Learning QuickBooks?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought Quickbooks last year and never really used it. It's the PC version for 2013. Well, we are forming an S Corp and our accountant will be taking a bigger role as bookkeeper.

Where do I begin? Do I need a new version? This is a HUGE weakness of mine as I would rather suck rug all day than deal with paperwork for an hour. It makes me incredibly anxious.

I'm almost never at my PC. Maybe I need a laptop? My iPad would require QB online.

Any tips on how to get started?

Thanks.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: amygeorge

Becker

Name
Becker
2013 will work perfectly fine for you. I update every other year myself.

YouTube, Local community college classes, local trainers. Dive in and play with it. It is easy to learn, but learn by video and make a fake file business and learn.

Reactions: Russ T.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Most of it is pretty simple as far as line items and general data entry.

You should get wit your accountant as they may like to see things done a specific way.

For example where and what category to group expenses and so forth.

No harder than Call Of Duty Dude : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Try to hire an accountant to set it up the first time. This will allow you time to learn as you go.

You can ask around some of the businesses that you clean for, I bet someone would be willing to come by and help get you started.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sucks...

Hate doing admin work, watch the videos out there and just chip away at it. I still dont use half of it and its been like 15 years.

Name
cameron demille
Leave it to your accountant. I started with QB a couple years ago and I have actually learned quite a bit. I still butcher everything and finally conceded. My mom is our office controller and CPA (different company) and she controls it now. I can still do invoices and PO's, but she takes care of what needs to be done. Leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. It will save your ass if you ever get audited.

Name
cameron demille
I should add that I use QB online, which is very convenient for me, but accountants and CPAs hate it from what I hear, because it is very different. We were able to transfer all my online data to the desktop version. I still use online for what I need to do, and they do what they need to do on the desktop version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom