Leather Cleaning Pros

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have a client who has a leather sectional and a kid put permanent marker on it. We do offer basic cleaning and conditioning but I'm not going to even try to get this out. She said she was told not possible? I do not know the type of leather or color even as I was just asked about it and I didn't inquire. I told her I would post the question and see what I hear?

Thanks

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Man...respect to those that can deal with all that leather stuff. Tough work if you are a real pro and know the ins and outs. Especially if you are a person that thinks of the leather with a thought of the animal giving it to you and handle it with that type of respect.

PCCN

What is this - leather sectional week? I got a call today from a lady asking a price. When I told her I would need to see the furniture first she asked me if I thought it would be under $100. (Oh yeaaaa, I'm not a highend cleaner, but I do like to make a dollar.) I don't think she was happy with my answer. Maybe she will call "American Carpet Cleaners with the $6.95 per room postcard" for a price. :yawn:

Roger Koh

I have a client who has a leather sectional and a kid put permanent marker on it. We do offer basic cleaning and conditioning but I'm not going to even try to get this out. She said she was told not possible? I do not know the type of leather or color even as I was just asked about it and I didn't inquire. I told her I would post the question and see what I hear?
Thanks

Permanent Marker is removal, much depends on the toughness of the leather finish; typically, the monotone pigmented finish will have better results without finish damages. Two-tone finish has a weaker secondary finish and may be removed off together with the marker stain.

A picture will help determine the possible outcome.

Roger Koh
info@leatherdoctor.com

Pictures of the permanent removal process.

2ink77Dwell-TimetoPenetrateLubricat.jpg

3SuspendedStainExtracted.jpg

4RinsewithWater.jpg

6FinalNon-DistructiveMarkerRemovalR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
not to derail the thread but it was a bit more than that Richard. The use of color/font screwed things up because they carried over into the URLs. You had to use the A/a to view the post source to see it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom