Legend Brands is selling on Amazon, firing on all cylinders.

laura@legendbrands

Whipper Snapper
Name
Laura O
Laura, I was clicking around on the Legend Brands website and found these coupons. Is this the same thing you were talking about? Looks like a good deal. Oh jeeze, I didn't know Chemspec was also a LB company.

Yes those are the coupons. We also advertise our sweepstakes or special promotions on that page as well!

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Free shipping and Next day delivery nice.

90AC6B9C-DBB3-467C-B82C-CF25190F9DA7.jpeg

Reactions: Mikey P

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Of all the suppliers at our fingertips, I don't see why they needed to put Amazon in the game.
Not everyone has a reliable distributor close. Yes, we have one, but it's hit or miss if they have anything in stock. I plan road trips with the wife down to Utah and I load up the car with supplies for a few months.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Just remember with Amazon the shipping times are not from the time you place the order, they are from the time the order is processed which could be two days or more.

randy

Name
Randy
If you run truck mounts and abandon the local distributor in favor of saving a few bucks today, in the long term it will cost you big time. Chemical sales are the bread & butter of the supply business. Take that away and they will disappear quickly. Do you really want to be calling an 800 number when your truck mount is down and has you baffled ? If so buy a BANE or Buttler and order on Amazon. For everyone else, the local distributor has earned your business many times over. Don't be so quick to toss them on the trash heap of this industry.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you run truck mounts and abandon the local distributor in favor of saving a few bucks today, in the long term it will cost you big time. Chemical sales are the bread & butter of the supply business. Take that away and they will disappear quickly. Do you really want to be calling an 800 number when your truck mount is down and has you baffled ? If so buy a BANE or Buttler and order on Amazon. For everyone else, the local distributor has earned your business many times over. Don't be so quick to toss them on the trash heap of this industry.

And if Legend chems are not in stock, then what? Use something else to support the dealer?

Sure I get that

Buy I also get that if Legend Brands doesn't move a certain amount of soap, Bane and Butler may be your only choice...

randy

Name
Randy
If they can't sell enough through their brick & mortar suppliers they are already on life support. Betraying their brick n mortar stores is as ignorant as anything I have seen in this industry in nearly 30 years. If I was a distributor I would be bitching about it. If they continued I would dump them for another line that gives a dam about me.

This short term, quick buck thinking will be the death of our country.

FredC

Village Idiot

or maybe failure to move away from unnecessarily cumbersome systems in an attempt to preserve the "old way" will.......

Maybe the B&Ms need to adapt.

At one time I was researching "local" banner sales and saw first hand how behind the times the few B&Ms (CC supply) that exist actually are.

Mikey P

Administrator
If they can't sell enough through their brick & mortar suppliers they are already on life support. Betraying their brick n mortar stores is as ignorant as anything I have seen in this industry in nearly 30 years. If I was a distributor I would be bitching about it. If they continued I would dump them for another line that gives a dam about me.

Jon Don and Interlink have their house brands to sell.

Understandably so.

Legends, CTI, HM and all the rest need to think outside the box if they are to prosper.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

If suppliers didn't sell products to the public maybe things wouldn't always be out of stock when we need them.
We should be loyal to them but they are not loyal to us. It's everyone for themselves.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If suppliers didn't sell products to the public maybe things wouldn't always be out of stock when we need them.
We should be loyal to them but they are not loyal to us. It's everyone for themselves.
Not true. We have never sold more then rakes and Procyon spot and stain unless they order on ebay but ebay has very little of what we offer on it. Need to do a major revamp but nto eveyrone is out for themselves even when I should be since you did get 1/2 that right, being out for ones self..

Reactions: steve_64

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You can't blame the suppliers for wanting to sell more product, that's the way of the world. When they undercut their own distributors, to me, that's a betrayal of trust. Unless they give those distributors the ability to price match by discounting the wholesale price. Then it becomes a matter of personal choice. I support my local distributors bit if I can get a 20% discount and free shipping on a large order, that's mighty tempting.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
When they undercut their own distributors, to me, that's a betrayal of trust.

Just out of curiosity what is your opinion of house brands being pushed over the branded juice like Mike mentioned?

Last edited:
Reactions: FB7777

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not only that, which brand do you suggest when a cleaner says "I need something good?"

I think when you sell multiple lines, including your house brand it can become a conflict of interest.

What products do you push? Most popular? Biggest margin? Most effective?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Just out of curiosity what is your opinion of house brands being pushed over the branded juice like Mike mentioned?

The Interlink Supply "house brand" is Bridgepoint. Bridgepoint is a leading chemical manufacturer. In fact, they produce the "house brands" for many smaller chemical lines. The formulations and the production facilities are the equal of any in the industry. This is very different from house brands that simply have a private label.

FredC

Village Idiot
The formulations and the production facilities are the equal of any in the industry.

I'm sure they are.

We are talking about "protecting" distributors against the manufacturers who are choosing to sell outside of the normal distribution networks but those same distributors are selling their own juices whether they private label or manufacture themselves. It would be hard for me to believe that they aren't pushed harder and given premium placement putting other lines at a disadvantage. Of course we are really only talking about the "big guys" but they are the ones who dictate how things work for the smaller ones.

**It isn't that I don't understand why or wouldn't do it myself

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom