Less "elective" cleaning & more "necessity" cleaning 4 U 2?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It could just be because she shifted our focus to value conscious instead of high end service...

I have noticed since the house burned down in 2008 we do more move outs and "absolutely should have gotten it done 3 years ago" cleanings. "I'm selling my house cleanings" and not "I want to protect my investment" cleanings. No maintenance, just really really trashed or stinky carpets and then move outs and listing cleanings.

I understand the shift towards this will be a higher % than the value conscious cleaning companies but I was wondering if any "Value added service" type companies who don't focus on price have seen a shift towards the trend of cleaning less often or only when mandated by sale, move out etc.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Re: Less "elective" cleaning & more "necessity" cleaning 4 U

There are a lot of slobs in the world today. And a lot of do it your selfers. Hardly anyone gets it done regularly these days.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

And that's new in the last 8 years?

I came from a family that never even considered having carpets cleaned as something people do. Then I found that everybody did it all the time once it was my profession. Now not so much.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I agree with you somewhat. I have 2 jobs scheduled next week that havn't cleaned in 3 years. I think it was the tight economy with these custys, and CC ranked pretty low on the priority list. I have seen these custys over the last 3 years while out and about, and they would say "I'll be calling you", but it never happened till this Spring. A few more that I have seen have went with the "coupon and groupon" guys, and I know they will be back.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Not seeing exactly what.you are seeing but definitely frequency has dropped a little.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom