Late nite fun w/pics

Name
BradFenstermaker
Well I had some fun doing three locations last nite. Haven't been cleaned since Feb.

Glad they called to clean again, guess they sold enough burgers. Used do every month now they say probably be every other month.

Presprayed with Cleanstreak then scrubbed and rinsed with high heat and Dry Slurry.

Before when I walked in not presprayed. DOH!

Wendys002-2.jpg

Wendys003-1.jpg

Scrubbin with the minuteman

Wendys005-1.jpg

Wendys007-1.jpg

After the rinse

Wendys009-1.jpg

Wendys010.jpg

Later

I used to have a minute man 175. I used it on every single job, but it got stollen off my truck and I replaced it with an EDIC Saturn. Now I use the 175 about once a month. The Saturn is heavier and does not run as smooth. I really want a minute man except for the latch. Cleaning restaurants is a walk in the park. Any good enzyme prespray will cut through the grease with ease. I think a post pad would be more beneficial than a pre-scrub.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Daniel on this job the pre-spray was sittin on top of the grime. Brad is Nationally Ranked Carpet Cleaner. He did the right thing. Pre-Scrub was a must. The only thing I would have done different was Pre-Scrub with a Green Pad. Daniel if you ever want to be a Nationally Ranked Carpet Cleaner a Pre-Scrub is a must. Scrub and run guys need not apply.

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
That carpet has a very fine denier, Waldo. A green pad is too aggressive.

You can't learn those professional details doing this part-time.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Porky they are moving all the tables and chairs prior to me arriving this go around.

Daniel this location was hammered. I hear ya on its easy to clean resty's. When I sprayed it just sat on top so it had to be scrubbed. Why do the slow pull cleaning pass when you don't have to?

Time is money and the truck ran less doing it this way.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Dang, Brad. You have those guys trained, don't you?

It would be fun to do a restaurant if I didn't have to move booths and pick up straws, tooth picks and french fries from under them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Did the Wendy's pay you more than $90 to do it?

:shock:

I clean a lot of dirty restaurants and agree a pre scrub and post pad is a good idea, but not feasable when you are cleaning 3 thousand square feet for 450 and you are trying to get the job done with one truck in 4 hours. Powerburst applied heavy will cut right through the grease unless they have not had the place cleaned in years. I did clean an auto dealership a couple weeks ago and had to presrub with a green pad and then post pad it. They were paying me good enough that I did not mind spending a little extra time to get perfect results, but please don't ever call me a suck and run cleaner because I can run circles around most of the fat out of shape old timers on this board. I run a first class referral only carpet cleaning service in a city with 10,000 plus carpet cleaners and janitorial services and give customers exactly what they want.

You did a great job by the way Brad

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Waldo said:
Daniel on this job the pre-spray was sittin on top of the grime. Brad is Nationally Ranked Carpet Cleaner. He did the right thing. Pre-Scrub was a must. The only thing I would have done different was Pre-Scrub with a Green Pad. Daniel if you ever want to be a Nationally Ranked Carpet Cleaner a Pre-Scrub is a must. Scrub and run guys need not apply.

Golden Boy

Nope.

Actually the only thing that is required is to talk big on the board.

Once you do, that's it. You are set for life.
You don't have to carry a vacuum cleaner in your van, you don't have to break a sweat, for that matter you don't even have to have a van.

You just have to keep talking.
It's self perpetuating.
Carramba!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
With that type of commercial nylon carpet a good prespray and Steam would have done just as good a job. I do them all the time, I think you wasted some time using a srubber on that carpet but, to each his own. I hope you charged enough doing it that way.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jaimie what is your resty prespray of choice?

Maybe I wasted 10 min but the end result is what I am after. Thanks for the reply.

danielc said:
I clean a lot of dirty restaurants and agree a pre scrub and post pad is a good idea, but not feasable when you are cleaning 3 thousand square feet for 450 and you are trying to get the job done with one truck in 4 hours. Powerburst applied heavy will cut right through the grease unless they have not had the place cleaned in years. I did clean an auto dealership a couple weeks ago and had to presrub with a green pad and then post pad it. They were paying me good enough that I did not mind spending a little extra time to get perfect results, but please don't ever call me a suck and run cleaner because I can run circles around most of the fat out of shape old timers on this board. I run a first class referral only carpet cleaning service in a city with 10,000 plus carpet cleaners and janitorial services and give customers exactly what they want.

.15 cents per sf

You might want to use a cimex so you can make some money.

TimP

admiralclean said:
That carpet has a very fine denier, Waldo. A green pad is too aggressive.

You can't learn those professional details doing this part-time.

Also don't forget that that there are other less aggresive pads inbetween.

It goes white-red-blue-green......

TimP

Chris Muetterties said:
danielc said:

.15 cents per sf

You might want to use a cimex so you can make some money.

I don't know about you but I can make money at .15 a square doing cgd. You just wont make 100 an hour....more like 75 ish range if you don't stand around and get your but in gear, that's single wand and single man too.

Hey Chris, I must be doing something right. I own two nice fully rigged trucks most cleaners would love to have, tons of equipment, two sweet houses, and lots of toys all completely paid for. Thats right. No mortgage, truck-mount payment, yellow page ad, valpak etc. I don't advertise and have a large database full of great customers and clear 6 figures working a couple days a week. I like having time off and not killing myself. I started my company in 2002 with 1500 dollars to my name and I am now close to a millionaire on paper. I will gladly take the 450 every 2 WEEKS along with 4 other restaurants done monthly for 350 from one owner that owns these 5 restaurnats that pay me CASH. Some of you guys kill me with all the dog and pony stuff cleaning carpet. I work 3 days a week and sometimes more, but I average around 2000 a week PROFIT. I invest wisely and if you read some of my old posts you will see I told everyone on this board to hedge their fuel costs several months ago when gas was below 1.50 a gallon. I invested 10,000 dollars and have doubled my investment since then and have gladly taken profits on that trade. If you can't make a profit putting 450 cash in your pocket for 4 hours work using 15 dollars in fuel and chemicals, you might want to consider another profession.

Bob Foster

Thank you Greg er I mean Daniel. It's what you do with the moola that makes the difference.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Brad,
Results look great! Which pad did you use with your 175 for this job? I run into new clients where this is probably what I need to do. I can get the same results with a wand but it takes a l o n g time. I have a Versa Pro that I seldom use and would like to get a little more ROI for it.

Great Job

Billy
http://www.cleancarpetwizards.com

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
BradFenstermaker said:
Jaimie what is your resty prespray of choice?

Maybe I wasted 10 min but the end result is what I am after. Thanks for the reply.

I usally use Quake from Hydramaster, works great on grease industrial and food grease, I'm not criticizing your job, looks great
but, To me the srubber was unnessary with that type of carpet, Unless you had a helper with you and needed to give him somthing to do.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
danielc said:
Hey Chris, I must be doing something right. I own two nice fully rigged trucks most cleaners would love to have, tons of equipment, two sweet houses, and lots of toys all completely paid for. Thats right. No mortgage, truck-mount payment, yellow page ad, valpak etc. I don't advertise and have a large database full of great customers and clear 6 figures working a couple days a week. I like having time off and not killing myself. I started my company in 2002 with 1500 dollars to my name and I am now close to a millionaire on paper. I will gladly take the 450 every 2 WEEKS along with 4 other restaurants done monthly for 350 from one owner that owns these 5 restaurnats that pay me CASH. Some of you guys kill me with all the dog and pony stuff cleaning carpet. I work 3 days a week and sometimes more, but I average around 2000 a week PROFIT. I invest wisely and if you read some of my old posts you will see I told everyone on this board to hedge their fuel costs several months ago when gas was below 1.50 a gallon. I invested 10,000 dollars and have doubled my investment since then and have gladly taken profits on that trade. If you can't make a profit putting 450 cash in your pocket for 4 hours work using 15 dollars in fuel and chemicals, you might want to consider another profession.

:? Shut up!! Obama wants money from you rich guys.

Billy, or The Wizard from Kentucky, you just answered or convinced me that buying a 90,000 dollar machine is really insane. You say your Vortex takes a long time to clean with using a wand and you say you have to pre-srub some jobs. We all might as well use portables. Atleast the carpet will get a good pre-scrub on each and every job. For those of you who have never run a Minute Man, they are the smoothest running buffers on carpet. I wish I had mine back.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Waldo said:

Golden Boy

Don't don't know what kind of prespray you use but that carpet would have cleaned up beautifully with out a srcubber, Maybe you should switch presprays :wink:

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jimmy I did get over 90 bones but not by much. They must have that same beautiful carpet up there?

Billy I used just a white pad for use on VCT. That's what was on the truck and also use them to encap with. White is pretty safe, you can go with a beige for more aggression.

Not a big fan of using the heavy duty green and red pads, I'm skeered of them.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
"I have two accounts that I do every two weeks that are literally killing my lower back and joints. My prochem 4 jet wand is useless on these jobs. I have to use the RX on the main areas and the wand on the other areas..." -Daniel

Daniel a Pre-Scrub might help this problem.

Or better yet stick with what you posted to Chris.

"I like having time off and not killing myself"- Daniel

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom