Legal Disclaimer at bottom of Emails ?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
do you use anything like this at the bottom of your emails? why or why not?

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Other than the fact that lawsuits are part of the American way, what kind of information do you send that requires this disclaimer?

To me it seems like unnecessary legalese, which should be avoided unless they provide you with some legal protection, which, not being a lawyer, I can't see that it does.

The less legalese, restrictions, implied threats or anything that taints your contact with clients the better. Just like being dressed well and being polite, these are all points of contact with the client, they all add up and they do count.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well if you send quotes via email its a good idea.

Is it going to stop anyone?
Probably not but if you ever found out a company shared your quote with a competitor.

Would have to be pretty big though for me to pursue it.

Reactions: Derek

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not. Do not send any quotes. Maybe I should but I don't care for them when receive them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes here is what I use which is what my Sister told me to use and what she uses at MOFO (for those that don't know who MOFO is that's Morrison Forrester THE Law firm in San Francisco) and yes it grants extreme legal recourse in the event someone that was confidential was ever shared. She also to me it needs to be on every email not just the ones that are important so it builds a history which proves consistency in the event someone tried to say they never received the notice.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited

Name
Jesse
Heck yea! It's a huge missed opportunity for most people to market their business and develop relationships. We don't use a legal disclaimer, but we do include links to our social profiles, have a "Did you know?" section, and sometimes other call to actions just to keep planting seeds. We also have our signatures branded with our logo which many companies don't do which is another missed opportunity. If anyone wants an easy way to do this, check out WiseStamp. Pretty cool.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you don't pay me or share this quote - I'm putting nails in your driveway!

Bawb on Hoodledink's computer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom