Larry Cobbs wand

Name
jack zerkie
Received the new low budget wand$ 229.00 plus shipping. The wand is shorter than the other two jet wand that Iv,e been using, both 1.5 hose and 12 wide for old guys like me. I cleaned a vacant unit with berber and started with the old Cobb wand two jets 110-03 and glide the carpet cleaned good. Then used the new Cobb wand with two 110-02 jets and a metal glide, this wand cleaned better and drier, but had a problem with pulling the wand on the back stroke due to the berber carpet but was not a problem with the other wand with the white glide. The white glides slide better , but the metal glide removes more moisture as it has a larger open bottom.
The next job was also empty but had no power, the cleaning people were to vacum but it never happend so the new wand made a big difference, the old wand only picks up moisture with the white glide. The new wand picks up everything, had to clean the base a few times from all the hairs. I will use the new wand as much as I can and only use the old wand as needed. The light weight is great to use all day, and for the low price its well worth the money. Easier and drier. Thank you Larry Cobb!

Name
John LaBarbera
JACK ZERKIE said:
Received the new low budget wand$ 229.00 plus shipping. The wand is shorter than the other two jet wand that Iv,e been using, both 1.5 hose and 12 wide for old guys like me. I cleaned a vacant unit with berber and started with the old Cobb wand two jets 110-03 and glide the carpet cleaned good. Then used the new Cobb wand with two 110-02 jets and a metal glide, this wand cleaned better and drier, but had a problem with pulling the wand on the back stroke due to the berber carpet but was not a problem with the other wand with the white glide. The white glides slide better , but the metal glide removes more moisture as it has a larger open bottom.
The next job was also empty but had no power, the cleaning people were to vacum but it never happend so the new wand made a big difference, the old wand only picks up moisture with the white glide. The new wand picks up everything, had to clean the base a few times from all the hairs. I will use the new wand as much as I can and only use the old wand as needed. The light weight is great to use all day, and for the low price its well worth the money. Easier and drier. Thank you Larry Cobb!

How about a picture?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
John, I finished converting a 2" wand with your gun kit today. I'm going to convert an other tomorrow. I don't know if it is possible or not from your supplier. But, the gun needs 4 holes drilled through the top threaded plastic. So, the bolts supplied can go through the plastic to the bracket.

Name
John LaBarbera
Dave Yoakum said:
John, I finished converting a 2" wand with your gun kit today. I'm going to convert an other tomorrow. I don't know if it is possible or not from your supplier. But, the gun needs 4 holes drilled through the top threaded plastic. So, the bolts supplied can go through the plastic to the bracket.

I'll have them drill for you on the next one. Be sure tp ask Belinda to make sure it is drilled.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jack;

Thanks for the report.

We did modify the jet pattern to obtain more even spray across the width,
and gain jet angle adjustment:
ezwands.jpg
SSglides.jpg

The effort to operate this wand is considerably less than a standard "AW-29" type,

but more than a Teflon glide.

I like the smooth cast head & SS glide "airflow characteristics".

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the angle on that looks like you gotta be 5'3" to work it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
John LaBarbera said:
floorguy said:
the angle on that looks like you gotta be 5'3" to work it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
How can you tell with out see the rest of the tube?

I hope it has a helluva "S" bend to it...

cuz that little picture, looks as if you were to tip it up...ehhhhh no sucky suck 5 dolla

Name
John LaBarbera
floorguy said:
John LaBarbera said:
floorguy said:
How can you tell with out see the rest of the tube?

I hope it has a helluva "S" bend to it...

cuz that little picture, looks as if you were to tip it up...ehhhhh no sucky suck 5 dolla

It fit an average size guy like the low cost S/S wands out there. This wand is much better quality.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Today, I checked the height of the new wand . . .

when the glide is flat on the floor.

It is the same valve height (~36") as the AW-29 style wand (made by CMP),

when wand lips are flat on the floor (AW29 is longer in total length)

The AW-29 is the most widely used wand in our industry.

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jimmy;

The Bentley is still my favorite wand.

I think this 12" wand is the best available under $230.

A GG is available for both.

Larry

Name
John LaBarbera
Larry Cobb said:
Jimmy;

The Bentley is still my favorite wand.

I think this 12" wand is the best available under $230.

A GG is available for both.

Larry

This new wand surely beats the flimsy S/S wands out there. For those who use 1 1/2" it will work very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom