetime. But ya your right one bucket and a lack of customer service makes you the man.

My point was clean green and dry slurry powdered form were always the same the same with powdered 90, I've never bought pails of liquid anything.

But if you had bought it from me I would have returned it no questions asked.

as long as it wasnt your fifth half empty bucket.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also how many threads beside's willy's are there questioning this????

compared to other suppliers?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The major point being I had only bought gallons up to that point and brought back the 5 gallon pail, minus less than a half gallon I had poured in a hurry one morning. I found the sludge when I was pouring the 5 gallons into singles. After taking that trash back to my distributor I was told too bad. tough luck. I called Chandler, Arizona and got exactly the same bullshit runaround." It'll still work, you just have to shake it and stir it." Not my job, nor can I shake a 5 gallon pail. I gave them ample opportunity to make it right, they told me to go away. Not a company I would choose to deal with, and I warn everyone I can about a piss poor customer service policy. It's a shame they are pulling this garbage as it's costing them a whole lot more than just doing the right thing in the first place. I remember Prochem when Joe Doman would take the time to answer questions and help with problems.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many years ago we had the same issue with Steamway's Formula "O", great product until we started getting a pound of crystals at the bottom of empty 5-gallon pails.

Same message it's ok to use. When the next order had the same problem, we switched chems after that order. Not sure what went wrong, maybe it shouldn't have been sold in 5's? Maybe gallons would have been ok, either way we were not comfortable with the answer.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I had a few of the "turds" in some batches. I just threw 'em out and moved on. I figure my prespray has some character!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Zee;

I appreciate photos of the PowerMax showing any discoloration.

ALL of our chemical products are sold with a satisfaction guarantee.

Ray is going to give you full credit for the discolored pail.

I would like to say a little about our mixing process.

One we inspect all raw materials that are used in our chemical blending operation.

Some of these are natural products like d'Limonene in the PowerMax.

It comes from Florida half the year, and Brazil the other half.

Depending on growing conditions, it will vary from "water clear" to "orange".

This provides the basic color of our PowerMax.

For the last year, we have been committed to improving the fragrance of the PowerMax.

In addition to the "citrus' scent" we utilize a couple of other fragrance materials.

The last addition to the fragrance package, is the longest lasting fragrance in the product.

It is the main fragrance ingredient in Vanilla.

It does however have one particular quirk.

It can turn dark brown with exposed to light with time.

That is what I think caused the discoloration.

It should still have the fragrance apparent.

After all the powder ingredients are mixed completely,

the liquid ingredients are sprayed blended in the horizontal 900# SS Mixer as the powder is falling from the vertical tumbling.

Last the oxidizer and powder fragrance ingredients are added.

The final blend is mixed again for 25 minutes.

We strive to produce the best powder prespray on the market,

and will continue to improve the process.

Larry

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Larry, have you considered reducing the batch amount in the 900 pound mixer to allow better mixing? Glad to hear Zee is getting taken care of but next time this should be done out the gate and this wouldn't of been a pissing contest.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That's funny Dan, I was thinking 900 lb mixer is tiny for a manufacturer. Our liquid ss mixer is 500 gallon or about 3500 lb of liquid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
That's funny Dan, I was thinking 900 lb mixer is tiny for a manufacturer. Our liguid as mixer is 500 gallon or about 3500 lb of liquid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The best whiskey is made in small batches.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
For the last year, we have been committed to improving the fragrance of the PowerMax.

There was nothing wrong with the citrus fragrance.
Customers loved the smell and commented about how nice it smelled.

New and improved is not always better.
You should stick with the tried and true.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There was nothing wrong with the citrus fragrance.
Customers loved the smell and commented about how nice it smelled.

New and improved is not always better.
You should stick with the tried and true.

True.......I have gotten more complements on the smell then anything else........everyone has always liked the way the carpets turned out and how soft they were......

PM has proved itself over and over again.........why in the world would anyone want to change something that worked so good..........?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom