Legend TM

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Im looking at buying this pro hem legend. Has about 900 hrs. Been used mostly for h20 ext.

How does this unit compare as entry unit to hydro 421?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have NOT owned a hydromaster, but I have never heard anyone be a fan of them after owning one. I HAVE ran alot of legends and run a bridgepoint version of one, its the same just has a briggs motor, which I have had alot better luck with than kohlers. running soft water through these model of prochems is very important, it will get rid of alot of annoying issues. there are things I have never had to do with my machine because of the water softner.

they are good machines although if they had come with a 22hp motor and a #4 blower it would have been alot better and the cost of the machine wouldn't have been much more.

Glynn

The HM 421 cant be that bad, it is the worlds biggest selling TM isn't it ?.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Ryan nice talking to you on the phone.

But man what kind of language do they speak down there in that HELLHOLE north carolina?

Some sort of ebonic dialect?

JeeeeZ!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Clnthred said:
Im looking at buying this pro hem legend. Has about 900 hrs. Been used mostly for h20 ext.

How does this unit compare as entry unit to hydro 421?

Which Legend? Legend, Legend SE, Legend XL, Legend GTX? They are all good little machines if they have been taken care of and all the parts are still readily available. How much do they want if you don't mind me asking?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yep. The Legend was first then the SE Special Edition had the bigger engine and blower they kept it so it wasn't special anymore and became the XL then it was upgraded again 2 years ago and became the GTX along with the Peak, Blazer and the Apex. At least I think that is how the Time Line went... :mrgreen:

Chris A

Name
Chris
My Dad had an og legend with an 18hp and a 36 blower and that machine went 7500 hours on the original components (no shit) . I now have a 421 as a back up with about 2500 hours and I haven't put enough hours on it to make up my mind on it yet. I have put some money into it but mostly due to deferred maintenance by the previous owner.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
It's the SE. He has it in a van which I don't plan on buying. I am more interested in the unit and assories. Any idea where I should start I price. I'm hoping to snag it foe around 3 to 5 K. Going to have it looked over by interlink before I talk numbers.

Hey Jimmy! Thanks for givin me a call! Sorry didn't have much tyme to tawlk, reckon next time huh!

PRICK :lol:

Oh yeah talked to my bro Inlaw about the tile deal, this one is gonna be fun watching unfold :roll:

Anyways thanks for taking the time to look me up! :mrgreen:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If it really has 900 hours 8500-9000 k is what I would sell it for with 100' new hoses and a new 2 jet wand but I'd put $1000 of labor/parts in minimum so yeah 5 k sounds about right.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Not sure what will be needed, I'm not sure he has cleaned carpet with it in who mows how long! Thanks John!

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel

Legend GTX??

Is that different to the Legend GT John :mrgreen:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Bethel said:
[quote="John Olson":qansnray] it was upgraded again 2 years ago and became the GTX along with the Peak, Blazer and the Apex. At least I think that is how the Time Line went... :mrgreen:

Legend GTX??

Is that different to the Legend GT John :mrgreen:[/quote:qansnray]
:oops: yeah GT the peak and apex are gtx :p

steve g

Name
steve garrett
john, maybe you can elaborate. looking at the specs on prochems it shows the legend GTX as producing more CFM than the peak does despite it having a smaller engine than the peak does. I know you guys really like to recommend the peak have you found the peak is actually less powerful of a machine than the legend is??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom