Lee, I hear Ryans is going the National Route!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I was informed tonight that Hometown Buffet/Ryans has signed an agreement with a company called SureClean (I believe) to clean all of their stores. You know what I told the gm. Thank God!!!!! Not the same account as it used to be. They used to clean monthly now every 2-3 months. The carpet is absolutely trash each time. I went up on my prices when they went to bi-monthly but wouldn't fire them cuz one of my former gm's ran the place so I continued to clean just for his sake. What a good feeling knowing this is the last time.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
That sucks. Just hope they have a business license, tax id number, and insurance in every county in ky. Cause they will catch hell. Ill report umm if they come here just for u lol

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
till they call you and want you to do it for 40% less.......

happened to my Family dollars :x :x :x :x :x :x

now some 5 national companies and I dont know how many locals....they still follow that path :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and we wonder why this nation is going to shit

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I tAlked to my good friend that still runs. Ryans near Chat, Tn. They just got the word 2 days ago, he said that he hadn't informed his cc yet. He's been using same guy for 15 years. Get ready, he said they didn't have s choice in the matter. I read the ena they received. I'm not sweating it, but if I were still cleaning 10 like befor then that would be a 4,000 per month hit.

PCCN

Totally agree with most comments. Bet the new "techs" don't speak English and use tools/supplies that fell off of the back of a truck! Nashville is overrun with this type of operation. Then the customer asks a reputable cleaner to come in, do a better job, for the same bogus money. NO WAY!

Used to do Pizza Huts quarterly, they also were FILTHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and when they began calling once or twice a year, increased their fee, now they have "joe blow carpet cleaner" just to get by. Sorry, but I do like to have a roof and eat. I'm VERY reasonable but now going to loose money to clean a customers floors. Hope the rest of the country feels the same.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We stuck with them thru their bankruptcy several years ago, to the tune of over $3000 lost. Even now they are running 60 days behind. I feel bad for my hard-working sons and their families who depend on them.

...and Ryan's has a cash register by the front door so that no one eats a bite until they PAY UP FRONT. Many local services (hvac, plumbing, etc) hate them already for the many $thousands they have screwed out of the community.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
$365 for full clean
$230 for traffic and around bars

Not sure of the frequency though and this gm didn't know either

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
PCCN said:
Totally agree with most comments. Bet the new "techs" don't speak English and use tools/supplies that fell off of the back of a truck! Nashville is overrun with this type of operation. Then the customer asks a reputable cleaner to come in, do a better job, for the same bogus money. NO WAY!

Used to do Pizza Huts quarterly, they also were FILTHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and when they began calling once or twice a year, increased their fee, now they have "joe blow carpet cleaner" just to get by. Sorry, but I do like to have a roof and eat. I'm VERY reasonable but now going to loose money to clean a customers floors. Hope the rest of the country feels the same.

aint just nashville :x :x :x :x :x

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
BLewis said:
I was informed tonight that Hometown Buffet/Ryans has signed an agreement with a company called SureClean (I believe) to clean all of their stores. You know what I told the gm. Thank God!!!!! Not the same account as it used to be. They used to clean monthly now every 2-3 months. The carpet is absolutely trash each time. I went up on my prices when they went to bi-monthly but wouldn't fire them cuz one of my former gm's ran the place so I continued to clean just for his sake. What a good feeling knowing this is the last time.

I'm sure "Sureclean" will be calling local cleaners and asking them to sub contract the work, probably at 10 cents a foot or under, no name on the trucks or uniforms, and work THEIR hours......and maybe pay 30-60 days later.

I did that with "Cleanway" out of New York about 25 years ago........when I was starting up.

randy

Name
Randy
We got a call on that account last year, they sub the work at 5 cents a square. Just no profit there to get, probably costs many cleaners more then that to do the work. Same thing with CVS, zero money on that account. As long as there are ignorant, desperate "owner operators" willing to be 5 cent slaves then this bullshit will continue. Our industry deserves it, we created the trend by accommodating a business model that craps down the throats of owner/operators.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Lee cleans Buffets? Gasp. Stockpile is a High Roller he wud not stoop to that level. He does not even clean on Mondays.

Golden Boy

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Lee, I hear Ryans is going the National Route!

randy said:
We got a call on that account last year, they sub the work at 5 cents a square. Just no profit there to get, probably costs many cleaners more then that to do the work. Same thing with CVS, zero money on that account. As long as there are ignorant, desperate "owner operators" willing to be 5 cent slaves then this bullshit will continue. Our industry deserves it, we created the trend by accommodating a business model that craps down the throats of owner/operators.
Typical response- perhaps instead say "how do companies profit from doint this and how can I learn from them?" Doesn't mean you have to do it but there are likely some good learning points.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PCCN

BLewis said:

Is this company (sureclean) similar to Cleanway? (Based in CA and NY)

Just wondering because Cleanway is nothing more than a sales company that secures nationwide contracts for major retailers, offices, etc. and then subs out ALL the work to locals. I signed on for about a month. Gave me some CVS drugstores to clean the clinics. Turned out if the clinic had carpet I was to clean the carpet and general clean the rooms. If it had VCT, they wanted it striped and waxed, and clean the rooms. And for a grand total of $49 each store (not per room). No typo here. They also asked me to do a 12,000 sf DSW Shoe Store, and they "generously offered me $375! Sooooooooooooo, this relationship lasted all of zilch.

Just wonerding about the sureclean company if it was the same way because if it is there is no way they can keep the contract for such a dirty restaurant chain.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Superclean has had the contract for a few months.. I do some work for them.. but turned down ryans. They are a very good company for what they do.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
MMM

Maintenance
Management
Mafia

Mafia being the key word...

its a good idea in theory....IF they didnt try to make as much on it as the guy who actually does the work...

Problem is the CORPs could really give a shit as to what is happening at store level....unless of course it pops in the red, then they wanna know WTF

Name
Lee Stockwell
SuperClean is a "pretend" carpet cleaning company.

I think it is funny they will now get pretend money from their pretend client.

We had a ten year relationship with the original Ryan's, a well run, clean, and profitable company... before Buffets Inc. bought them with borrowed money and a plan to extract lots of extra profit from them. (Vulture Capitalists)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Actually lee....... superclean services all of there clients them selves in texas. In their area. They have floor crews window crews and 14 truckmounts.... so they actually do know how to do the work..

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

randy

Name
Randy

Ken Snow said:
randy said:
Typical response- perhaps instead say "how do companies profit from doint this and how can I learn from them?" Doesn't mean you have to do it but there are likely some good learning points.

I don't think anyone makes a profit at 5 cents a square. Over the years we have seen many of these "national carpet cleaners" go chapter 7 and leave lots of their local contractors holding the bag, so how profitable is that. This kind of how low can we go thinking is what gets a company "large" but horribly unprofitable. Look at some of the long established (20-30 years) companies within our industry that still have to tap credit lines to get through the winter. Perfect example of a business that is not really all that profitable. Often they would be better off split up, sold off in parts and the proceeds invested in a mid-cap stock. Higher return with a lot less work.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lee Stockwell said:
SuperClean is a "pretend" carpet cleaning company.

I think it is funny they will now get pretend money from their pretend client.

We had a ten year relationship with the original Ryan's, a well run, clean, and profitable company... before Buffets Inc. bought them with borrowed money and a plan to extract lots of extra profit from them. (Vulture Capitalists)

No they are a pretend everything company...

Cory from the board has done Einstiens floors here, as well as a few other "major" retailers...

I keep telling him to tell them to piss off

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

randy said:
Ken Snow said:
randy said:

I don't think anyone makes a profit at 5 cents a square. Over the years we have seen many of these "national carpet cleaners" go chapter 7 and leave lots of their local contractors holding the bag, so how profitable is that. This kind of how low can we go thinking is what gets a company "large" but horribly unprofitable. Look at some of the long established (20-30 years) companies within our industry that still have to tap credit lines to get through the winter. Perfect example of a business that is not really all that profitable. Often they would be better off split up, sold off in parts and the proceeds invested in a mid-cap stock. Higher return with a lot less work.

Not sure who the "we" is Randy or what national companies going bankrupt (if they have) has to do with the actual cleaning company making money at 5 cents a sq ft. If a cleaner (esp OO) can produce 1000-1500 sq ft an hour at .05 this is $50-$7$ per hour. If they can operate their business at $20 or less per operating hour not including labor then there is $30-$55 left for labor cost & profit. If an owner operator this can be a decent income, if using employees if there are eonough jobs it can still be profitable, though not hugely. If production can be higher the profit goes up.

Ken

kingjoelking

Supportive Member

Ken Snow said:

I have learned the lesson of how these companies can make money doing these at $.05 a sf. It's called splash and dash. I have no need to learn how to clean carpet so that it looks OK for 1-3 days.

C

cory kenyon

Super Clean was a good company to do work for a couple of years ago. They paid on time, and I had very few problems with them. They gave me tons of work with many reputable retailers. They started getting cheaper and wanting unrealistic results. They went to 60 day payout, which was more like 60+ by the time you got the money. They had the contract to close several Blockbusters. They ended up screwing many contractors out of a lot of money. Long story short, stay away from them!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom