Lazy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wish a company would change my mind. I’d love to not pull hoses and spend tons of money on truckmounts.

I’d shout VLM praises if a company could sell me on it. Maybe things have changed in the last couple years.
Your thinking is all fooked up. Vlm will never replace hwe for cleaning residential carpets, no matter how many smart cars with orecks you see out there. There is a place for it on light to moderately soiled carpet where drying time is a concern.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Mikey P

Administrator
There's a video of an IICRC class where the instructor was saying everyone did a certain area in the convention center. Host did the best job at a convention, where everyone chose the worst spot for the Host representative. The instructor said there is no one best system.

I talked with Anthony Hernandez who did the Mikey's Board event in Atlanta (at least I think it was Atlanta), (It's on the video where they show how much sand & dirt the CRB picked up).
He went head to head with Mr. Saiger in the entry of the hotel.
He said he used his Trinity for 9 minutes, boom clean.
After 9 hours of HWE the other guy cleaned both sides so that you couldn't see a winner. Lol.
Since then Mike and Mark both use Trinity's. Not solely, but when it's best.
I like how Mark tries out every type of equipment.

Why do certain people talk trash about something someone else has learned. And persist in calling them a sell-out. Reminds me of people calling other people a rascist. You can't disprove crap like that, and it's disrespectful. It reminds me of someone using swear words because that is the scope of their vocabulary.

Like you said, there is room for both. A contractor would go broke using only a circular saw because he couldn't do finish carpentry. You won't hear a good contractor bad-mouthing other equipment, because he knows what he is talking about. Psst, anyone who says there is a better vlm machine than the Trinity on carpet, doesn't know how to use the tool or what he is talking about (in my humble opinion).
Are you sure that story about host wasn't involving a roller skating rink

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

FredC

Village Idiot
After 9 hours of HWE the other guy cleaned both sides so that you couldn't see a winner. Lol.
lol....I guess that is one way to tell that story.....

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
There's a video of an IICRC class where the instructor was saying everyone did a certain area in the convention center. Host did the best job at a convention, where everyone chose the worst spot for the Host representative. The instructor said there is no one best system.

I talked with Anthony Hernandez who did the Mikey's Board event in Atlanta (at least I think it was Atlanta), (It's on the video where they show how much sand & dirt the CRB picked up).

Why do certain people talk trash about something someone else has learned. And persist in calling them a sell-out. Reminds me of people calling other people a rascist. You can't disprove crap like that, and it's disrespectful. It reminds me of someone using swear words because that is the scope of their vocabulary.

Like you said, there is room for both. A contractor would go broke using only a circular saw because he couldn't do finish carpentry. You won't hear a good contractor bad-mouthing other equipment, because he knows what he is talking about. Psst, anyone who says there is a better vlm machine than the Trinity on carpet, doesn't know how to use the tool or what he is talking about (in my humble opinion).
Pretty sure the cases you mentioned were about cleaning commercial glue down carpet?

I only clean commercial carpet with VLM. That’s what VLM was made for!! I’ve never pulled hoses on a commercial job. VLM is superior there.

Residential carpet is a completely different animal.

Comparing this to racism?

You’re a damn dumb ass for writing that.

Condog

Name
Tony
Pretty sure the cases you mentioned were about cleaning commercial glue down carpet?

I only clean commercial carpet with VLM. That’s what VLM was made for!! I’ve never pulled hoses on a commercial job. VLM is superior there.

Residential carpet is a completely different animal.

Comparing this to racism?

You’re a damn dumb ass for writing that.
Comparing calling someone a sell-out to a manufacturer to a person calling someone a rascist, something unprovable, yet defamatory is adequate.

I'm not sure if you intentionally distort facts, or if the statement is beyond your comprehension. You were able to pick up on the idea that you were the one that fit the description, so I lean to you interpreting the facts to your benefit.

No one said anyone was a rascist in this blog.

Yeah, I can be a dumbass, but it takes one to know one. Hello.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

My first response to you was deleted.

Bottom line is your cleaning scenarios were on commercial carpet.

VLM is superior on commercial carpet... period.

Residential carpet is a completely different thing.

Would you VLM upholstery?

Don’t compare carpet cleaning to racism.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Comparing calling someone a sell-out to a manufacturer to a person calling someone a rascist, something unprovable, yet defamatory is adequate.

I'm not sure if you intentionally distort facts, or if the statement is beyond your comprehension. You were able to pick up on the idea that you were the one that fit the description, so I lean to you interpreting the facts to your benefit.

I still clean most cgd with hwe. Most practical in many situations. Where it's not practical, I use vlm. Both work well. All depends on access.

Condog

Name
Tony
My first response to you was deleted.

Bottom line is your cleaning scenarios were on commercial carpet.

VLM is superior on commercial carpet... period.

Residential carpet is a completely different thing.

Would you VLM upholstery?

Don’t compare carpet cleaning to racism.
I apologize for being offensive. I can get hangry.
Borrowed this from one of my friends.
1602282366581.png

Have a good one FDA (pointed statement at me not you).

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

I simply made it clear that running a pad over some residential carpet is no good. Doesn’t mean I’m right. That’s what makes this forum fun... we argue... all in fun.

You somehow turned this into a really absurd version of the fun this forum is supposed to be.

Then you made it personal, not fun personal as per usual here, but personal personal.

I don’t care, as I can likely kick your ass.

That said, it’s just carpet cleaning. And, using VLM on residential carpet is a hack move. Try to remove household soap products from residential carpet with a pad.

You’re fairly articulate in a white trash way, so I could potentially like you.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Fights over. Go back to your corner and lick your wounds.
Because you said so?

Did you also get a free Trinity and all the sudden start using it to help Betty Homemaker pull dog piss, kid puke and etc out of her carpet?

Yep, Betty does a good job with her Target-bought machine to make her carpet “look” clean, so might as well run a pad over it because it’s “clean”.

Long as you sleep at night.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Because you said so?

Did you also get a free Trinity and all the sudden start using it to help Betty Homemaker pull dog piss, kid puke and etc out of her carpet?

Yep, Betty does a good job with her Target-bought machine to make her carpet “look” clean, so might as well run a pad over it because it’s “clean”.

Long as you sleep at night.
Now you're just being an asshole. Nobody ever said it was the best machine for dog piss, kid puke or whatever. It will freshen up your carpet, make it look nice. Up to the professional carpet cleaner, (which you're obviously not) to decide when and where he can effectively use it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Now you're just being an asshole. Nobody ever said it was the best machine for dog piss, kid puke or whatever. It will freshen up your carpet, make it look nice. Up to the professional carpet cleaner, (which you're obviously not) to decide when and where he can effectively use it.

Do you always know what is in residential carpet? Have you ever emptied your waste tank and were surprised at what you saw? The waste tank doesn’t take sides.

Professional carpet cleaner as in, “whatever is easier for me”?

Yep, I can definitely be an asshole, but at least I’m real.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you always know what is in residential carpet. Haven’t you ever emptied your waste tank and was surprised at what you saw? The waste tank doesn’t take sides.

Professional carpet cleaner as in, “whatever is easier for me”?

Yep, I can definitely be an asshole, but at least I’m real.
If you think hwe removes 100% of everything, you're sadly mistaken. It becomes a judgement call. When a dog pees on a carpet, by the the time a customer calls you and you schedule it in, the liquid in the urine has evaporated, leaving behind crystallized salts. Hitting that with hwe can dehumidify that causing a foul odor that you will be blamed for. Using an orbital machine with an absorbent pad can remove the stain without causing a reactivation of the odor. Unless you are going to use a water claw and treat that stain thoroughly, what do you think your customer will prefer?

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
If you think hwe removes 100% of everything, you're sadly mistaken. It becomes a judgement call. When a dog pees on a carpet, by the the time a customer calls you and you schedule it in, the liquid in the urine has evaporated, leaving behind crystallized salts. Hitting that with hwe can dehumidify that causing a foul odor that you will be blamed for. Using an orbital machine with an absorbent pad can remove the stain without causing a reactivation of the odor. Unless you are going to use a water claw and treat that stain thoroughly, what do you think your customer will prefer?
I had lots of callbacks on piss jobs when I ran a pad over carpet and thought chems would handle it.

Now, I use a rotary extractor on piss jobs and don’t get callbacks.

Actually, I’ve had two callbacks, but those were awful and the carpet couldn’t be saved.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had lots of callbacks on piss jobs when I ran a pad over carpet and thought chems would handle it.

Now, I use a rotary extractor on piss jobs and don’t get callbacks.

Actually, I’ve had two callbacks, but those were awful and the carpet couldn’t be saved.
Only an idiot would use vlm on piss jobs.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Only an idiot would use vlm on piss jobs.
Bingo!

How do you know when piss is in the carpet??

What if the customer catches the piss soon after it happens and runs their Walmart machine over the piss?

You may never know there’s piss in the carpet, as the Walmart machine took care of the topical part (VLM).

That, sir, is why I HWE all residential carpet.

I mean, seriously, if a customer paid attention, do you think they’d really want to pay you for running a chamois over their carpet?

If you VLM residential carpet, you’re either cheap, lazy or both.

I do post-pad piss jobs occasionally just to dry the carpet faster. That’s a great use of VLM tactics.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Bingo!

How do you know when piss is in the carpet??

What if the customer catches the piss soon after it happens and runs their Walmart machine over the piss?

You may never know there’s piss in the carpet, as the Walmart machine took care of the topical part (VLM).

That, sir, is why I HWE all residential carpet.

I mean, seriously, if a customer paid attention, do you think they’d really want to pay you for running a chamois over their carpet?

If you VLM residential carpet, you’re either cheap, lazy or both.

I do post-pad piss jobs occasionally just to dry the carpet faster. That’s a great use of VLM tactics.
I am not an advocate of vlm on residential. Yet I do have some customers where I see it could be a good option. I don't believe Mikey is going to trade in his 370 for a trinity machine anytime soon. You have to choose the right tool for the job.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
By the way, Mikey doesn’t need to trade in his 370 for a Trinity, because TOPPZZ already gave him at least one for free, for shilling purposes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom